Shani Davis, what a s--- head.

He was an alternate for the team pursuit in Turin but refused to do it. He ultimately wasn’t eligible because alternates can only go due to injury, but no one knew that. After winning his golds he basically declined doing the team pursuit. He was being slammed for being a bad teammate and un-American.
Flag bearer material for sure.

He comes off like a real bitch here. I would think you would want the Olympics to be a great memory both for your personal events as well as the chance to pull for and meet fellow athletes. Instead he’s actung like a kid who didn’t get his toy and by going to opening ceremony his legacy is now tarnished for being immature

They should not have tossed that coin. That was the wrong thing to do.

Do you think he would have said anything if the toss went his way?
Probably not. But that’s beside the point. Isn’t there like a CEO or president who can break ties? This is the classic cowards way out of a selection that’s supposed to be merit-based.

Probably not. But that’s beside the point. Isn’t there like a CEO or president who can break ties? This is the classic cowards way out of a selection that’s supposed to be merit-based.
Two candidates, selected on merit, garnered the same number of votes. A neutral disk of metal broke the tie. Far more equitable than a CEO making an arbitrary decision.

Because I think the best qualified person should earn the honor?

The article I read said 8 reps from each of the sports- skiing, bobsled, speed skating, figure skating etc - voted. It's hard to say that athletes picking your "captain" isn't merit based.

That says your fellow Olympians/teammates respect you and it's done the same way on a lot of the teams I've been part of.

I don't think voicing his displeasure of the outcome is throwing a tantrum. I also don't think they should have organized a vote like this if a tie was possible.

It's ok to be emotional about something that means something to you.

My guess is the 8 categories of sports that they picked kept from getting more than 1 voter that would typically interact in the same sport - ie skiing / jumping.

tenor.gif

The tweet wasn't a good idea. This guy is just a prick.

It's always something. Here he recaps an incident on plane on the way to olympics. Davis had sat in wrong seat

"I felt he was being rude by the way he blurted to me I was wrong, and I responded to him something like, "Don't be mean about it!!'' Davis wrote. "People make mistakes, so of course he was laughing and I told him not to smile at me!! I couldn't believe this situation I was in lol, but maybe this is that fire my skating has been missing?! If so the skate world better watch out.

He is a Me me me me type of person apparently.

Davis was part of an Olympic controversy in 2006, when he became the first black athlete to win an individual gold medal at a Winter Games. He decided not to take part in the team pursuit event, which raised the ire of teammate Chad Hedrick.

Just a dick

Even if he did. The article you used to support this thread, didn't.

The fact that they ran that story without providing any evidence what-so-ever is a absolute disgrace.

The fact is though, that you have now made this statement on multiple occassions, and you have zero evidence of this.

You should really stop repeating this, if you have no evidence.

Even if he did. The article you used to support this thread, didn't.

The fact that they ran that story without providing any evidence what-so-ever is a absolute disgrace.

The fact is though, that you have now made this statement on multiple occassions, and you have zero evidence of this.

You should really stop repeating this, if you have no evidence.

No I stand by what I said and him closing of his Twitter is an indication of this.

If you can prove me wrong then I will take it back.

No I stand by what I said and him closing of his Twitter is an indication of this.

If you can prove me wrong then I will take it back.

No, that isnt how this works.

You made a claim. Prove it, STFU, or get called a liar.

Shani Davis

#pussy
#thoughthewasachick
#whogivesafuck

And you doing that would bother me how?

Because I would be right.

Look man, I'm not trying to bust you up over this. As has already been pointed out, it isnt unbelievable what you are suggesting.

This isn't your failure, it is this news publications failure.

However by standing by this news organization, you can certainly shine with the glow of their failure as well.

Because I would be right.

Look man, I'm not trying to bust you up over this. As has already been pointed out, it isnt unbelievable what you are suggesting.

This isn't your failure, it is this news publications failure.

However by standing by this news organization, you can certainly shine with the glow of their failure as well.

I believe he was trying to play the race card on the vote.

I don't think he is going to admit it now and make excuses but we can skip that part because even if we discount that. He was stil a sh.. head for the rest of the things he did.

Like I said he has the right to say and do what he did, but I can stil hope he falls and wins nothing for being a sh.. head.

I believe he was trying to play the race card on the vote.

I don't think he is going to admit it now and make excuses but we can skip that part because even if we discount that. He was stil a sh.. head for the rest of the things he did.

Like I said he has the right to say and do what he did, but I can stil hope he falls and wins nothing for being a sh.. head.

Absolutely man. 100% fine with this statement.

Their is a reason I started putting "I think" in just about every statement I make on here.

Back