Shawn Bunch leading wrestling training at AKA in prep for 229

GreatSaintGuillotine

You may not like what I say but it's the truth.
@Gold
Reaction score

Timestamp: 2:30

Shawn Bunch is a 2 time NCAA All-American, Pan American champ, and Olympic alternate in freestyle wrestling.

Great guy to have on the team. Been at AKA for a while. First time noticing him take charge. DC must be busy.

Last edited:
Wrestling practice. Hardest shit you've ever done in your life.

Takes a special kinda man

tenor.gif

Interesting fact: Darrion Caldwell (who defeated Bunch by first round submission) is fighting tomorrow.

I would love to see more of these videos, how Khabib can wrestle with the more traditional folkstyle guys.

Dude is amazing. His speed and dexterity are absolutely freakish.

heard alot of great things about him. Haven't seen too much of his mma career, but i do remember he getting beaten by caldwell in bellator. this isn't to shit on bunch. It is just to highlight just how good of a wrestler caldwell truly is.

khabib has a great team in aka. i really do give him an 80% chance of smashing conor.

Being a lot younger than DC he probably has a fresh perspective to offer Khabib. That scamble in the video was crazy fast.

Interesting fact: Darrion Caldwell (who defeated Bunch by first round submission) is fighting tomorrow.

I would love to see more of these videos, how Khabib can wrestle with the more traditional folkstyle guys.

Caldwell is one of the best 135 lb fighters in the world imo.

Caldwell is one of the best 135 lb fighters in the world imo.

Yeah Caldwell is a freak. Dude deserves to be in the UFC for sure.

As for footage, not sure how much we'll get. Can't show too much especially against a counter puncher. I'm sure that they're working on lots of clinch work and outside singles.

Do they even kickbox at AKA?

Gym is a stronghold for high level wrestlers

Do they even kickbox at AKA?

Gym is a stronghold for high level wrestlers

Thats why all the wrestlers are there, to pick up the striking aspect. Doesnt mean you ditch the wrestling. Javie in there training wretlers to become world champions by defeating strikers.

Would love to see videos of Khabib wrestling with Ruth. Probably the most accomplished collegiate wrestler in mma history. Maybe second

Agreed, would like to see him in the UFC. He is 30 though, he would need to do it fast.
not necessarily fast, dillashaw is 32 and is basically in his prime. especially a guy that has only 6 years into his MMA career

Would love to see videos of Khabib wrestling with Ruth. Probably the most accomplished collegiate wrestler in mma history. Maybe second
If Josh Thomson is to be believed then he gets the better of Ed Ruth in grappling, which would be insanely impressive. I wouldn't doubt it after seeing tape of Khabib out wrestling undefeated Bellator 185er and wrestling phenom Deron Winn.

Back