Shadow of the Colossus Remake (PS4)

jojoRed

Aint no stress on me, Lord.
@Silver
Reaction score
"The remake is led by Bluepoint, who developed the earlier PlayStation 3 remaster. The developers remade all the game's assets from the ground up, but the game retains the same gameplay from the original title along with the introduction of a new control scheme" - Wikipedia

Release Date: February 6, 2018

Here is the E3 2017 trailer:

Some gameplay:

Visual comparison between the PS2, PS3 remaster and the PS4 remake:

What do yall think? Are you looking forward to it? Have you played the original and/or PS3 remaster?

Personally, I played the PS2/PS3 versions and very much disliked the control system, I did find it to be cumbersome and detracting from the experience but I guess Fueda was looking to add the sense of struggle taking down huge colossi such as holding the climb button when hanging on colossi etc. During the PS2 era, I was used to switching up controls every other game but by the time PS3 rolled around, there was a set control system nearly every game used and it was difficult deviating from that to play the game again. Never finished the game but I did enjoy the atmosphere and the sense of scale, looking forward to playing with a better control system and finishing up.

Apparently the special edition isn't available in Canada for some reason.. I was going to pre-order is yesterday but I couldn't so out of a petty bitterness I probably won't be getting it.

..but I love SotC. One of my favorite games ever.

I really liked this game but at some point don't they have to move on so to speak?

I really liked this game but at some point don't they have to move on so to speak?
While I do agree, this is one of those instances where the original vision was way passed the level technology available to do it justice. The original PS2 version had troubles running the game at higher than 15fps at many instances, and the PS3 version was able to bring it closer to 30fps across the board. The PS4 version is more of a proper remake that modernizes everything while ensuring that the game actually runs at a much more stable rate. I think it's actually worth it in this case.

It was the first game where the scale of the enemies scared the shit out of me. Duke's end boss in the original kind of did that too, but this felt far more ominous and terrifying. I still remember the chills when the first boss slowly turned towards me. I was playing in surround on my 50+ inch rear projection at the time, so there was nothing quite like it.

Id like every game to be remade at this point.

My PS3 has taken a shit and ive thought of upgrading, but then 100% of my ps3 games are now coasters. After doing every single DIY tactic, i finally checked out the price of a fix. Its $100 and thats on a ps3, plus who knows if it will last cuz i shouldnt have to do this shit in the 1st place.

Thats where backwards compatibility comes in, but theres no feature on any ps4 that i know of... Other option is to re buy all my games on the ps3 network, which makes me feel like a sucker. Last i looked, god of war 3 wasnt even available, so who knows what else isnt available.

So, fuck yea, remake all of them. If youre gonna rip us off, give us an upgraded version of the financial rape.

My PS3 has taken a shit and ive thought of upgrading, but then 100% of my ps3 games are now coasters. After doing every single DIY tactic, i finally checked out the price of a fix. Its $100 and thats on a ps3, plus who knows if it will last cuz i shouldnt have to do this shit in the 1st place.

Thats where backwards compatibility comes in, but theres no feature on any ps4 that i know of... Other option is to re buy all my games on the ps3 network, which makes me feel like a sucker. Last i looked, god of war 3 wasnt even available, so who knows what else isnt available.

So, fuck yea, remake all of them. If youre gonna rip us off, give us an upgraded version of the financial rape.
Are you still dealing with one of the FAT PS3 models? You know, the older ones with the PS2 chip on board? You can find PS3s out there in good shape for really cheap. Not that I want to take away from your situation, but that isn't the worst thing out there.

Yeah, it does suck that the PS4 doesn't support backwards compatibility. It kind of leaves those with older libraries out in the wind if our devices take a dump on us.

On iPad News yesterday, I saw an article from shit source Daily STAR speculating if MGS1 would be remade for PS4. Who the fook writes an article speculating shit with nothing to go on?

Are you still dealing with one of the FAT PS3 models? You know, the older ones with the PS2 chip on board? You can find PS3s out there in good shape for really cheap. Not that I want to take away from your situation, but that isn't the worst thing out there.

Yeah, it does suck that the PS4 doesn't support backwards compatibility. It kind of leaves those with older libraries out in the wind if our devices take a dump on us.

Have you thought about just looking for another PS3? That’s what I would do in your position.

Edit: oops, quotes the wrong person.

Why don’t you just buy another PS3?

SO looking forward to this, SotC is one of my top 3 favorite games ever! The remake looks amazing. I wish I could delete my memory of this game so I could experience it for the first time again. I can tell this will take up a huge chunk of my time once it comes out.

Preordered the collectors edition. Likely won't get to it any time soon though. Monster Hunter is life right now.

Preordered the collectors edition. Likely won't get to it any time soon though. Monster Hunter is life right now.
I have MH right now but havent played it due to the probably 50-100+ hours I would sink into it. Waiting to finish SOTC once releases and then get into MH. Cleaning up Deus Ex MD DLCs I have atm to pass the time though.

Im pissed it'll take longer for me to get to Nier though, first world problems. <mma1><28>

I never played the PS2 or PS3 version of SoTC, so I am definitely looking to play it now.

Anyone pick it up today?

Anyone pick it up today?
Havent got it yet, comes out tomorrow out here in Europe. Seen a couple videos an this is one of the best looking games on this generation of consoles. Wish I had the PRO cause I have a HDR ready tv.

UPDATE

I decided to buy the blu ray drive itself and did the ol' switch-a-ro. Put God of War 3 in and it ran!

Then audio skipped and repeated at the first boss.

Put Twisted Metal in and that worked fine for the 1st level.

Now im not sure ita the drive or the game. I am pretty sure its the game... Right when Poseidon begins to say something, the sound cycles. If i die, the entire game freezes and the system must be restarted.

I remember thia audio shit happening before my drive went out and i wonder if it was for this game..

anyone have this problem with ps3 games?

Anyone pick it up today?

Picked it up before work. Can't wait to get home tonight and play for a few hours! I know I'm going to spend a lot of time collecting lizard tails/fruit before going after the colossi

Back