Sherbros, help me convince my 6th grade class Conor is not a role model

Jawth

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Hey guys, as some of you might already know I'm an elementary school teacher. This year I am teaching a very high poverty, hispanic heavy population district 6th grade class.

Every day we have a discussion with a given topic, and last Friday they chose sports. Asking me what my favorite sports are, I answered MMA and boxing. The only athlete from either sport aside from Rocky Balboa and one student knowing who Tyson was, is Conor McGregor. They thought everything he says and does is cool, including the bus incident. None of them knew he lost against Floyd or Khabib, and didnt seem to care. Several follow him on social media.

I didnt really argue the point how many thought his actions outside the cage were cool (some had heard about the Bellator incident too) because, the topic wasnt role models. I was surprised so many knew McGregor. Another point of note is that several of the kids are anti establishment and anti law enforcement, so the crimes committed dont seem to faze them.

Hoping for some good old Sherbro logic here to help me out. Gifs of him being destroyed or flinching when Diaz confronted him at the presser might be helpful. I would show the Khabib fight in full if it wouldnt get me fired. Another idea I have is to put up a alternative athlete, someone from a similar background like Yair or Cain to the kids.

Anyone got other ideas?

xgiaDLO.mp4

Problem solved.

Lol i cant seem to get adults to understand this thing and you want 6th graders to understand?

Tell them Conrad is racist towards Latinos

Just tell them how badly Khabib fucked him up
giphy.gif

How Conor was not open discussion
dFvvKkj.gif

How he made him beg for mercy say it's only business
giphy10.gif

How he made him scream Alhamdulillah! Alhamdulillah!

Last edited:
Hispanics?

I own your class I own your 6th grade class! If this was a different time, I would invade your class on horseback, and would kill anyone who wasn't fit to work, but we're in a new time, so I'll whoop your asses instead.

Show them a bum like Nate tooling Connie

Play some Tony Ferguson highlights next class and show them what a real role model is!

nobody is gonna read all that shit bro

The sixth grade is elementary? Since when? That was middle school for me.

But tell those little twerps that you’ll call their parents if they don’t listen. I hated parent-teacher nights.

If you are looking for a fighting role model look at both Fury and Wilder

Show the pics of Conor cheating on his wife with sub-5 vegas prostitutes. Then show Conor speaking so disrespectfully towards opponents who smacked him silly.

Or...... get some posters of Ronaldo and Messi, they make more money than Conor and don't get punched in the face. They're gangsta too, with convictions but for tax fraud.

Back