Media sherdog.com Headline Posts...

samuelsoncast

Professional Farter
@purple
Reaction score
At time of writing, all 5 of Sherdog's main news, picture headed articles are 5 different articles of Dern vs. Hill.

Prime Picks
Weigh Ins
Sheehan Show
Preview
Beforemath

I think this is only one of very few bouts that the whole headers are saturated by a single bout.

Just how massive is this fight, exactly?

Another meaningless fight from a casual point view.

One of the only reasons to watch WMMA

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I like both fighters but this is Con-Khabib level coverage lol.

Not only will I not watch a fight/card of this low quality, I probably won't even watch any highlights.

Definitely not main event worthy, but I'm surely looking forward to it. Dern has had many hiccups, but she remains a threat to anyone that ends up on the ground with her. Her problem in my opinion is her subpar wrestling and that her submissions tend to take too long to finish for the 5-minute MMA format (she'll finish rounds in dominant positions where opponents are saved by the bell then fail to repeat in the following round).

Hill has been a fun career to follow for me -- she has lost some questionable decisions, and I feel her record could very easily be far better. She seems to lack power or finishing ability, but she's not an easy out these days and her stamina is very impressive.

But yeah, with all this said, it isn't the most meaningful fight as both competitors aren't exactly knocking on the door for a title shot and have a ways to go -- this would have been better served as maybe a main card opener or undercard main event under normal circumstances in my opinion.

I often wonder..

Do these people honestly not know this fight was not supposed to be a ME? And in fact wasn’t even supposed to be on this card?

Or..

As with many posters do they actually know this but just make disingenuous posts, justifying their hate, or whatever?

It's one of the few combat sports events happening this weekend (aside from the dude in my AV and Katie Taylor), so makes sense it gets some articles. Much better this than more "Conor tweeted an emoji" articles that other sites love to do.

This is the biggest card of the century

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back