Shakur announces his retirement…

Man, the LW division this gen has been so dramatic it's nauseating.
Seems like most combat sports are full of drama now and I can't stand it (IMO it's social media and terrible journalism causing this). I think that's why I watch so much of the Japanese Kickboxing and "traditional" Muay Thai scenes. Everyone is actually respectful and still puts it all out there on fight night. I couldn't give two shits about what one athlete thinks about another.

good riddance hope his boring ass stays retired

so what do you guys think? he'll have a fight in the summer or maybe the autumn?

What's the "weak AF stuff" he's complaining about?
Is he not getting fights he wants or the money he wants? And his last fight is a hard sell to make huge demands; was a boring sparring match.

"Me thinks my lady doth protest too much"

Sorry Shakur that nobody wanted to make themselves a stepping stone for a guy who’ll safety box to a point decision with a zero risk jab for 12 rounds, here’s a hint Floyd looked good doing it and people hated him, and your last stinker you lost on a judges score card and your opponent landed 40 punches. Why do think anyone wants to do business with someone like that when you aren’t willing to do business (as in actually fucking fight to your potential in a fan friendly way like is actually your job) with them?

Stay retired.

Damn! I thought this was gonna be about Tupac. But how can one retire if they dead. Carry on. I'll see myself out.

Sorry Shakur that nobody wanted to make themselves a stepping stone for a guy who’ll safety box to a point decision with a zero risk jab for 12 rounds, here’s a hint Floyd looked good doing it and people hated him, and your last stinker you lost on a judges score card and your opponent landed 40 punches. Why do think anyone wants to do business with someone like that when you aren’t willing to do business (as in actually fucking fight to your potential in a fan friendly way like is actually your job) with them?

Stay retired.
I hate that every boring fighter comparison in the lower weights is always floyd… Pretty Boy was exciting. Money was older, with broken knuckle, and a full time promoter.

I hate that every boring fighter comparison in the lower weights is always floyd… Pretty Boy was exciting. Money was older, with broken knuckle, and a full time promoter.
That’s the point. Floyd was more a “heel” than a “boring fighter”, real fans know he wasn’t boring, it just got boring for haters being put in their place over and over.

Guys like Shakur praise the almighty 0 and you can thank the almost “anti-popularity” of Floyd and his 0 for turning modern boxing mantra into “win today, look good next time” anytime a fighter has to put themselves and their record in real danger.

If fighters knew what was good for them they’d do business in the Ring and give the fans what they wanted. Plenty of special fighters today, but Floyd was SPECIAL special, and flubbing a Philly crab or whatever they call it isn’t the only way these younger guys find a way to imitate TBE poorly.

I basically always rooted against Floyd but he boxed people up and he did it well. There is no De Los Santos fight on his record.

I basically always rooted against Floyd but he boxed people up and he did it well. There is no De Los Santos fight on his record.
the frustrating thing about shakur is that you can clearly see in his fights he has several more gears to go through. it isn't that he's unable to put these fools away in spectacular fashion.

when floyd was coming up and fighting nobodies, he was knocking them the fuck out. in his later years, when he was fighting champions, he was making them look like fools.

shakur is fighting nobodies and putting even hardcore boxing fans to fucking sleep with his boring ass non performances. and it's not for lack of ability or talent, it's because he chooses to. this retirement is clearly the attention grabbing move of a diva, but i actually hope he fucking stays retired.

The more I see about Shakur, the more the cracks begin to show. From his street-thuggery, to his non-performances, excuses, victimology... I really can't imagine his mentors, Terence Crawford or Andre Ward, succumbing to these vices. He actually has more Zab Judah in him than Floyd Mayweather, and it might actually show in the ring once he steps in with the elite.

the frustrating thing about shakur is that you can clearly see in his fights he has several more gears to go through. it isn't that he's unable to put these fools away in spectacular fashion.

when floyd was coming up and fighting nobodies, he was knocking them the fuck out. in his later years, when he was fighting champions, he was making them look like fools.

shakur is fighting nobodies and putting even hardcore boxing fans to fucking sleep with his boring ass non performances. and it's not for lack of ability or talent, it's because he chooses to. this retirement is clearly the attention grabbing move of a diva, but i actually hope he fucking stays retired.

He grew up watching Floyd and he got it wrong, just like Tank, even Haney to some extent. They mimic part of the attitude but miss what went with said attitude : proving onself in the ring by beating quality opponents in dominant fashion.

Back