Sexual Orientation Gender Identity mandatory curriculum for public schools in British Columbia

Your daughter never ran into a road or played with light sockets then. Sure, not everything calls for a spanking, but that doesn't mean that a spanking is never called for.
My entire point is that spanking is never called for. You're simply wrong, and probably low IQ if you spank your kids. Sorry, those are facts.

The second part, about adhering to child's wish to be transgender, just depends on the level of love and emotional support you're providing for the kid. A parent who makes a kid feel unloved or unwanted is unfit by law to have custody regardless of their reasons for it. So obviously I believe the parent should be under no legal requirement to provide hormonal therapy for a child, but I do believe they should be under legal requirement to provide a safe and nurturing home for their child no matter what their child's sexuality is.

A prepubescent(key word) child is not capable of making an informed decision on what their sexuality is. Besides, the parents are under legal obligation to provide a safe and nurturing home, regardless.

A prepubescent(key word) child is not capable of making an informed decision on what their sexuality is. Besides, the parents are under legal obligation to provide a safe and nurturing home, regardless.

We're in total agreement, we're saying the same thing.

I don't know. There's a bizarre motion going on right now, that wants to demonize masculinity while promoting homosexuality, and gender confusion.

I don't want to put on my tinfoil hat just yet, but do you not find it a bit odd how the Transgender issue just kinda came outta nowhere, and started being placated to by the government? I find it quite strange that it is perfectly OKAY for you to take you prepubescent kid to the doctor to get hormone blockers injected into them, to aid in their transition, because the child, who would probably choose to eat chocolate cake for dinner every night, has been given the freedom to make this life altering decision. Oh', and in some areas, if you don't adhere to the child's wishes to become transgender, you can actually get in trouble for it and have child services called on you.

Now, is it just me, or is that fucking insane?

It's a clear case of child abuse although part of me does think that if anyone is prepared to sterilize their children because of their politically driven, scientifically illiterate views on gender and biology, then it's probably best that these people don't pass on their genetics.

We're in total agreement, we're saying the same thing.

Are we? It sounded like you were equating love and emotional support, with the level of encouragement shown towards a child's wishes to be trans. Like, if you didn't support it, you would somehow be showing them less love and emotional support?

Remember, I'm talking prepubescent kids here, not a 17 year old.

You don't need the tinfoil hat in terms of blaming it on "Cultural Marxists" or lizard people or something like that. There are big money interests pushing it, and as we've seen in other cases a powerful and well-funded lobby can have serious influence on government policy, public opinion and even culture. The LGBTQ lobby is very well-connected and has a lot of influence in the mass media obviously.

You say that it came out of nowhere. Doesn't it seem to you that it seemed to really explode after the same-sex marriage battle was won in the US? What happens to all the LGBTQ advocacy orgs (and the millions of $ in donations) if they don't have a dragon to slay? The really disturbing question to ask yourself is: if they get their way on this, what comes next?

That's another bingo.. People make a living as victims pushing change. It's their livilihood. They aren't seeking an end to their livelihood, they are seeking a continued battle.. It's hard to make a good living sometimes.

Are we? It sounded like you were equating love and emotional support, with the level of encouragement shown towards a child's wishes to be trans. Like, if you didn't support it, you would somehow be showing them less love and emotional support?

Remember, I'm talking prepubescent kids here, not a 17 year old.

I'm drawing a distinction between encouragement and support.

By encouragement, I mean there is some level of persuasion. So you see that the kid is showing signs of transgenderism, so you actively influence the kid in that direction.

By support, I mean that you show the kid the same love and provide the same emotional assistance that you would show your kid in regards to anything else. Basically, making sure that your child knows you love them no matter what, and will always be there for them.

Encouragement is not necessary, and in a lot of ways actually seems hurtful. I don't think any level of encouragement is needed in regards to anything involving sexuality because I believe sexuality comes naturally. Encouraging your kid's sexuality is unnatural to me. Nobody had to convince you to be straight, I assume, and if somebody tried to convince you to be non-straight, you probably would have had serious issues.

By encouragement, I mean there is some level of persuasion. So you see that the kid is showing signs of transgenderism, so you actively influence the kid in that direction.

By support, I mean that you show the kid the same love and provide the same emotional assistance that you would show your kid in regards to anything else. Basically, making sure that your child knows you love them no matter what, and will always be there for them.

Encouragement is not necessary, and in a lot of ways actually seems hurtful. I don't think any level of encouragement is needed in regards to anything involving sexuality because I believe sexuality comes naturally. Encouraging your kid's sexuality is unnatural to me. Nobody had to convince you to be straight, I assume, and if somebody tried to convince you to be non-straight, you probably would have had serious issues.

and I think all reasonable people can agree with this.

I hear you, but it's tricky. There's sexuality, and then there are societal norms. Some would take your final statement as a point to not encourage your child to wear clothes commonly associated with their specific gender, because that too is encouraging a certain type of sexuality, and well, "gender conformation", which is bizarrely enough, an actual issue these days.

and I think all reasonable people can agree with this.

I have a friend who has a son in fifth grade who has been showing a lot of signs that you may associate with homosexuality. Basically just his interests and the way he wants to dress.

My friend said that whatever he ends up being, he loves and supports him for that. But he just does not want his son to decide what he is before he is old enough to even know what he is.

I think that's an honest and reasonable way to feel. Whereas I'm sure there are some people who would feel like the right thing to do is encourage him to be OK about being openly gay. Or convince him to be more masculine. The kid is already ok being himself, whatever it is. He's confident as hell. So why encourage him to be gay when he might not even be gay? Or try to convince him to be straight, when he might already be straight?

Let the kid be a kid. He wants to wear a flashy scarf? Okay, wear a scarf. Why tell him that means he's gay? Lol.

I have a friend who has a son in fifth grade who has been showing a lot of signs that you may associate with homosexuality. Basically just his interests and the way he wants to dress.

My friend said that whatever he ends up being, he loves and supports him for that. But he just does not want his son to decide what he is before he is old enough to even know what he is.

I think that's an honest and reasonable way to feel. Whereas I'm sure there are some people who would feel like the right thing to do is encourage him to be OK about being openly gay. Or convince him to be more masculine. The kid is already ok being himself, whatever it is. He's confident as hell. So why encourage him to be gay when he might not even be gay? Or try to convince him to be straight, when he might already be straight?

Let the kid be a kid. He wants to wear a flashy scarf? Okay, wear a scarf. Why tell him that means he's gay? Lol.

And again, this is an even handed, fair, sensible approach.

I do take issue with any hormone supplements, plastic surgery under the age of 17.

I hear you, but it's tricky. There's sexuality, and then there are societal norms. Some would take your final statement as a point to not encourage your child to wear clothes commonly associated with their specific gender, because that too is encouraging a certain type of sexuality, and well, "gender conformation", which is bizarrely enough, an actual issue these days.

I will definitely be providing clothes that are appropriate for gender norms. If that is encouraging a kid towards a specific sexuality, then so be it. Maybe that makes me hypocritical in someway, but there has to be a starting point. Most people are heterosexual and associate with their own gender, so that seems like a good place to start.

If a kid is raised in that way and starts wanting to wear dresses, then there must be some real reason for that. I would cross that bridge along with my spouse if I ever came to it, but I can say for sure that it would not affect my love one bit.

And again, this is an even handed, fair, sensible approach.

I do take issue with any hormone supplements, plastic surgery under the age of 17.

I think I am too. But I have also not spent a great deal of time researching that, so I guess somebody could convince me otherwise with enough evidence. But I can't imagine what evidence could convince me that a kid under the age of 17 should have life altering treatment.

screen-shot-2018-03-28-at-15-39-26.png

You wanna be wary of these kinds of groups. They're usually run by men who identify as women and seem to have a very keen interest in the "gender identity" of your child. Under a mask of compassion they're invited into schools to essentially try to groom kids into their lifestyle.

You can see the part with that girl at about 1:30. Obviously we don't want our children to bully, hate or stigmatize minorities of any kind, including homosexuals or trans people. But why as a part of that lesson do we need them to come up to the front of the class and tell everyone their "gender identity"??

I'm not saying that this is gonna automatically make all of the kids think that they're trans or something like that. But there are children who will be susceptible to being influenced by this: kids maybe with problems at home, kids with mental illness/depression, kids who are gay, or some that are simply gender non-conforming. Like all predators, the activists will hunt out these vulnerable targets and devour them.

My entire point is that spanking is never called for. You're simply wrong, and probably low IQ if you spank your kids. Sorry, those are facts.

Lulz, only a low IQ person would say something like that. And no, I haven't spanked my kids since they were probably 3 or 4.

He should help his son avoid it at all costs. Don't let it get worse.

Higher risks of STDs, drug addiction, suicide, sexually deviant behavior, being viewed as a sexual fetish meant to be used and abused is something people should prevent.

That's how you love and protect your child in my opinion.

This is the kind of education one might consider doing to a population you're waging war on.

Everyone feels human. There is no such thing as feeling like a boy or feeling like a girl. Do whatever the fuck you want...

You have a dick but want to wear a dress? Do it. It doesn't make you a woman. You want to be called a woman? Okay fine, everyone can refer to you as a woman, but it doesn't make you a woman.

'Genders' aren't fucking real, you can't mentally choose to be one or another or whatever in between.

You are born as one sex, male or female, very rarely sometimes both or sometimes none. You can't change that. You want to cut your dick off and be called a female? Go ahead, but just know that doesn't actually make you a woman. Nothing makes you a man nor a woman.

I'm tired of all this gender shit.

The first part is legitimately insane. Hormone treatment is basically chemical surgery (I'm not a doctor, I'm just drawing a comparison that makes sense to me). You would never allow a child to have voluntary surgery at a young age, so the idea of allowing a child to voluntarily take hormones seems unsafe and misguided to me. I don't think that is protective of the child at all, even if it is well intentioned. There are plenty of awful things you can do that are well-intentioned, it's not really an excuse.

The second part, about adhering to child's wish to be transgender, just depends on the level of love and emotional support you're providing for the kid. A parent who makes a kid feel unloved or unwanted is unfit by law to have custody regardless of their reasons for it. So obviously I believe the parent should be under no legal requirement to provide hormonal therapy for a child, but I do believe they should be under legal requirement to provide a safe and nurturing home for their child no matter what their child's sexuality is.

I agree.

But, what age are you implying when you say "their child's sexuality"?

As parents, it is not our job to indulge every backwards or ridiculous feeling/thought/fantasy our children have. To me, that includes dressing up as the opposite sex and/or portraying the opposite sex, transgenderism, and supposed sexuality in certain contexts.

It's one thing for my young son to dress up as a princess when he was 3 or 5 when playing in daycare or even if he wants to at home now that he is 8. That's no cause for alarm. It's something completely different if he wanted to dress like that for school, public outings, etc. because he thinks he's a girl. That, for me, falls squarely in the realm of fantasy and is not something I would indulge. To me, that is nurturing, that is providing safety. Not indulging such a fantasy is not equatable to a lack of love.

Back