Shadow Warrior 2

AHAHAHA WTF?

it got an 8.6 because lack of enemys?

8.6 is a great score, he said he wanted more diversity in the enemies. Why is that so ridiculous?

Quit playing SW1 for about a week and when I went back to it the freezing and glitching was gone, hope it stays that way
I'm on chapter 12 or 13 and the game s still fun as hell
Cant wait for part 2 to hit the Bone next year

PSA: make sure you're drivers are up to date. I'm playing on i5 3570k and GTX 970 and this game ran like shit out of the gate. I'm still experiencing performance issues in certain areas but the difference was night and day.

Quit playing SW1 for about a week and when I went back to it the freezing and glitching was gone, hope it stays that way
I'm on chapter 12 or 13 and the game s still fun as hell
Cant wait for part 2 to hit the Bone next year
And of course as soon as I post this the game starts to get all glitchy again
You're really starting to piss me off Wang

30$ instead of 60$ for a brand new game that is is for sure going to kick ass!?? Yup, take my money. Shadow Warrior 2013 was one of the best games I've played in a long time

And of course as soon as I post this the game starts to get all glitchy again
You're really starting to piss me off Wang

its is really buggy, but its just so damn fun. I've been relgiously playing with Gref.

We just can't get enough wang

Surpised its not getting a bit more hype but I picked this up on release on steam for $40 and beat the campaign already, my thoughts:

- they changed up the PC control scheme a bit, its more streamlined and accessible, a change for the better imo, melee feels more fluid now.

- it has some of the best FPS combat of all time, no joke. Theres a ridiculous amount of guns, over 70 weapons in fact and tons of mods. The guns feel way better in this game than SW1 and the melee is integrated seamlessly and very well done as usual. This game will make you feel like a total badass theres tons of moves, skills, movement mechanics that are all easily accessible. You never really feel restricted in combat, you can go anywhere on the map and dash around enemies effortlessly. The combat is even more balls to the wall than Doom by a good margin, although Doom is overall a much more polished game.

Enemies are a bit spongey but theres a million ways to upgrade your weapons to increase damage, fire rate, dual wield, etc. Theres also elemental buffs you can put on your weapons like fire, ice, etc. The upgrade system is very deep and comewhat convoluted and confusing, upgrading your character is much simpler and theres quite a few areas you can upgrade your character on.

- They've totally changed the format of the game, its no longer a linear single player game, instead its comparable to borderlands with semi procedural levels, free roam and loot. Theres still a single player story thats decent but the story was better in the first game imo. Theres a main hub and a few large open world type areas where missions, side missions take place and you can free roam those levels as well. Levels/loot and enemies are somewhat procedurally generated, so it feels a bit different every time.

- its a great game on the first play through, but theres hardly any endgame content and coop is too buggy to play right now. You can bring your loot and guns to a new game once you clear it, I cleared it on the second highest difficulty and brought my loot to insane mode and its way too easy, this games weapons are not balanced in the slightest, theres one weapon you can get that pretty much trivializes the game since its so powerful. These are the biggest issues with the game right now along with co-op being so buggy.

Should you get it:

If you like fast paced, old school FPS combat you should get it since its only $40. This game really does take it to another level like I've never seen before in terms of combat, it lacks a bit of polish and end game content but its still worth a playthrough. I'll be following this game and the patching and DLCs, I don't do that for every game so that tells you something.

What I feel about this game is it has immense potential that was not fully realized, its a bit too short and easy, the story was meh, theres lack of endgame content and buggy MP. The combat/gameplay makes this game at the moment, there's tons of variety here, maybe the most ever in an FPS and somehow it just all works, the melee, the weapons, the movement, etc.

this game is fun

But the loot system and drop system needs a serious overhaul. Half the stuff you get is useless and i can kind see the point about the enemys some of the stuff
that you fightis a bit annoying

The game is good but all it's really doing is making me want to play Borderlands 3.

Picked up a combo pack of this game and the first one on ps+ a couple of days ago. 39.99 for both. I'm on chapter 5 of the first game. Fun and funny.

Did this get dropped for a console release?

I picked up part one over the weekend as a freebie off XBL, and I love it. If this comes to Xbone I'll be picking it up for sure.

Anyone know anything about the Console version?

Bought part 2 when it released on PS4 and didnt really like it so I put it down and havent played it again since
Reading through this I see its more of an open world game and maybe thats why I didnt like it, I thought it was a linear game and couldnt figure out what the hell I was supposed to be doing
Need a game to play until Far Cry 5 comes out so maybe I'll give this another try

I loved part 1(aside from the glitching) so I really hope I can get into this

So it was released on PS4 then? Hm. I don't see anything online about it on either console.

I think it was the first fps with duel wielding too.

Shadow_Warrior_screenshot.jpg

That title belongs to Rise of the Triads, and it came out almost five years ahead of Shadow Warrior.

EDIT:

pc-50199-41362935798.jpg

Last edited:
That title belongs to Rise of the Triads, and it came out almost five years ahead of Shadow Warrior.

EDIT:

pc-50199-41362935798.jpg

Five years is double the actual time that passed between ROTR and Shadow Warrior. ROTR came out in December 1994 while Shadow Warrior came out in May 1997. So only a 2.5 year gap.

I remember playing them when they came out when I was in grades 5 and 7, respectively.

Five years is double the actual time that passed between ROTR and Shadow Warrior. ROTR came out in December 1994 while Shadow Warrior came out in May 1997. So only a 2.5 year gap.

I remember playing them when they came out when I was in grades 5 and 7, respectively.

I could have sworn ROTR came out in 1992, turns out the engine came out in 1992, not the game. Cheers!

Back