Sharing a man moment with your dad

1stRoundMMA

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'll keep this short and a little vague, but I moved away from home after highschool across the country at 17 (chasing tail, never make this mistake). For the last 8 years I have been back once or twice a year to visit my family but mostly my father, my best friend. I also bought tickets when I went back to visit 2 years ago to see a concert and ended up inviting my dad who hadn't been to one in over 20 years. He went to the local dispensary and picked up some weed (my old man was just starting to smoke weed again after about 12 years of not smoking it) for the concert. When we rolled up to the concert he opened the glove box of his truck and pulled out a bag of 4 50mg edibles and 2 joints, and says "Hopefully this will be enough" .

I burst out laughing being a more experienced smoker then him and told him just to bring 2 edibles inside since we weren't trying to die. Keep in mind that this is my first time smoking with my dad and I never even had a beer with him since he doesn't drink since about 12 years ago. We ate one edible each and got pretty twisted because that shit is potent these days. Once it hit him he looked over at me, and says "Good thing we didn't try and eat/smoke all of that". lmao, shit was classic. Amazing night seeing my fav band and getting stoned with my old man for the first time. Something I willl never forget.

Whats your dad/man moment sherdog?

3550918390_5585b37acb_o.gif

There was this hilarious time when my dad abandoned me in a strange city. Thankfully, the police took care of me after I was mugged at gun point.

#Good Times

Sharing a man with your dad.

Seeing my dad backtalk a cop and the cop beating the hell out of him with his flashlight. Those D cell battery flashlights. We laugh about it now cause it’s just so amusing.

nothing seems more pathetic to me than smoking pot with your dad.

that said, my dad is a prick and i wont even take the time to piss on his grave when he dies. but i will probably die before that fucker does. i am not bitter

First time smoking a bowl with the old man wasn't weird or man-momenty, for some reason, but I thought it was going to be. I think it was because we were always out climbing and getting ourselves into (and out of) shit, so we had an equal relationship as far as having "man moments" before I was a man.

Lol for that dude acting tough for smacking a guy that doesnt fight back
Lol, that's Antonio Inoki.

He might be the toughest sum bitch that has ever existed.

nothing seems more pathetic to me than smoking pot with your dad.

that said, my dad is a prick and i wont even take the time to piss on his grave when he dies. but i will probably die before that fucker does. i am not bitter

After reading your 2nd paragraph I think its fairly safe.....wise even for a person to completely disregard any feelings you have on the matter.

my dad is not a very talkative person to begin with... hes very old now and uses a walker, he always asks me.... how is work? and after I have answered "work is good dad" a thousand times thats the furthest any conversation has gone between us. He was a provider all his life, we werent rich but we were never poor either... I went to private schools and financially we were always fine. I guess thats why he always asks about work.

As far as "moments" no I dont have any.... I remember when I was a very very small kid he took me to the movies to see Lady and the Tramp.... I think it was my first time at the movies and I remember that movie remained as my favorite for many many years... probably that would be THE moment that I will remember the most that we shared together.... let that be a lesson for some of you motherfuckers who have kids....take your kids to the movies! lol

After reading your 2nd paragraph I think its fairly safe.....wise even for a person to completely disregard any feelings you have on the matter.
its pretty easy to separate the two. my dad is a deadbeat dad. but if he werent, i think it would be pretty pathetic to sit around smoking pot with him (unpopular opinion on sherdog i know)

its pretty easy to separate the two. my dad is a deadbeat dad. but if he werent, i think it would be pretty pathetic to sit around smoking pot with him (unpopular opinion on sherdog i know)

But .... they went to a concert. It sounds like a pretty awesome night for the two of them. People tend to bond over things others find completely insignificant .... or pathetic (but why use that word?)

But .... they went to a concert. It sounds like a pretty awesome night for the two of them. People tend to bond over things others find completely insignificant .... or pathetic (but why use that word?)
"Hey dude! I mean Dad! Go get some pot brownies dude and we can get totally wasted before seeing the Foo Fighters!"

My dad is close to retirement and gathering new hobbies. One of those includes thrift shopping. He regularly brings me home and martial arts related t shirts now for me to train in. For Christmas he found me an Anderson Silva "Muay Thai college" shirt, practically brand new. Always wanted that one.

My dad had a rough childhood so he isn't the best at verbalizing his love, but little things like that let me know how much he cares for me.

Nice story TS, thanks for sharing.

Why is it anymore pathetic than drinking a beer with him?

And I doubt you can truly separate the two , you have absolutely no basis for knowing what's its like to have a friendship with your father. I see nothing " pathetic" about 2 adults smoking a bowl together socially.

My dad died a couple years back
But a cool man moment we had

Wayyyy back at UFC 100 he had never watched MMA before
And my job was in the shitter so I couldn't afford the channel that carried it
Might of been Setanta
Anyway, he bought it and suggested we stayed up to watch it live
He's super into it, as a long time boxing fan
And Belcher and Akiyama delivered,
Then Bisping got knocked stiff
Then...
Gsp happened..
I told him beforehand gsp is an acquired taste to watch
Yeah, my dad made it to round 2, and he's flat out snoring
He woke up during the Lesnar Mir walkouts and tried to play it cool so I didn't mention anything..
Safe to say it was the last UFC we watched together
Thanks GSP

I'll just tell a story about my buddie's dad, who is pretty much the funniest man I have ever met. Whenever we go camping together he brings his tomato plants with him in the camper. We have many good times talking to these plants and making sure they are well taken care of.

Also, dad likes to pick bottles from the trash, ditches etc., while telling the most hilarious stories. He doesn't need the money, he gives zero fucks what people might think. I think it's a generational (waste not, want not) mindset.

Best dad I have ever met. Makes me smile just writing this.

Back