Sharing a man moment with your dad

Why is it anymore pathetic than drinking a beer with him?

And I doubt you can truly separate the two , you have absolutely no basis for knowing what's its like to have a friendship with your father. I see nothing " pathetic" about 2 adults smoking a bowl together socially.
well, it is different than drinking a beer with him. not different than going out and getting hammered with him though.

anti pot is not my cause. i dont really care about it. i just think recreational smokers who make it a regular part of their lives are pretty sad. and doing it with your dad is extra sad. but like i said, i dont really want to debate it. its not like i care about it like i would with guys being able to use womens restrooms.

The most embarrassing point was when I went through puberty and didn't know why my dick was getting hard, so I ask him about it one day and said "I don't know why, but when I get nervous it becomes very hard".

Now I look back, that was pretty fucked up.

Last edited:
well, it is different than drinking a beer with him. not different than going out and getting hammered with him though.

anti pot is not my cause. i dont really care about it. i just think recreational smokers who make it a regular part of their lives are pretty sad. and doing it with your dad is extra sad. but like i said, i dont really want to debate it. its not like i care about it like i would with guys being able to use womens restrooms.

Well , that's your opinion.....kind of capricious and arbitrary but whatever , you're certainly entitled to feel that way

nothing seems more pathetic to me than smoking pot with your dad.

that said, my dad is a prick and i wont even take the time to piss on his grave when he dies. but i will probably die before that fucker does. i am not bitter

You sound like you're a real fucking blast at parties

I'll keep this short and a little vague, but I moved away from home after highschool across the country at 17 (chasing tail, never make this mistake). For the last 8 years I have been back once or twice a year to visit my family but mostly my father, my best friend. I also bought tickets when I went back to visit 2 years ago to see a concert and ended up inviting my dad who hadn't been to one in over 20 years. He went to the local dispensary and picked up some weed (my old man was just starting to smoke weed again after about 12 years of not smoking it) for the concert. When we rolled up to the concert he opened the glove box of his truck and pulled out a bag of 4 50mg edibles and 2 joints, and says "Hopefully this will be enough" .

I burst out laughing being a more experienced smoker then him and told him just to bring 2 edibles inside since we weren't trying to die. Keep in mind that this is my first time smoking with my dad and I never even had a beer with him since he doesn't drink since about 12 years ago. We ate one edible each and got pretty twisted because that shit is potent these days. Once it hit him he looked over at me, and says "Good thing we didn't try and eat/smoke all of that". lmao, shit was classic. Amazing night seeing my fav band and getting stoned with my old man for the first time. Something I willl never forget.

Whats your dad/man moment sherdog?
hahah I'm high with my dad right now and my best friend. this was heart warming. bless you bro

why? because i dont feel the need to get stoned? i guess so. but if you really want to be boss at parties, make sure you shoot up.
noone needs to get stoned. but i dont think its very nice to put down those that smoke a little.

3550918390_5585b37acb_o.gif

Can someone explain this please.

Lol for that dude acting tough for smacking a guy that doesnt fight back

That is guy is Antonio Inoki and the guy he's slapping is a heavyweight Lyoto Machida (who was being trained by Inoki at that time) fresh off his promotional debut against Kengo Watanabe. It was also considered a great honor to be thusly slapped by him. So....

200.gif

Also, here's Inoki slapping the shit of literally his entire company, chicks and all. Pretty sure the black woman he pimp slaps likes it:

Last edited:
Back in the 50s when real men went out to bars. My pops and I go in into this local ice house down the road (this was in Texas) as soon as we go in we both look at each other. We can tell theres gonna be trouble. We sit at the bar and this 3 big fat trailer drivers come up talking mess and giving us the eye.

I give the nod to my Pops and he nods back.
Few seconds later we break the bottle over their head and star throwing fists no flips.
We must have cleaned out the bar because when we left there was blood every where and guys all over the floor. We grab the bottle of whiskey by the bar and jet out.
Nothing like kicking ass and raising hell with your Pops.....

why? because i dont feel the need to get stoned? i guess so. but if you really want to be boss at parties, make sure you shoot up.

Yes, that's exactly it. You like weed! Why not heroin?! Completely the same thing........

But...I'm in.

I moved to NH to work for my dad 10 years ago, we ran a nightclub for 8 years, but it closed down end of 2015. Anyway, on multiple occasions we tossed motherfuckers out, broke up fights, and genrally locked shit the fuck down. my best man moment was when some dirtbag my old man kicked out started charging him froma cross the parking lot, he was drunk and sthreatning to go get his guna nd shoot my dad....anyway, as soon as he got within 10 feet i popped out from behind my dad, he didnt know i was standing there, had his back and whatnot, and speared that drunk fuck from here to next week. perfect form i fucking leveled that piece fo shit, and held him down until the cops showed up. my dad may have never been prouder of me, and probably wont be that proud ever again. the day befoprte he fucked his back up moving furniture, i saved his ass that night, and the legend grew for years, when peoepl tell the story now the guy i speared was 6'4" 350 and was a former nave seal. in realityu he was a drunk redneck, probablay 150 soaking wet holding a brick, but he had thast look in in his eye, was trying to fuck my old man up, coudlnty have that so i layed the smack down.

I'll keep this short and a little vague, but I moved away from home after highschool across the country at 17 (chasing tail, never make this mistake). For the last 8 years I have been back once or twice a year to visit my family but mostly my father, my best friend. I also bought tickets when I went back to visit 2 years ago to see a concert and ended up inviting my dad who hadn't been to one in over 20 years. He went to the local dispensary and picked up some weed (my old man was just starting to smoke weed again after about 12 years of not smoking it) for the concert. When we rolled up to the concert he opened the glove box of his truck and pulled out a bag of 4 50mg edibles and 2 joints, and says "Hopefully this will be enough" .

I burst out laughing being a more experienced smoker then him and told him just to bring 2 edibles inside since we weren't trying to die. Keep in mind that this is my first time smoking with my dad and I never even had a beer with him since he doesn't drink since about 12 years ago. We ate one edible each and got pretty twisted because that shit is potent these days. Once it hit him he looked over at me, and says "Good thing we didn't try and eat/smoke all of that". lmao, shit was classic. Amazing night seeing my fav band and getting stoned with my old man for the first time. Something I willl never forget.

Whats your dad/man moment sherdog?

sadly, i've never had a moment like that with my dad, mainly because my dad doesn't drink or smoke. have never even had a drink with him at a bar. but we've had different moments, that while aren't anything close to what you experienced, are still good moments for me. my dad and i don't share many things in common, so that's part of the hang-up.

My dad used to always get on my back about smoking weed, Then one day I found a stash hidden in his office, along with papers and a pipe. This whole time he was a huge stoner, I guess he was a self loathing stoner or something.

My dad has been dead for most of my life now.

This thread has ruined my day, thanks a lot.

That is guy is Antonio Inoki and the guy he's slapping is a heavyweight Lyoto Machida (who was being trained by Inoki at that time) fresh off his promotional debut against Kengo Watanabe. It was also considered a great honor to be thusly slapped by him. So....

200.gif

Also, here's Inoki slapping the shit of literally his entire company, chicks and all. Pretty sure the black woman he pimp slaps likes it:

Yea i recognize Machida from the UFC. An honor to be smacked by him? Well I will give him credit. He is a great salesman. He convinces people its an honor to let him slap you but you cant slap him back. And he gets in a fake fight with Ali. So basically he pretends. A combat version of Benny Hinn if you will

I guess mine came about a year ago.

I moved about 1000 miles from home to pursue a career, and within two years I got married to my lovely wife who already had an 8 year old son from her previous marraige. Well my son (I don't believe in the word "step", he's my son or he aint, no middle ground for a child.) Isn't exactly into the things I am, so it's challenging sometimes to teach him, or mentor him, because I rather be walking the ranch teaching him to hunt, hike, or camp, and he'd rather be teaching me the rules to Pokemon.

Last year I signed my boy up for the local 4H club, specifically the Shooting Sports division. And as always it was challenging to get him interested in Archery. Well my parents came down to visit for a month during this time, and Dad brought his old Bear Grizzly Recurve bow. For those who don't know, it's a vintage recurve from the 60's, very popular in it's day, but these days 1000$ compound bow set ups rule the roost.

Anyways, my dad, my boy, and I went out one afternoon and my dad taught my son about archery and how to shoot on pure skill. And to be honest my dad wasn't just teaching my son, he was teaching me as well. My Dad took his 55 year old recurve bow, and sparked an interest in both his son, and grandson. My old man is definition of old school, he reads the bible, he hunts with a relic weapon, he still tips his hat to a lady for Christ sake! Yes mam, and yes sir are how he responds to questions.

I didn't understand or appreciate his way for most of my life, but after that October afternoon, watching him with his "step" grandson, I can honestly say I hope to be the man he always was. Btw, after that day my son wanted a recurve bow to shoot at 4H, and he's the only one in the club with one and kicking all sorts of ass.

hahah I'm high with my dad right now and my best friend. this was heart warming. bless you bro
I wish I could jump through the screen and have a three way hug with you and your dad.

Dang dude, you are really assuming a lot about my original post. I go home to see my dad on the other side of the country twice a year at most.. usually once. This specific time I invited him to a concert, for a band that he doesn't even listen to, and he came with the sole purpose of spending a night with me after not seeing each other for so long. We got stoned together once, infact it is the only time I have ever smoke weed with him and I am 26. I understand where you are coming from though and I really sympathize with someone who wasnt able to connect with his dad. I hope you have kids and be the dad to them that you never got to have.

Back