Movies SHANG-CHI (Crosses $400 Million Worldwide, Becomes Highest U.S. Grossing Movie of Pandemic Era)

If you have seen SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters

Dragonlordxxxxx

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Update: April 19, 2021

First Teaser Trailer for Marvel Studios' SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS

Update: December 3, 2018

SHANG-CHI Live-Action Movie in the Works from Marvel Studios with Wonder Woman 1984 Writer

3l1CZAH.jpg

Marvel Studios is developing a new feature that will center on hero Shang-Chi in a project that would act as the superhero studio's first stand-alone movie with an Asian lead. Dave Callaham will pen the screenplay, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed. A director is not yet attached.

Shang-Chi — or, as Marvel refers to him, the Master of Kung Fu — debuted in 1973’s Special Marvel Edition No. 15, created by Steve Englehart and Thanos creator Jim Starlin after an attempt to acquire the comic book rights to the television series Kung Fu fell through. The son of infamous pulp villain Fu Manchu, Shang-Chi was trained as a martial artist assassin by his father, only to rebel against him and become a superhero instead. The character was a massive success through the 1970s, and was recently revived as a member of the Avengers during 2012’s Marvel Now! Publishing event.

Callaham is no stranger to the superhero genre, having helped to pen Warner Bros. and DC's upcoming Wonder Woman sequel, Wonder Woman 1984. His credits also include The Expendables franchise and Sony's upcoming Zombieland 2. He is repped by UTA and Kaplan Perrone.

The Shang-Chi news comes as Hollywood is embracing projects with Asian leads following the success of Warner Bros.' Crazy Rich Asians, which pulled in more than $236 million at the global box office. Warners’ film arm New Line has picked up China-set romantic comedy Singles Day, based on a spec by Lillian Yu. Last week it was announced that Crazy Rich star Awkwafina created and will star in a Comedy Central series based on her own life.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...g-shang-chi-movie-as-first-asian-lead-1165752

It's too bad Netflix bastardized Iron Fist, it would have been a better movie adaptation than Shang-Chi.

IYqHCTh.jpg

No Asian lead though and that’s clearly something they are interested in.

I see Tom Cruise or Matt Damon as a natural for the lead for this.

Marvel should buy up all the rights to Valiant characters and throw Dr. Mirage into the MCU.

My personal favorite for Asian super hero characters. Match him up with a hot young black actress to play his wife...

<Baelish01>

Never heard of this character. I guess that could be a good thing though.

They've got ample guys with the martial arts chops but I wonder if they go with an unknown...

raw.gif

I mean....

....I'mma watch it though. Look what they did with Guardians of the Galaxy, no one gave a shit about that team before the movie.

What is difference between Shang Chi and Iron Fist? Plus I bet they will cast a transgender Black Female in the role of Shang Chi.

Honestly chinese style wonton noodle soups are superior to pho and ramen.
Nah, maybe beef noodle soup but Chinese broth has no flavor, it’s basically water. I like miso ramen and Pho with rare steak

It's too bad Netflix bastardized Iron Fist, it would have been a better movie adaptation than Shang-Chi.

IYqHCTh.jpg
Agreed. And Shang-Chi would have made for a better Neflix show. That being said, if they could pull off an MCU Crouching Tiger Hidden Draghnnngggg

This isn’t even B level.

Marvel went straight to the D level hero’s

Back