Sherbro’s help me analyse my opponent

Theirs a lesson to this thread though, I don't know if @Odysseus is actually his opponent but I am 90% sure that he is.

never post gameplans or your previous fights on a popular public mma forum.
The fights were on YouTube and hes the teammate of my last opponent so im sure he already watched them. As for the account i think its just a troll

-the fight is at 75 kg
-he’s the one in black trunks
-I’m fighting Him october 13th
-This was his first fight
-from what i see he’s southpaw and throws a lot of leg kicks and some head kicks and hooks

These are my 2 fights

I have decent reach and heigh advantage over him. He’s a little bit taller than my 2nd opponent(which is also his teammate).

Looking forwards to your tips

I like your pressure, and aggression. Think about tucking your chin. Observe your second video of you at 2:20 until the stoppage. Great finish. However, your chin was open for a counter. It is an opening. it is possible to get timed and countered especially when on the offensive.

If you agree, a training method you could consider is using a tennis ball when you shadowbox. Tuck it underneath your chin, and hold it there while you shadowbox. This should help get you accustomed to what that feels like so you can carry it over into the ring.

You look good in your fights. Good luck in your next one.

I am running on the assumption that this is kickboxing rules, if it is Muay Thai all that I have to say will still apply but you could knee the body more liberally. He fights too stiff and you fight too loose. First thing is make sure you tighten up your punching technique - because I could those looping punches of yours getting you into trouble.

You need to do three things to succeed here:

1) Counter his kicks with punches and front kicks, he isn't particularly balanced when he kicks and his legs seem overly straight and stiff. This compromises his over all kick and it gives you a good advantage when it comes to countering. His head stays on-line when he kicks dead centre putting his body at an uncomfortable angle. That also means that all you really need to do is shoot straight down the middle. He is making himself quite an easy target. That means you can damage or knock him over without too much trouble if you time your counters well. Make sure that your punches and front kicks hit the body at least 50% of the time.

2) Use pivots and lateral movement to circle out and otherwise avoid his forward momentum. Your opponent always comes in on straight lines. This will mean he runs past you and put you in his blind spot so you can attack. If he commits to southpaw you'll need to pivot outside his lead foot in order to effectively get into his blind spot.

3) You NEED to make sure you're comfortable holding. The rate that he comes forward, if your footwork isn't disciplined enough to get out of the way he WILL get to you and start flurrying, either against the ropes or in the middle of the ring. The good thing for you is that in these flurries he actually overcrowds his opponent. He doesn't keep a good enough distance to pressure with punches but still be effective at moving and trapping, he gets SO close that all you really need to do is tie up.

So my gameplan for you would be:

- Lots of straight right hands and front kicks (specifically target the body as much as you can)
- Pivots off of your left foot, outside into his blind spot
- Deal with his aggression via frequent clinching

The frequent clinching, pivoting and bodywork will tire him out, he has a fast work rate anyway, you keep making him swing and miss, making him fight OUT of your clinch, and keep hitting the body and he will fatigue fast, once he's fatigued he should become more of an open target.

I can see two scenarios that will absolutely play out in this fight:
Scenario 1: He chases you with punches
Scenario 2: You try to avoid his chase but you can't because he hits you with a round kick, blocking your exit.

So long as you understand that the time to tie up and make him fight out of it is scenario 2 - you will be far safer, make sure specifically to wrangle up his arms, not his head.

I cannot garuantee success, but this is the gameplan I would personally use.

Be sure to watch Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquaio and Jerome Le Banner vs Ernesto Hoost (2002 GP) for an example of each gameplan.

If you box with him he will eat you alive. Lowkicks and body kicks will work extremely well.

You need to bully him in there. Swing and be first. When you clinch up assert dominance and push him around. You need to make him your bitch.
Whisper it to him. Tell him he's your bitch.

All these guys that look at you all maddogging and shit, are the guys that usually are the easiest to crack under pressure. If your opponent looks at you all calm, cool and collected, possibly grinning, you know he's going to bring it. The eyes never lie.

Knock him the fuck out. And don't be a bitch.

These are my 2 fights

[

The black trunks guy has zero stamina the white trunks guy has bad stance and bad technique in both punching - wide swings, and kicking -lowering of the arms, bad timing for kicks . I don't know if it's from fatigue but this was the 1st round no? Your opponent was fighting some kid so I can't tell if he is good under pressure.

He switches stance to try and confuse his opponent, but his boxing isn't great. Its all show. He leads with a long straight right hand, (jab from southpaw, cross from orthodox) closes distance into hooks and uppercuts. He switches stances but throws the same combinations, so his foot position doesn't matter. if you can consistently counter that first straight right hand shot you will disrupt his attacks

He's very linear, eats alot of shots as he comes in, then unloads in the pocket. When he fires off step forward not back. If you shell up and back away he unloads, finishes with a low kick and you cant counter. Step in, tie him up, make it messy.

You have to check his low kick and counter. If you just check he'll follow in with his hands. Check, fire back instantly with a kick

Back