Sherbros, help me convince my 6th grade class Conor is not a role model

qI9o5FtAoZJXG.gif

The sixth grade is elementary? Since when? That was middle school for me.

But tell those little twerps that you’ll call their parents if they don’t listen. I hated parent-teacher nights.

My school is 4-6 grade, most districts do put 6-8 together.

Conor fans have the mental age of a 6th grade Hispanic student.

Or a 2nd grade Asian.

Just flunk them all. Tell them Conor made you do it.

Kids will be kids. When I was in 6th grade my friends and I idolized Mike Tyson and he was a lot worse back then than Conor McGregor is today. We also ate up Dennis Rodman's schtick hook, line, and sinker. We grew up and became professionals living normal adult lives.

Your students are gonna turn out fine, or if they don't it ain't gonna be because they idolize Conor McGregor.

People say Conor's a bad influence
I say the world's already fucked, he's just adding to it

Stop trying to brainwash kids with your bullshit sherdog hate of McGregor. You should know better.

Nobody is perfect but for the most part I'd say he is a great role model. Showing how to escape poverty and into success.

If you are looking for a fighting role model look at both Fury and Wilder
Bahaha, with the recent lovefest surrounding fury people seem to have forgotten that he's a proper dodgy fella with some bizarre prehistoric public opinions.

Explain to them that losing with class, is more admirable than winning with arrogance.

Then show them a Sakuraba highlight - Extra conversion points if the highlight includes him borderline losing his ear, but not quitting.

Edit: Maybe also explain, that although most people desire fame and power. Sakuraba is proof that even without those things, you can still leave behind something to be proud of.

Last edited:
Your 6th graders should be able to think what they want. Who is to say what Conor has done is so bad? The dolly attack? Give me a break.

P.S.T.S Do me a favor and dont fuck any of those kids. I'm always suspicious of a grown man that chooses being around a bunch of other peoples' kids as a profession.

Hey guys, as some of you might already know I'm an elementary school teacher. This year I am teaching a very high poverty, hispanic heavy population district 6th grade class.

Every day we have a discussion with a given topic, and last Friday they chose sports. Asking me what my favorite sports are, I answered MMA and boxing. The only athlete from either sport aside from Rocky Balboa and one student knowing who Tyson was, is Conor McGregor. They thought everything he says and does is cool, including the bus incident. None of them knew he lost against Floyd or Khabib, and didnt seem to care. Several follow him on social media.

I didnt really argue the point how many thought his actions outside the cage were cool (some had heard about the Bellator incident too) because, the topic wasnt role models. I was surprised so many knew McGregor. Another point of note is that several of the kids are anti establishment and anti law enforcement, so the crimes committed dont seem to faze them.

Hoping for some good old Sherbro logic here to help me out. Gifs of him being destroyed or flinching when Diaz confronted him at the presser might be helpful. I would show the Khabib fight in full if it wouldnt get me fired. Another idea I have is to put up a alternative athlete, someone from a similar background like Yair or Cain to the kids.

Anyone got other ideas?

I think you should be fired from your job. Right before you do, show the kids this, so they know who the GOAT is.

giphy.gif

Take your mom to show 'n tell with a Mcgregor tattoo.

Last edited:
They'll grow out of it. Youtube and instagram is full of people whose only job is showing off stuff and advertising a fake lifestyle. Say what you want about Conor but at least he is an high level athelete. That took some serious effort.

If you can't teach Kevin Lee that Conor is not a rolemodel you can't teach it to 6th graders.

Last edited:
Your 6th graders should be able to think what they want. Who is to say what Conor has done is so bad? The dolly attack? Give me a break.

P.S.T.S Do me a favor and dont fuck any of those kids. I'm always suspicious of a grown man that chooses being around a bunch of other peoples' kids as a profession.
You are a disgusting human being.

Ummm normal people can be around kids. I would worry more about you for even bringing this up.

Back