Sherbros experts, i need hard padding gloves

ALE

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
If you had to buy good gloves for mitts/bag, 10oz,100 bucks or less, what yould you buy?

Obviously i'm looking for hard gloves to work on speed

If you had to buy good gloves for mitts/bag, 10oz,100 bucks or less, what yould you buy?

Fairtex fight gloves in 10 oz are rather stiff at fist but they break in.

FAIRTEX BGL6
T2G.paXjFNXXXXXXXX_!!86393062.jpg

Also ringside fight gloves are sorta stiff, I mean they are foam padded instead of Horse hair..

ringsideprofessionalfightglovered.jpg

<Dana05> .

The RB series by rival would probably suit your needs, recently tried some RB11s and they have a harder style padding that provides a great amount of pop on the mitts

i know rival gloves always get great reviews here but RB11 are almost 150€ from UK shop and i'm looking for something cheaper, 100$/90€ or less. something similar? They got RB60 and RB2 for bag/mitts

RB2 at 90€ (100$)
RB2_BLACK_v02_large.jpg

RB60 at 56€
e24b3469e7bf9be71a0f5942f7dddb12_large.png

how about them?

@ALE

I'm curious to know why you think a "hard" glove will help you out with speed ??

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your correlation between the two.

Rival RB2 Super bag gloves.
Rival RB11 Evolution bag gloves.

Fairtex fight gloves in 10 oz are rather stiff at fist but they break in.

FAIRTEX BGL6
T2G.paXjFNXXXXXXXX_!!86393062.jpg

Also ringside fight gloves are sorta stiff, I mean they are foam padded instead of Horse hair..

ringsideprofessionalfightglovered.jpg

<Dana05> .
Fairtex is similar to Twins? a friend of mine had twins from thailand and they were pretty soft.

By the way i'm watching prices and they are not cheap... i would use them only once a week, maybe twice

i know rival gloves always get great reviews here but RB11 are almost 150€ from UK shop and i'm looking for something cheaper, 100$/90€ or less. something similar? They got RB60 and RB2 for bag/mitts

RB2 at 90€ (100$)
RB2_BLACK_v02_large.jpg

RB60 at 56€
e24b3469e7bf9be71a0f5942f7dddb12_large.png

how about them?

Do those models come in 10 oz ??

I generally think of 10 oz gloves as fight gloves. But I do have gloves that are 10 oz that are not commision approved fight gloves like my custom Zeus Deportes 10 oz training gloves.

@ALE

I'm curious to know why you think a "hard" glove will help you out with speed ??

Or maybe I'm misunderstanding your correlation between the two.

you know that many bags and mitts are soft, like the ones in my gym, sadly.
if you hit them with soft gloves strikes got less "pop" on them and hands gets back slower. never experienced anything like that with different gloves?

Fairtex is similar to Twins? a friend of mine had twins from thailand and they were pretty soft.

By the way i'm watching prices and they are not cheap... i would use them only once a week, maybe twice

Ummm. the fairtex fight gloves are not soft Imo. Most ppl only use the big oversized twins gloves for sparring and they are padded differently obviously at 10 oz.

If you are on a budget I recommend the Ringside fight gloves. The quality varies but I got a good pair after sending one back and they are pretty good for the price. I mean you can make a good fist and land right over the knuckles, which is ideal IMO.

Do those models come in 10 oz ??

I generally think of 10 oz gloves as fight gloves. But I do have gloves that are 10 oz that are not commision approved fight gloves like my custom Zeus Deportes 10 oz training gloves.

getting used to use 10oz at full force without sparring might be why they produce 10oz gloves for training... there's nothing strange about it.

Ummm. the fairtex fight gloves are not soft Imo. Most ppl only use the big oversized twins gloves for sparring and they are padded differently obviously at 10 oz.

If you are on a budget I recommend the Ringside fight gloves. The quality varies but I got a good pair after sending one back and they are pretty good for the price. I mean you can make a good fist and land right over the knuckles, which is ideal IMO.

i'm watching for them and holy fuck, they are not cheaper than rival in their EU shop.
why am i so poor...

i had to watch "fitness" gloves and thy got this

pu-black-front_2.jpg

It doesn't look bad even if is in the fitness zone

you know that many bags and mitts are soft, like the ones in my gym, sadly.
if you hit them with soft gloves strikes got less "pop" on them and hands gets back slower. never experienced anything like that with different gloves?

IMO, guys at the gym fall in love with the false sense of power that creating "pop" on the mitts or dense bag give you. And imo it's also your job to get your hands back to the set position as these things are not always going to be happening for you in actual competition or combat.

If your just looking for pop because you find it fun and rewarding while training, that's fine too. Just be aware your power is your power.

Just my opinion on the subject.

i'm watching for them and holy fuck, they are not cheaper than rival in their EU shop.
why am i so poor...

i had to watch "fitness" gloves and thy got this

pu-black-front_2.jpg

It doesn't look bad even if is in the fitness zone

Oh, didn't know you were from Europe. I am not familiar too much with the gloves available from ringside to the Euro market, as they are different from here in the states.

How about these gloves from " Combat Corner UK "

http://www.boxingcorner.co.uk/glove...178_82.html?osCsid=bv9okpsot1bk045ptjq3bc0qb2

They look like Grant inspired fight gloves prob made in Pakistan ( just guessing ).

MAIN%20EVENT%20BOXING%20ESSEX%20PATRIOT%20FIGHT%20RED.png

Looks Decent. But I know nothing about them other than what is see.

<Dana05> .

IMO, guys at the gym fall in love with the false sense of power that creating "pop" on the mitts or dense bag give you. And imo it's also your job to get your hands back to the set position as these things are not always going to be happening for you in actual competition or combat.

If your just looking for pop because you find it fun and rewarding while training, that's fine too. Just be aware your power is your power.

Just my opinion on the subject.

Myabe is right for new guys, but i do feel faster with hard gloves, when i use my old ruined leone hands comes back faster with same efford. as they come back even faster when i use bag gloves, but they got less weight and less protection.
same story with different mitts.
trying to have the harder stuff because getting used to hit soft things with soft gloves will ony slow down your pace, central nervous system needs speed. that's why working the heavy bag will give you great KO power and speed. Just my opinion too

Oh, didn't know you were from Europe. I am not familiar too much with the gloves available from ringside to the Euro market, as they are different from here in the states.

How about these gloves from " Combat Corner UK "

http://www.boxingcorner.co.uk/glove...178_82.html?osCsid=bv9okpsot1bk045ptjq3bc0qb2

They look like Grant inspired fight gloves prob made in Pakistan ( just guessing ).

MAIN%20EVENT%20BOXING%20ESSEX%20PATRIOT%20FIGHT%20RED.png

Looks Decent. But I know nothing about them other than what is see.

<Dana05> .
thanks mate, i saved them too.
they do look skinny and hard but unluckily no velcro... but they look great

Myabe is right for new guys, but i do feel faster with hard gloves, when i use my old ruined leone hands comes back faster with same efford. as they come back even faster when i use bag gloves, but they got less weight and less protection.
same story with different mitts.
trying to have the harder stuff because getting used to hit soft things with soft gloves will ony slow down your pace, central nervous system needs speed. that's why working the heavy bag will give you great KO power and speed. Just my opinion too

Yes, with lighter gloves ( 10 oz ) you should be able to move your hands faster and more accurately. But I was confused when you described them as "hard". Because when I think of hard I think of brand new latex padded gloves. Now they make latex padding in different densities so that varies as well. Fight gloves are usually horse/animal with minimal padding ( Mexican style / old school style). Or layered foam padding. I would not describe the horse hair gloves ad hard IMO. Just less protective. And foam fight gloves density varies. I would not describe any of the foam fight gloves I have as " HARD" Most focus on hand protection .

I just got in a brand new pair of lace up 16oz "PRO MEX" training gloves. Now those fukers ARE pretty hard. Might take awhile to break in.

<20> .

thanks mate, i saved them too.
they do look skinny and hard but unluckily no velcro... but they look great

Velcro sux. I mean I have a few pair. But I always go with lace up, but I'm from a boxing background.

You could always buy lace converters....

Yes, with lighter gloves ( 10 oz ) you should be able to move your hands faster and more accurately. But I was confused when you described them as "hard". Because when I think of hard I think of brand new latex padded gloves. Now they make latex padding in different densities so that varies as well. Fight gloves are usually horse/animal with minimal padding ( Mexican style / old school style). Or layered foam padding. I would not describe the horse hair gloves ad hard IMO. Just less protective. And foam fight gloves density varies. I would not describe any of the foam fight gloves I have as " HARD" Most focus on hand protection .

I just got in a brand new pair of lace up 16oz "PRO MEX" training gloves. Now those fukers ARE pretty hard. Might take awhile to break in.

<20> .

foam gloves do have different density and when i say harder i mean not feeling your knuckles like punching a marsh mellow.
maybe my english is not helping but i think you understand what i mean...

Velcro sux. I mean I have a few pair. But I always go with lace up, but I'm from a boxing background.

You could always buy lace converters....

i'm only doing kickboxing right now and this gym i joined is a class, i shouldn't have mates waiting for me to get ready when we switch pads holders. but i would love to use them on the bag, that grant looking is appealing

foam gloves do have different density and when i say harder i mean not feeling your knuckles like punching a marsh mellow.
maybe my english is not helping but i think you understand what i mean...

i'm only doing kickboxing right now and this gym i joined is a class, i shouldn't have mates waiting for me to get ready when we switch pads holders. but i would love to use them on the bag, that grant looking is appealing

Also want to mention that Rival makes a Velcro version of their Fight gloves that is probably perfect for what you want. But it is currently sold out. At least in the United States. Maybey save up for it and you can get a high quality glove.

8323a575b681610559b6c706244129de_75d9106e-0508-4ed0-b122-7fcf89ba9c2b.png

I have the lace up version of this glove and It's pretty awesome.

https://rivalboxing.us/collections/boxing-gloves/products/pro-fight-glove-velcro-strap

Back