Shadow of the Tomb Raider

jefferz

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Awesome! I just picked up rise of the tomb raider the 20th year celebration bundle on sale for 20$ ( makes sense now )

I will be looking forward to the new one.

Awesome. I've loved the tomb raider series since the first one on ps1

"Rise Of The Tomb Raider" was damn near perfect.

All they gotta do is work on enemy AI, balance their abilities, and make fighting them seem like more than just shooting gallery/speed bump. They need to make them more of a threat, and have the player actually have to utilize the "upgrade" system.

In ROTTR, they had normal enemies, armored enemies, enemies with shields....and they could all be taken out in one shot with poison arrows. I think the bears were the only enemy that could actually absorb varying degrees of damage.

Everything else was perfect though. Just gotta tighten up the enemy encounters, and they've got something truly special on their hands.

All they gotta do is work on enemy AI, balance their abilities, and make fighting them seem like more than just shooting gallery/speed bump. They need to make them more of a threat, and have the player actually have to utilize the "upgrade" system.

In ROTTR, they had normal enemies, armored enemies, enemies with shields....and they could all be taken out in one shot with poison arrows. I think the bears were the only enemy that could actually absorb varying degrees of damage.

Everything else was perfect though. Just gotta tighten up the enemy encounters, and they've got something truly special on their hands.
I've played ROTTR through many times and I don't think I've ever used the poison arrows.

Yep I loved it. I recently played UC4 and it's not even close to as good as this game. I wasn't even a fan of the first game. The first one started off ok but quickly dropped off and I rushed to finish it. I mainly enjoyed the stealth component that they added it was very well done.

Can't wait to try this one out as well.

Only concern is a different group/team (maybe even company from what I read) is making this game so hopefully they work with what they already have and improve upon it.

I've played ROTTR through many times and I don't think I've ever used the poison arrows.

They're stupidly overpowered, for enemies that didn't put up much of a fight to begin with. The bow in general, is a bit of a cheat. It's so much more accurate and powerful than any other weapon. I think I got the compound bow, and never touched another weapon in the game, unless I ran out of arrows, which was rare.

I wouldn't mind it if they just focused away from the shooting action altogether, where you're fighting waves of enemies. Maybe make it a full on stealth game. I think you could integrate that kind of combat into the overall design better, so the gameplay doesn't feel so fragmented, and it all could flow together a bit more seamlessly.

They're stupidly overpowered, for enemies that didn't put up much of a fight to begin with. The bow in general, is a bit of a cheat. It's so much more accurate and powerful than any other weapon. I think I got the compound bow, and never touched another weapon in the game, unless I ran out of arrows, which was rare.

I wouldn't mind it if they just focused away from the shooting action altogether, where you're fighting waves of enemies. Maybe make it a full on stealth game. I think you could integrate that kind of combat into the overall design better, so the gameplay doesn't feel so fragmented, and it all could flow together a bit more seamlessly.

giphy.gif

Might give it a try. I've always felt Tomb Raider was superior to Uncharted as a whole package.

I was a big fan of the first Tomb Raider (As in the reboot Tomb Raider), but Rise of the Tomb Raider didn't do it for me at all. Will prob pick it up in a steam sale down the line

Thought the first one was just ok.
Didn't play the second.
Not really interested in this one.

Hopefully it's better than Rise of the Tomb Raider. I'm going to be real cautious with future TR purchases after that one

I'm looking forward to playing all 3 games in a row, in the near future.

I liked the reboot more than the last one. The reboot was so action packed, the last one had too much exploration imo and not enough action set pieces. I havn't played since getting to the village in Rise.

Last edited:
Back