Shadow of War - Officially Removes Microtransactions

Bought it yesterday for $20 including DLC. It's pretty fun. I had absolutely no idea what was going on for like the first hour or so as the UI is kind of dense and they throw a lot of shit at you at first, but I've got about 3 hours in and feeling comfortable everything now. It's a lot of fun.

This game got a shit load of hate over something that was never an issue with it.

I particularly hate the asshole hate that got a fucking micro transaction making money for a dead developers family removed.

You know who you are and some of you have posted here.

I particularly hate the asshole hate that got a fucking micro transaction making money for a dead developers family removed.

Um what?

WB Games was trying to make money off the developer's death.

The very small print of the DLC trailer said a portion of the proceeds would go to his family, like 44 of 50 states due to laws. The other states, Washington D.C., and the entirety of international proceeds were not addressed.

It wasn't just one guy figured this out and everyone may have jumped to conclusions, but after WB announced lootboxes/microtransactions all trust was lost.

The developer's family was eventually compensated what the DLC proceeds were expected to raise.

Just started playing and I have no clue what the hell I'm doing, just running around trying to kill some of the captains to get a few gear drops. On more than a few occasions I'll be fighinting one captain and then another just show up and I get smashed. I haven't decided if I really like it yet, it feels a little manic.

Where are the games where to get better weapons/armor or whatever you had to showcase skill not size of your wallet. I would rather have some interesting and difficult quest chain rather than buying stuff.

Set to release on August 28 for $60, the Definitive Edition of the game comes packed with all the content from the Expansion season pass, including the addition of the Nemesis packs and the story chapters. The full list is below: - Middle-earth: Shadow of War Main Game - Slaughter Tribe Nemesis Expansion - Outlaw Tribe Nemesis Expansion - Blade of Galadriel Story Expansion - Desolation of Mordor Story Expansion Build your army to conquer the region of Nurn in a massive fortress assault. Take down the overlord and replace him with your own ally! Your new overlord will follow you into the full version of the game once you purchase.

I predicted the 'complete' version of the game would be released by the end of the year, but I didn't expect this soon.

So, I would be very surprised if its not $20 for Steam's Winter Sale.

Really enjoying this game now that I've unlocked some decent skills and equipment. Having a lot of fun just running around taking out captains and gathering collectables. I really need to start progressing the main story now.

Been eyeballing the Perfect Counter Execution skill, and finally unlocked it hitting level 15. Makes a HUGE difference clearing large groups of enemies. You can almost just stand there waiting for incoming attacks and wipe out a huge force.

Game is a lot of fun, just unlocked being able to dominate Orcs

Nearly done with FFXV so gonna play this afterwards.

Just bought the expansion pass on the ps4 sale as well, i would have waited for the ultimate edition or whatever but i already have the game on disc.

Man this game is a blast to play, just like the first one, so addictive just clearing the maps of captains and collectables.

Gold Edition is on sale at Best Buy for $20. Picked it up today. I had a blast with the first one, really looking forward to getting into this.

Loving the game, but the way the game prioritizes targets for might moves makes me want to throw my contrller out the window sometimes. There will be a huge group of enemies and I go to use an Execution on a fresh enemy or a captain, but execute some weak ass enemy that was close to death already. Or I'll be in the mix with a ton of enemies and will attempt to use the dominate + wrath chain so I can quickly dominate 3 enemies. I'll activate the might skill and it will single out the one 1 ogre in the group that will swat me away and essentially waste the might meter. This one happend so much that I switch out the wraith chain ability to the one that allows me to dominate an ogre.

Back