shamrock vs kimbo fight

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
i remember watching live all sudden u see ken on camera saying he got injured warming up backstage by some freak accident then frank dissing his brother as the commentator do you think it was legit or something shady went down? i find that a bit hard to believe as someone whos warmed up for fights u never do anything crazy light warming up and practicing game plan ect

I believe he wanted out of the fight. Didn't he get his show money anyways? Always heard he was kind of a snake like that. Kimbo lost to the worst punch ever thrown. RIP Kimbo always thought he came across as an alright dude.

At least the fantastic second "fight" where Ken and Kimbo finally clashed made up for this!

i remember watching live all sudden u see ken on camera saying he got injured warming up backstage by some freak accident then frank dissing his brother as the commentator do you think it was legit or something shady went down? i find that a bit hard to believe as someone whos warmed up for fights u never do anything crazy light warming up and practicing game plan ect

Frank later said in interviews that he was 100% ready to step in for Ken and fight Kimbo on the spot, but something happened, maybe a technicality with the athletic commission, and he was not allowed to take Ken's place

I believe he wanted out of the fight. Didn't he get his show money anyways? Always heard he was kind of a snake like that. Kimbo lost to the worst punch ever thrown. RIP Kimbo always thought he came across as an alright dude.
Kimbo seemed geninue. Rip

Kimbo was a good dude but obviously never a great MMA fighter. He got hit with a weird punch and went down, I've seen him take harder punches though sometimes that shit just happens. For all Kimbo's flaws he did beat Houston Alexander when he wasn't that far from relevance, the fight was shit but that suplex he had on him was dope. I loved the Kimbo/Dada fight too those dudes gave it their all even if it was clear they had no business still fighting in round 3. RIP Kimbo.

Shamrocks last 10 years of fights have been shady

I believe Ken makes excuses for everything and just legitimately lost the fight. I never believed it was a work. Ken has declined so much and Kimbo was never the greatest (no disrespect), so it's no surprise to me it played out the way it did and might have looked like a work compared to some high level matchups we often watch.

I believe Ken makes excuses for everything and just legitimately lost the fight. I never believed it was a work. Ken has declined so much and Kimbo was never the greatest (no disrespect), so it's no surprise to me it played out the way it did and might have looked like a work compared to some high level matchups we often watch.
I've thought the same thing as well. Being old as hell and having year's of injuries. Took their toll on Ken which explains why he was so exhausted after the RNC attempt. You can see how he's dead tired trying to get up.

Ken was a 50 year old man who'd get rocked from a strong fart, don't know how people think it's a work...Ken just absolutely sucked at that point, absolutely no chin, no technique or power in his strikes, slow take downs....grandpa Royce beat him for fuck sake. Kimbo was no world beater but the dude was larger than Ken and could still throw a decent punch in the first few minutes.

Ken was a 50 year old man who'd get rocked from a strong fart, don't know how people think it's a work...Ken just absolutely sucked at that point, absolutely no chin, no technique or power in his strikes, slow take downs....grandpa Royce beat him for fuck sake. Kimbo was no world beater but the dude was larger than Ken and could still throw a decent punch in the first few minutes.
Ken had him on ground. I know hes old but ken is a cacc master. Just a shame.

I asked ken about it. And his reply made sense. Us fans looking at it from bar or sofa don't know whats going on .
Disappointed ken didnt rip his neck off. Was weird

I've thought the same thing as well. Being old as hell and having year's of injuries. Took their toll on Ken which explains why he was so exhausted after the RNC attempt. You can see how he's dead tired trying to get up.
it showed he hadn't grappled in years

Excuses?

Ken has a say in most. Hes been unfortunate

Back