Sherdog Counter-Strike players club, v2 | Page 14

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by redjako, May 27, 2016.

1. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Yeah. Wingman and Flying Scoutsman were made official game modes yesterday. Wingman has its own separate lobby system and ranks.

Bubzeh likes this.
  2. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    3rd lan event with Boltz. Two first place finishes : )

[​IMG]

3. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    IEM Oakland was the one that mattered. Even though I missed last 2 maps, so had to watch VODs.
    As soon I saw what 5 maps were I guessed all 5 correctly and NIP winning over Faze.
    My best pick since Gambit 2-0 Astralis at Dreamhack Masters Malmo.
    NIP don't have strong Nuke, I saw that abortion of a game they had with Navi, barely winning in OT.
    But since very few teams play Nuke, they ban it against teams that are meh at it.

Anyway, here is rant against Blast Pro Series.
    I don't really consider this big event. It isn't even listed as Premier in Liquipedia. I'd be saying same regardless of who won.
    It had only one BO3 the whole tournament, with rest being BO1.
    Only 6 teams, all invites.
    Then, there was with 3 games being played at same time, can't watch even half.
    Massive delays, and stream issues.
    Shitshow.
    Fuck invitationals in general.
    Only good thing were the games, and you couldn't watch more than half of them.

Maybe it was great for the crowd at the stadium, but for everything else it was crap.

4. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    I play mostly flying scoutsman. It's good shit. If I have to earn rank again for wingman, I'll just give up and not play it.

5. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    Space Soliers. If they had kennys, they would be legends last 3 majors at least.
    Very skilled players besides ngin, majer is IGL so he gets a pass(he frags better than former IGL tugux, and he got better over time in IGLing).
    Pretty much every player can open a round, and they play well of each other.
    Their economy managment, reading opponent economy and using utility is crap.
    Surprisingly they are good working around/using enemy utility against them.
    They have 3 maps they are really strong on, 2 meh, and 2 crap.
    So it really comes down to how opponent bans.
    They don't have AWPer, calyx is best but he is much better as rifle.
    Paz has some issues, and if he is injured or despe plays instead of him in qualifier they are gonners. He is one of three stars, but he does important dirty work so calyx and xantares can roam around freely.

6. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Got called a cheater all game here, lol:
    [​IMG]

Person who was the most vocal I killed with a HE grenade from B site doors in CT Spawn to clinch the 16th round. HE grenade exploded on his chest, lol.

EPL lan starts tomorrow. I'll be cheering for Misfits to not win a single game : )~

7. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    WTF, I get home, look hltv for results, Luminosity beat Hellraisers, fnatic beat Faze, Liquid beat Astralis and Hellraisers beat fnatic.
    Is it the opposite day?!?

8. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Optic just beat SK : /

This always happens at the tail end of the year at league lan matches. An underdog team plateaus upsetting higher ranked teams. Last year at this time it was Optic beating Astralis to win ELeague season 2 and Cloud9 beating SK to win EPL.

Interesting part is that the upcoming 1-1/2 months off till the Valve Major. These underdog teams always bomb out in groups at the event.

With NiP and Optic this is their second to last lan for before taking a 3 month layoff since they failed to qualify for anything else. Players need to perform at their best to justify their roster position.

9. Bubzeh Pink Belt

Bubzeh
    Semi Finals of;

Fnatic vs Faze
    Misfits vs SK

Would be very nice!

10. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    There is so much factors that produce these results.
    I'd say main factor is bootcamp.
    Obviously, I'm not talking about bootcamp where teams play each other the week before event.
    But the longer ones, which teams that are invited for every event don't usually have time for.
    So the team with more quality practice gets the win, even it might not be better team.

There is a lot of upsets in CS as is. Last Major final it was underdog everybody loves vs underdog everybody hate(with happy ending).
    BO1s, unfamiliarity, we don't know if some of underdogs are better on LAN since they rarely qualify.
    Which is more problem of too many invites generally in Premier events, so new teams have few opportunities to come through.

Why you hate Misfits?

11. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Started watching Pro CS in 2013. Sean was always referred to as one of the best IGL's. With GobB i can see in the structure the preparation. Sean, its like he has the world greatest publicist when he only had a supportive role in a cult favorite movie.

12. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
  13. Bubzeh Pink Belt

Bubzeh

Probably, for me, one of the most exciting clutches in LAN I've watched live. Really thought Faze were going to come back and win after this. Huge shame.

14. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    Yes, that was unreal. Best moment of tournament bar none. Also, pretty good final.
    I will miss diversity of formats, at least for ESL.
    http://www.dust2.us/News/356-esl-standardizing-event-formats-in-2018
    Crossing my fingers for BO3 finals, I keep losing it after 3 maps, I need like an hour rest after that.
    Don't know why sudden change to BO5s, CS never had them before.
    It seems a lot of people like it by posts on reddit, or is itjust loud minority?

@KaNesDeath I can see where you are going with sean. He is just strat caller. Is there anybody you like there? I mean, sick is sick, but at same time main braindead on team.

15. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Its a vocal minority. Primarily caused by newer viewers who werent around in 2013-2015. End of season league lans mainly used BO5 finals. Where it was common for them to go the full five maps. Which is a ridiculous 7 hours of watching CS between the same teams.

Lans in 2015 went the BO3 route. EPL, Epicenter and cs_summit are the only lans i can think of that used a BO5 final this year. Cevo lan in 2016 is the only one i can remember that used BO5.

After the NA Valve Minor lan my eye was on Amanek. He seemed to be the player who would be the team superstar. After that BO3 with SK though my opinion of them is back to what it was when they went into the NA Valve Minor lan.

16. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Two new things announced today by Valve regarding the Majors:

1-8 are now called Champions(formerly Legends)
    9-16 are now called Legends(formerly Challengers)
    17-24 are now called Challengers(formerly Minor qualified teams)

An all 24 teams and players will have stickers along with their revenue.

ELeague also announced: "attendees will be eligible to receive ingame drops by linking their Steam accounts with the RFID badges provided with tickets."

Since im attending im eligible for drops : )

17. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    How much will it all cost you?

That is stupid.
    Format stays the same, some dates are moved days/weeks, but format is same.
    Now Major qualifier is officially part of Major.
    Why am I upset? Well, what I liked for last 6?(didn't count) Majors is, you had to earn your place in qualifier.
    No Asian team made it to Major because they didn't deserve.
    That is best thing about CS when compared to other esports, you don't have guaranteed number of participants by region in biggest tournament of the year.
    I know it is only semantics, but it grinds my gears.

18. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Liquidity earned from winning or placing second in your regions Minor qualification isnt enough to create stability/growth in these regions.

This is Valves way of telling esports organizations and sponsors to start investing towards further growth. Similar to how the first Valve Major was Valves signal to existing teams/players and outside esports orgs that a baseline was being established. **Prize pool of third party lans matched Valves Majors within 18 months.

Think of it this way. Each player and their team org will receive 50K from sticker revenue. Will that 300K benefit SK and its roster or Space Soldiers and their roster more moving forward?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
  19. someguyy Brown Belt

someguyy
    Fine. Give them stickers, don't call it Major, stick with Major qualifier name, but give them stickers titled Major.

20. KaNesDeath Black Belt

KaNesDeath
    Intent of the Major is to push the scene forward towards growth. An giving the 17th-24th placed teams revenue from sticker money doesnt detract from the team who finished 1st and those who placed 2nd-8th.

Four Majors have happened since the Minor system was introduced. With the PGL Major producing its first Major winner from that Minor system. *Was also the first time a Minor qualified team reached the Grand Final in their first appearance.

Growth we've seen from frequency of events and prize pools since 2013 has stagnated towards top teams. To the point theyve even brazenly attempted to create their own enclosed league system keeping away outside competition. Cementing their revenue share throughout the year no matter performance.

No ones investing in growth. Theyre just piggybacking off the success of Valve Majors with hosting NA/EU lan events while inviting top teams and doing online league matches that have near zero production cost. We need to go back to November of 2015 when a non-NA/EU team was able to qualify for a league lan final. Teams that do show promise are uprooted from their region an moved to NA. Leaving their region in the same state that its been for the past decade/years.