Sherdog double standards

Ortega is a proven drug cheat too. The same people that bash Cyborg should all bash him and put him under the same kind of scrutiny for the rest of his career. Just sayin...
The difference here is how the two handled the situation.

Ortega immediately took responsibility for the failed test. And to be frank, looking at him today, one of the reasons no one is accusing him of PED's after last nights performance is because he doesn't look like he is using PED's. BTW, Ortega will still always face scrutiny (and rightly so), he just bought a lot of goodwill by owning the deed immediately.

Justino was not as forthcoming in 2011 and took a long time to own up to the actions. She handled the situation last year much better, and should be given props. But unlike Ortega, Cyborg still looks unnatural, that is just a reality. I am not suggesting that the eyeball is conclusive, but it is going to influence subjective opinion.

And I find it really disturbing that her stablemate, Gabi Garcia, is another freak of nature that transformed into the hulk in a relatively short period of time. What are the odds of the same camp have two female fighters looking like that naturally. Pretty astronomical if you ask me.

Is that fair? Probably not... but it is common sense...

The difference here is how the two handled the situation.

Ortega immediately took responsibility for the failed test. And to be frank, looking at him today, one of the reasons no one is accusing him of PED's after last nights performance is because he doesn't look like he is using PED's. BTW, Ortega will still always face scrutiny (and rightly so), he just bought a lot of goodwill by owning the deed immediately.

Justino was not as forthcoming in 2011 and took a long time to own up to the actions. She handled the situation last year much better, and should be given props. But unlike Ortega, Cyborg still looks unnatural, that is just a reality. I am not suggesting that the eyeball is conclusive, but it is going to influence subjective opinion.

And I find it really disturbing that her stablemate, Gabi Garcia, is another freak of nature that transformed into the hulk in a relatively short period of time. What are the odds of the same camp have two female fighters looking like that naturally. Pretty astronomical if you ask me.

Is that fair? Probably not... but it is common sense...
I get that man, and it´s like you said, it's pretty unfair to be judged by the looks instead of by facts. But....
"it issss what it isssss" - Florian

Who cares?

If this shit actually gets a rise out of you, I suggest getting a real hobby.

Ortega popped in 2014, 1st fight in the UFC :
"still my boy; He looks soft; Only popped once; He´s a humble kid; That was 3 years ago; But he apologized for his mistake; oh well, but USADA is ok with him now."

Cyborg popped only once in 2011 :
"Fuck that cheater; She´s ugly looks like Wanderlei; It doesn´t matter if she failed once, still a cheat; Who cares if it was not under USADA, she still cheated; everything she´s ever done is due to sterois."
<Fedor23>

By sherdog´s logic, nothing Ortega ever does in his undefeated career should really matter since he already popped for roids, therefore he should automatcially be considered a lying cheating scumbag for the rest of his career, right?

Cyborg again failed for a drug used to reverse the androgenic effects of anabolic steroids in women. She lied and failed to disclose said use. Yes, she was granted a retro-active TUE, which is pretty much bullshit. Yet it happens from time to time. Also, consider the following:

1. Even after allegedly coming off anabolic steroids, she has continued to gain lean muscle mass (this is reflected by her gain of 15 lbs. of lean mass between her 1st UFC contract and this one). Particularly difficult for a woman. Even more so for a woman engaged in a cardio-intensive sport.
2. Cyborg has also cheated by attempting to alter a weigh in scale.
3. Cyborg routinely beats up women one and two weight classes smaller than her.
4. Cyborg has missed weight on four different occasions, again, to fight smaller women.

So it is not just drug testing failure (twice) but a long history of cheating and failure to abide by contracted rules all to beat up smaller women than conspire to make Cyborg so reviled. (well, that and her refusal to accept responsibility for her own actions and her continued attempts to play the victim).

So there is a world of difference.

Using sherdog as a plataform for your stand up comedy show? You should try getting new jokes, this one is quite old.

Not a joke, and not anything "old" about it, either. Just a direct, current, reply to your posting of a man as a comparative specimen against which to measure Cyborg.

<3>
to you and your stupid trolling

Borg failed twice and it's obvious she's never stopped at any point.

Ortega is a proven drug cheat too. The same people that bash Cyborg should all bash him and put him under the same kind of scrutiny for the rest of his career. Just sayin...

This part of what you're saying, I actually have no problem with. Cheaters deserve whatever criticism they get.

I just happen to think that extends to Cyborg, as well. I can't tell exactly where you stand on the matter... seems you're saying we should all fuck off and leave all of the cheaters alone. If that's where you're at, I disagree.

Cyborg again failed for a drug used to reverse the androgenic effects of anabolic steroids in women. She lied and failed to disclose said use. Yes, she was granted a retro-active TUE, which is pretty much bullshit. Yet it happens from time to time. Also, consider the following:

1. Even after allegedly coming off anabolic steroids, she has continued to gain lean muscle mass (this is reflected by her gain of 15 lbs. of lean mass between her 1st UFC contract and this one). Particularly difficult for a woman. Even more so for a woman engaged in a cardio-intensive sport.
2. Cyborg has also cheated by attempting to alter a weigh in scale.
3. Cyborg routinely beats up women one and two weight classes smaller than her.
4. Cyborg has missed weight on four different occasions, again, to fight smaller women.

So it is not just drug testing failure (twice) but a long history of cheating and failure to abide by contracted rules all to beat up smaller women than conspire to make Cyborg so reviled. (well, that and her refusal to accept responsibility for her own actions and her continued attempts to play the victim).

So there is a world of difference.
99a.gif

I know you are just trying to start an argument because NO ONE is actually as stupid/dense as the op is trying to pretend to be.... but

How about this?

People, most of them at least, have the capacity to differentiate between someone who popped once (and probably used steroids more than just that one time) , and a woman who abused the mothefucking shit out of steroids to the point where she looks like a dude, has the jawline and Adam's apple of a football player, and has such a massive physical advantage over every other female fighter (including those who have used steroids just not to such extremes) as to make her fights utterly one sided non competitive beatings which offer her competition little more than a paycheck and a hope of escaping without long term damage.... if the ref saves them.

That's not a double standard so much as it is just people aren't a bunch of simpletons that can't grasp basic common sense when it is staring them in the face.

Steroid use vs steroid abuse

Common sense, not rocket appliances.

I get that man, and it´s like you said, it's pretty unfair to be judged by the looks instead of by facts. But....
"it issss what it isssss" - Florian
I hope Cyborg is clean.. she is a freak regardless, and a treat to watch... but I am just having a tough time believing her. Maybe time will change that fact.

I do think that she would buy a lot of goodwill by not doing things like suggesting Holly Holm is not being tested, or that she is being unfairly targeted... by owning the narrative that she understands her previous mistake will haunt her, but that she plans to welcome the increased scrutiny and use it to improve her legacy and silence her doubters, I believe it will force people to have a lot harder time discrediting her accomplishments.

I know you are just trying to start an argument because NO ONE is actually as stupid/dense as the op is trying to pretend to be.... but

How about this?

People, most of them at least, have the capacity to differentiate between someone who popped once (and probably used steroids more than just that one time) , and a woman who abused the mothefucking shit out of steroids to the point where she looks like a dude, has the jawline and Adam's apple of a football player, and has such a massive physical advantage over every other female fighter (including those who have used steroids just not to such extremes) as to make her fights utterly one sided non competitive beatings which offer her competition little more than a paycheck and a hope of escaping without long term damage.... if the ref saves them.

That's not a double standard so much as it is just people aren't a bunch of simpletons that can't grasp basic common sense when it is staring them in the face.

Steroid use vs steroid abuse

Common sense, not rocket appliances.
Really, so we should all just take your "unbiased" opinion instead of USADA tests?
<YeahOKJen>

TS is obviously a buthurt Brazilian filthy animal

Ortega popped in 2014, 1st fight in the UFC :
"still my boy; He looks soft; Only popped once; He´s a humble kid; That was 3 years ago; But he apologized for his mistake; oh well, but USADA is ok with him now."

Cyborg popped only once in 2011 :
"Fuck that cheater; She´s ugly looks like Wanderlei; It doesn´t matter if she failed once, still a cheat; Who cares if it was not under USADA, she still cheated; everything she´s ever done is due to sterois."
<Fedor23>

By sherdog´s logic, nothing Ortega ever does in his undefeated career should really matter since he already popped for roids, therefore he should automatcially be considered a lying cheating scumbag for the rest of his career, right?
Agreed. I'm a Cyborg fan despite her past use. I don't condemn AS, JBJ or Wandy, (who I'm a huge fan of, and can't stand AS or JBJ) because they did what they did. I don't have to like it, but I also don't judge them. I'm more concerned with Jones and his wrecks, or Lee Murray and his bank robberies, or Amar Suloev and his hitman status than I am with drug use.

Looks half chubby half buff to me. We all know Ronda gets thick quick out of competition.
Man, NOT a fan of Ronda, but I'm a thin 165lb dude...I WISH I was built like her here! OK, fine, I wish I was built more like Cyborg, but I'm looking at a pic of Ronda...don't judge me!

Jon Jones = dirty cheat.
Cro Cop = it’s okay he was a Pride fighter.

Back