Sherdog complicit in Internet scam?

Levi_

Silver Belt
Reaction score
This happens every so often when I log into the forums here- this scam comes up where a statement and onscreen info states that it is coming from Microsoft; they say your information is being transmitted to malicious website, and everything is being stolen from you. It says you must call a number and report it to Microsoft. When you call (I haven't, I know others who have fallen for this scam), they try to get your information (they are scammers; it is not Microsoft). Since this comes up for me intermittently right when I go to login at the Sherdog forums, how is it that this isn't something to do with Sherdog?

Edit: This is not just a problematic advertisement, this is a criminal scam.

Last edited:
It does sound like a shitty ad. Do you have a screenshot of it? Is it only on the login page?

It does sound like a shitty ad. Do you have a screenshot of it? Is it only on the login page?
I can take one next tiem it comes up. It pops up sometimes when I go to open up the Sherdog forum- either when I hot the login button or when I go to open the forums from the main page. It is a scam I have heard people get taken by other places. I'll screenshot it next time it happens.

While we're at it can a fella get some SSL or what

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back