Sheiko Beginner Stage 2 Log

Squat

80 8 x 1
90 6 x 2
100 5 x 4

Notes: Little reset to give myself some momentum.

Paused Bench

40 8 x 1
50 5 x 1
60 5 x 1
70 4 x 4

Pendlay Row

40 3 x 10

I just read through your log, since I'm a big Sheiko guy. Just be careful about bumping your numbers up too quickly because things feel light. It's the Sheiko trap.

The weights might feel light on a given day, but don't fall victim to the temptation of bumping them up. You'll stifle long term progress, increase your risk of injury, and could develop nasty technique habits.

As you get stronger, you'll reach a point where you won't be able to endlessly add weight to your squat and deadlift training maxes at the same time. Managing fatigue is the name of the game.

Keep up the good work.

I just read through your log, since I'm a big Sheiko guy. Just be careful about bumping your numbers up too quickly because things feel light. It's the Sheiko trap.

The weights might feel light on a given day, but don't fall victim to the temptation of bumping them up. You'll stifle long term progress, increase your risk of injury, and could develop nasty technique habits.

As you get stronger, you'll reach a point where you won't be able to endlessly add weight to your squat and deadlift training maxes at the same time. Managing fatigue is the name of the game.

Keep up the good work.

I'm sort of in an awkward position right now. I'm not quite strong enough where it makes sense to use one of his percentage based routines, but I'm done the 10 week program. Sometime soon my squat and deadlift progress will stall and I can switch to 37 or 30 but until then I really am left guessing what I should be doing. Or do you think I should just switch to 37 or 30 right away?

Squat

80 6 x 1
90 5 x 2
100 5 x 3

Bench

65 5 x 5

Row

45 10 x 3

Notes: First day back after a week lay off and I felt weak as shit. I skipped the second squat session because I suddenly felt light headed (lights starting going out when I stood up too quickly, so doing that with 80kg on my back was maybe not the best idea).

3" Deficit deadlift

80 5 x 1
100 5 x 1
120 3 x 4

Dumbell Bench

20 10 x 4

Seated Cable Row

45 10 x 4

Romanian Deadlift

60 10 x 3

Back