Movies SHANG-CHI (Crosses $400 Million Worldwide, Becomes Highest U.S. Grossing Movie of Pandemic Era)

If you have seen SHANG-CHI AND THE LEGEND OF THE TEN RINGS, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Awesome. Just what Asians need. Another "Bruce Lee" character so that others can make fun of them by screaming "Wataah!" all the time.

Here comes Hernia-Man!

View attachment 482739

Even better, match him up with a hot young white actress, sit back and wait for the backlash.

Something tells me you've either never been to China or has only been to one province in China.

That's what I thought when they announced the Guardians of the Galaxy movie. I'm like who the fuck are those?

And then I saw the reviews and watched the movie and now I'm a fan.
Yeah I’m sure you are a fan

Yeah I’m sure you are a fan

giphy.gif

This is awesome. Shang Chi is a really cool street level hero.

Why are people crying about This.

He also played an important role in Hickmans Avengers run.

His fight with Gorgon was pretty cool.

His fight with Gorgon was pretty cool.

He acted as a defense mechanism for the planet and he used his body to create thousands of copies of himself to fight off the planets enemies.

I’m actually pumped for this movie. I wish they would just make a new iron fist and he can star in it as well.

MCU wants an Asian hero but Marvel never had a decent one to use. The comics never had a great black hero (other than maybe Storm) but Disney was still able to create a smash hit with Black Panther. The only decent Asian Marvel character I can think of is Sunfire from the X-men. And Psylocke, but she started off as a British woman.

<Dylan>

Black Panther was always a major player in the comics. He's fought with and against the Avengers. He has strong links to both the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom.

If evans is still alive after A4, then maybe we could see evans appearing in a shang chi movie.

latest

d9fc1c12b4ddc73416e6f596e6e0a101.jpg

<Dylan>

Black Panther was always a major player in the comics. He's fought with and against the Avengers. He has strong links to both the Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom.
The Black Panther comics were never sucessful as far as sales go. Granted I stopped collecting comics in the 90's so my knowledge might be out of date, but BP was a fringe series then. This was a time when the various X-men and Spiderman comics were Marvel's best sellers and they were getting destroyed by Superman, Batman and the various upstarts from Image Comics. To give you an idea of what it was like at the time:
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1993.html

You can begin to understand why Marvel was on the brink of bankruptcy until they were saved by movie licensing. This is why I find it impressive Disney was able to create smash hits out of Avengers, GotG, and all the other leftover properties they licensed. These comics never sold well- hence why they were available for Disney to buy.

And why Fox squandered their Xmen rights by misusing the most important Marvel franchise of all.

The Black Panther comics were never sucessful as far as sales go. Granted I stopped collecting comics in the 90's so my knowledge might be out of date, but BP was a fringe series then. This was a time when the various X-men and Spiderman comics were Marvel's best sellers and they were getting destroyed by Superman, Batman and the various upstarts from Image Comics. To give you an idea of what it was like at the time:
http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1993.html

And why Fox squandered their Xmen rights by misusing the most important Marvel franchise of all.
I remember those time in the mid 80s to very early 90s collecting comic books. I pretty much stopped around 88 and seldomly go to the comic store after that maybe once or twice every 3 months. It also didn't help that the comic books jumped from 50 cents to $2.50 in a span from 85 to 92. The graphic novels were even much more expensive.

Bring in Jackie Chan's team, and I'm in.

Also, he might have been big in the 70s, but I don't remember thus character 88-93 when a had a few large stacks of comics.

Shang-Chi has very little appeal in the comics, despite I believe being so-called the best hand fighter of all comics (like, how does one gauge such a mantle?). The great thing about comics is that they can get pretty gonzo and/or political without too much oversight (and backlash) but they're not great for car chases and fist fights. Shang-Chi can win onscreen far greater than he could in-panel. It'll seem like pandering now, because everyone's so quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater, but I can't hate the MCU for trying to do what the comics did. That is: showcase more diversity.

What is difference between Shang Chi and Iron Fist?

Well, one is Asian. He doesn't wear a mask when doing martial arts. He didn't have much focus in the Hickman Avengers but issue #6 was the one where he was at the forefront the most for anyone who wants to read about bit about him.
https://www.comixology.com/Avengers...za3RvcC9ncmlkTGlzdC9jb21peG9sb2d5VW5saW1pdGVk

....I'mma watch it though. Look what they did with Guardians of the Galaxy, no one gave a shit about that team before the movie.

They were big players for years during the Abnett & Lanning cosmic saga from Annihiltion Conquest 2007 till Realm of Kings 2010. Even if during that time Nova was THE GUY and he got no movie.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back