Sharing a man moment with your dad

I wish I could jump through the screen and have a three way hug with you and your dad.

Dang dude, you are really assuming a lot about my original post. I go home to see my dad on the other side of the country twice a year at most.. usually once. This specific time I invited him to a concert, for a band that he doesn't even listen to, and he came with the sole purpose of spending a night with me after not seeing each other for so long. We got stoned together once, infact it is the only time I have ever smoke weed with him and I am 26. I understand where you are coming from though and I really sympathize with someone who wasnt able to connect with his dad. I hope you have kids and be the dad to them that you never got to have.
i realized when i typed it that i would get hate for saying it, but like i also said, it isnt really a big issue with me. i am certainly not attending rallies for the legalization (or banning of here in NV) of pot. i didnt really want to get into a big debate about it either. i have smoked pot a couple times myself. i just dont have a ton of respect who make it a central part of their lives. and i find it weird that a dad would do it with their kids, but oh well. glad it was a good experience for you.

I'll keep this short and a little vague, but I moved away from home after highschool across the country at 17 (chasing tail, never make this mistake). For the last 8 years I have been back once or twice a year to visit my family but mostly my father, my best friend. I also bought tickets when I went back to visit 2 years ago to see a concert and ended up inviting my dad who hadn't been to one in over 20 years. He went to the local dispensary and picked up some weed (my old man was just starting to smoke weed again after about 12 years of not smoking it) for the concert. When we rolled up to the concert he opened the glove box of his truck and pulled out a bag of 4 50mg edibles and 2 joints, and says "Hopefully this will be enough" .

I burst out laughing being a more experienced smoker then him and told him just to bring 2 edibles inside since we weren't trying to die. Keep in mind that this is my first time smoking with my dad and I never even had a beer with him since he doesn't drink since about 12 years ago. We ate one edible each and got pretty twisted because that shit is potent these days. Once it hit him he looked over at me, and says "Good thing we didn't try and eat/smoke all of that". lmao, shit was classic. Amazing night seeing my fav band and getting stoned with my old man for the first time. Something I willl never forget.

Whats your dad/man moment sherdog?
Thanks for sharing that. I enjoyed it.

I never really had any intimate moments like that with my Dad. We were both disconnected people, at least with each other. And then he died. I was with him every day at the hospital for about a month, but we never had any intimate moments...at least no heartfelt words were spoken. I don't know what he was thinking or feeling...I wasn't feeling a whole lot, just doing my duty. Seems callous, but, as Harry Chapin sung long ago:

And as I hung up the phone, it occurred to me
He'd grown up just like me
My boy was just like me.

I did cry once as he was carted off for surgery, which he never woke up from. I had that sense that this was the end I guess.

The other day my old man said he could take Francis Ngannou. He really needs to sign up and start posting on SD. If that day ever happens I'm out. Not gonna get son'd in front of the 275 club.

I was fortunate enough to be with my dad for his last breath. I hope hes not in heaven watching because I've been on a massive drug and alcohol binge since

When I was 12 my dad and I were in his pickup truck headed home. We stopped at a 4 way intersection intending to turn left. A Cab-over Box Truck was coming down the hill to their stop sign. My Dad pulled away from our stop sign and the Box Truck blew through theirs. My dad swerved and gunned it while the box truck locked up the brakes. We avoided an accident and my dad parked the pickup. The truck had New York tags and two grown men in the cab.

My Dad yelled "Pay attention, you just blew a stop sign and almost hit us!" The driver of the other truck yelled "F+ck you asshole!". My Dad got out of our truck and marched to theirs intending to kick some ass. He said something to the effect of "F*ck me? Get out of the truck, I'm going to teach you some manners." It was at that point that the driver realized his mouth wrote a check his ass couldn't cash. He started saying "No, no, we're cool. It's cool. I'm sorry, I wasn't paying attention." After a tense few seconds my Dad responded "Pull your head out of your ass. You could have hit us and hurt or killed my son." He got in the pickup and drove us home.

It was epic in that my Dad was always a good hearted, good natured guy, but I saw him live up to his 6 foot 4, 264 lb stature and be the guy I had heard stories about. The guy few people wanted to f*ck with.

I was fortunate enough to be with my dad for his last breath. I hope hes not in heaven watching because I've been on a massive drug and alcohol binge since

Sorry to hear that man. Had some uncles die so I took an interest in my cousins lives to get an appreciation for who they were and what they left behind. Not compatible with every one of my family members but the connection helps me stay away from over indulgence. I don't want them to remember me as a stumbling shut in.

Sorry to hear that man. Had some uncles die so I took an interest in my cousins lives to get an appreciation for who they were and what they left behind. Not compatible with every one of my family members but the connection helps me stay away from over indulgence. I don't want them to remember me as a stumbling shut in.
Thanks man. I'm doing pretty well for myself. I think my dad would be proud overall. Tonight was a rough one though

Smoking pot with dad... yeahhh I rather not have that kind of quality time with my old man. Sounds pretty pathetic like it was already said.

Good fucking thread.

I'll always remember being a young kid, probably 12 years old (give or a take a year) and we were on a roller-coaster, a pretty intense one and one of the biggest / best in England. It kicked off and everybody was screaming, waving their arms in the air and going ham. He was sat next to me obviously, and it slowly came to a pause upside down and sky high in the air - there was a moment of silence and he turned to me and said "has it started yet?". And BAM back down it went and the screaming continued.

Not the funniest / best moment but always one that sticks in my head.

Oh and fuck it. I'll get something off my chest I've never told anyone. We saw Batman back in the 90's at the cinema (Must have been Batman and Robin from 97), so I was 6 at a push. And I dropped a shitload of popcorn all over the floor and under the next seats. I metaphorically shit myself and was scared people would see so I asked him if we could leave. I remember vaguely him saying "let's stay. Are you sure?" etc etc but in the end we left.

I never told him the reason. Think he just thought I was being a spoiled brat... Might see if he remembers it.

Last edited:
Back in the 50s when real men went out to bars. My pops and I go in into this local ice house down the road (this was in Texas) as soon as we go in we both look at each other. We can tell theres gonna be trouble. We sit at the bar and this 3 big fat trailer drivers come up talking mess and giving us the eye.

I give the nod to my Pops and he nods back.
Few seconds later we break the bottle over their head and star throwing fists no flips.
We must have cleaned out the bar because when we left there was blood every where and guys all over the floor. We grab the bottle of whiskey by the bar and jet out.
Nothing like kicking ass and raising hell with your Pops.....
Is your dad this guy
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/got-into-a-fight-at-walmart.2532123/

Man, sherdog has its fair share of prudes. Like having beer with your pops is any better.

Anyway, no man moments with my dad. Wasn't there much, and I cannot really relate to him at all. So all these type of moments sound real cool. Im sort of jealous. Now to go listen to some Cats in the cradle.....

I'll keep this short and a little vague, but I moved away from home after highschool across the country at 17 (chasing tail, never make this mistake). For the last 8 years I have been back once or twice a year to visit my family but mostly my father, my best friend. I also bought tickets when I went back to visit 2 years ago to see a concert and ended up inviting my dad who hadn't been to one in over 20 years. He went to the local dispensary and picked up some weed (my old man was just starting to smoke weed again after about 12 years of not smoking it) for the concert. When we rolled up to the concert he opened the glove box of his truck and pulled out a bag of 4 50mg edibles and 2 joints, and says "Hopefully this will be enough" .

I burst out laughing being a more experienced smoker then him and told him just to bring 2 edibles inside since we weren't trying to die. Keep in mind that this is my first time smoking with my dad and I never even had a beer with him since he doesn't drink since about 12 years ago. We ate one edible each and got pretty twisted because that shit is potent these days. Once it hit him he looked over at me, and says "Good thing we didn't try and eat/smoke all of that". lmao, shit was classic. Amazing night seeing my fav band and getting stoned with my old man for the first time. Something I willl never forget.

Whats your dad/man moment sherdog?

Son and father doing drugs together? Strong bond .

Smoking pot with dad... yeahhh I rather not have that kind of quality time with my old man. Sounds pretty pathetic like it was already said.
{<doc}
Lol are you a 72 year old geriatric that thinks weed makes you hallucinate and want to fuck the person closest to you?
Pathetic? What a bizarre word to use to describe having a smoke with your father.

My man moment with my dad was when i whooped his ass the first time
<{natewhut}>

{<doc}
Lol are you a 72 year old geriatric that thinks weed makes you hallucinate and want to fuck the person closest to you?
Pathetic? What a bizarre word to use to describe having a smoke with your father.

My man moment with my dad was when i whooped his ass the first time
<{natewhut}>
<LikeReally5><{clintugh}>

3550918390_5585b37acb_o.gif

This shit never gets old. Some traditions are just so fucking weird. He straight up punches him in the face.

That was just one part of the epic night. 10/10 one of my most cherished memories with him. He is very sick right now, so at the time I didn't realize how special that night really was. I think you need some meditation in your life my dude, could be a cool bonding experience with you and your old man ;)

Back