Shaun King: Conor McGregor is a bigot

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Agree or disagree? He's made some pretty good points

I'm not sure any fighter, in boxing or MMA, has been a more consistent flagrant bigot — and been given as much of a free pass — as Conor McGregor. See, I don't think McGregor is faking his bigotry come fight time. I think it's most likely a reflection of who he truly is.

Leading up to his 2015 match against Brazilian fighter Jose Aldo, McGregor repeatedly resorted to disgustingly bigoted attacks. In a reference to colonialism, McGregor said, "If this was a different time, I would invade his favela on horseback and kill anyone that was not fit to work." McGregor later said, "What I really want to do is turn his favela into a Reebok sweatshop." McGregor also said of Aldo, in an apparent joke targeting Latinos, "I think I'm going to have him come and clean up my airplane."

Any one of those comments should have been enough to have every mainstream company he works with drop his endorsements. Being a fighter is not a license for bigotry without consequence.

McGregor started his bigoted tirades right back up again in his lead-ups to his fights against Nate Diaz. In August 2016, using an old slur against Latinos, he called Nick and Nate Diaz "cockroaches." He also used tired bigoted stereotypes comparing Nate Diaz to "a little Cholo gangster from the hood" and calling his family "ese's."

6KYVlE2.gif

Why are you even entertaining what this idiot says?

This guy is an embarassment to the liberal media. Full regressive left moron.

He starts every video he does throwing handsigns and shit trying to be "street"... i mean wtf...

Dear god, please keep your PC shit out of MMA.

He sounds like a SJW.

is cockroaches really a latino slur? I thought he was copying scarface.

Why are you even entertaining what this idiot says?

This guy is an embarassment to the liberal media. Full regressive left moron.

He starts every video he does throwing handsigns and shit trying to be "street"... i mean wtf...
He is absolutely a broken clock, but you know the saying...

This dumbass brings up colonialism without context, insinuates that cockroaches is a racial slur and doesn't bring up the fact that Conor has insulted more white fighters. Fuck Shaun King.

Wastelands with this shit. GTFO liberal wretch.

I didn't read it, I assume Conor said something that can be misconstrued as racist if you stretch the imagination and now someone is throwing a fit about it?

did Talcum X write an article about this? The fact that he is held up by people as fighting racism on the left is fucking insane. He is a mentally disturbed man who posts insane racism constantly.

Back