Shadow of the Colossus Remake (PS4)

Got a 100 dollar psn card and I'm torn between this or UFC 3.. might get this tho cuz it's only 15 gigs off the psn store never played it before and everything I've read and heard has been nothing but good.

Watching distortion stream it and the game looks great.

Havent got it yet, comes out tomorrow out here in Europe. Seen a couple videos an this is one of the best looking games on this generation of consoles. Wish I had the PRO cause I have a HDR ready tv.

The Standard PS4 has HDR settings too

Only played for a little bit last night. The game looks incredible and the controls are a welcome upgrade.

The Standard PS4 has HDR settings too
I dont think this is true, its blacked out for me.
Only played for a little bit last night. The game looks incredible and the controls are a welcome upgrade.
Its goddamn gorgeous, played for 40 mins, mainly just roaming and getting used to the controls, the colossi are easy enough as I remember how to take em down, so I did the first 2 fairy easy.

Its fair to say this is one of the best looking games on the PS4 and is definitely the best remake Ive played yet. The controls have gotten a much needed upgrade.

Never really had a problem with the controls on the original or PS3 remake, except for that damn jump from the ramp to the pillar heading to the 3rd Colossus

Holy shit the opening sequence was absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Bluepoint did an amazing job on this remake, it upgrades the beauty of the game while maintaining everything that made the game special in the first place.

For any of you first timers playing this, let me offer you a little tip:
Keep an eye out for trees with fruit hanging from them and lizards with silver tails while you're wandering through the world. Collecting them will upgrade your stamina wheel and life bar.

One thing that's going to be rough is the platinum for this game. One of the trophies is completing hard mode in an insane time like 5 1/2 hours or something.

This game brought one of my favorite game experiences of all time. I was hooked from beginning to end.

I dont think this is true, its blacked out for me.

Thats strange, i bought a new 4K HDR TV this weekend and it let me enable it, what tv have you got?

Yeah, I don't have a Pro but I do have an HDR set and I have it on.

Yeah, I don't have a Pro but I do have an HDR set and I have it on.
Thats strange, i bought a new 4K HDR TV this weekend and it let me enable it, what tv have you got?

Seems like my TV is only 4K and not HDR, my bad. Game is still gorgeous however, beat my 6th Colossus. Gonna take this game slow cause I feel Im going way too quick.
One thing that's going to be rough is the platinum for this game.
Looked at the trophy guide and yeah seems like this is not only gonna be time consuming but tough s hell. Pass. Ive got 30 plats but I dont really recall many of them being super tough outside of COD WaW, MW2, Bloodborne and Batman Arkham Asylum. If a game is a time consuming mess, I dont even attempt going for the plat.

Seems like my TV is only 4K and not HDR, my bad. Game is still gorgeous however, beat my 6th Colossus. Gonna take this game slow cause I feel Im going way too quick.

Looked at the trophy guide and yeah seems like this is not only gonna be time consuming but tough s hell. Pass. Ive got 30 plats but I dont really recall many of them being super tough outside of COD WaW, MW2, Bloodborne and Batman Arkham Asylum. If a game is a time consuming mess, I dont even attempt going for the plat.

Honestly aside from 1-2 trophies it doesn't seem too bad to me. I remember beating almost all the colossi on all time attack modes so I think I can do it again.

found the special edition on play-asia, just ordered it.. didn't want to not own this game.

found the special edition on play-asia, just ordered it.. didn't want to not own this game.

Nice. All I got was a PS4 theme, set of 16 Colossi avatars and the light sword from pre ordering from Gamestop. Would love to have a collector's edition of this.

The only thing that threw me off so far is that I kind of feel like I'm fighting the camera for control at times. I've been mainly playing my Switch lately and the 3 games I've been playing have very easy camera control, it'll stay exactly where you move it. In SotC it seems like the camera always wants to center itself. Haven't played the PS2 or PS3 versions in a while so I can't remember if it was always like that.

Collector's edition was well worth the extra $10. The whole presentation is a step above the vast majority of titles that come out.

The only thing that threw me off so far is that I kind of feel like I'm fighting the camera for control at times.
Wasnt it way worse on the PS2 and PS3? Made the game a frustration tbh, feels much better on the remake.

The controls on the PS3 re-release were so severely fucked that it was almost unplayable. Has anyone who played both the PS2 and PS3 releases gotten this yet ? Curious to hear how the controls feel.

Last edited:
The controls on the PS3 re-release were so severely fucked that it was almost unplayable. Has anyone who played both the PS2 and PS3 releases gotten this yet ? Curious to hear how the controls feel.

They're much better. You also have 2-3 control schemes to choose from.

You'd be delighted to find out that the game is actually bearable control wise, the game just looks damn gorgeous and the jank is reduced a bit now.

I dont now if I should go for the platinum trophy or not. Anyone actually get it here?

Back