***Sherdog Exclusive***Top 3 Performance Supplements, by David Barr

MikeMartial

Black Belt
Reaction score
Sherdog Exclusive:

The Top 3 Performance Supplements for Combat Athletes

By David Barr
The original text can be found at Raise the Barr, here.

Combat athletes (CA

Great stuff, thank you Mike and David. I'm going to look into carnitine, it sounds interesting.

I enjoyed the reading, but I don't agree with 1 or 3:)

I don't see why you'd disagree with creatine, it's one of the most reliably clinically proven supplements on the market.

Nope don't like it and have had a load of successful clients that never touch it.

I don't use creatine monohydrate, and am relatively successful.

This does not negate it's viability.

That is true, but most people come to me to make weight for a fight, or loose weight. granted it doesn't make a huge difference. But I don't have people on it. I won't tell them not to take it, but I don't recommend it as a staple.

Although I bought some Creatine years ago, because I had seen the results with some of my old high school nemesis's on the basketball court I never got around to using it.

That is true, but most people come to me to make weight for a fight, or loose weight. granted it doesn't make a huge difference. But I don't have people on it. I won't tell them not to take it, but I don't recommend it as a staple.

I can agree with that. It shouldn't ever be a staple.

See guys? Vedic isn't unreasonable, just takes some wit to get through the initial slamming of doors in your face. lol

Hahaha. Like I said I liked reading it. Just not my cup of tea:)

lol, like I said before, I think this pic sums up Vedic pretty well. And hell, he agreed:

Subtlety.jpg

Hahaha. Like I said I liked reading it. Just not my cup of tea

Let me put it like this:

I spend a good part of every single day dispelling the myth that creatine will DIRECTLY facilitate gains in muscle size. Like you drink it, you get bigger.

Other times I get the pleasure of telling parents that if they don't want their kids having any creatine then they better kill them as they stand, because their bodies are producing it right then and there.

It's fun mostly, if not redundant.

hahaha. But thanks for the new articles Dave, I enjoyed them.

Thanks to Dave and Mike. I was well aware of BA and creatine and very much a believer in them but I wasn't very aware of carnitine, so I'm going to look into this and see what's up.
Thanks.

Cool post. Thanks MM and Barr.
I have been looking into Carnitine for some time. I might pick it up.

Care to elaborate?

Just interested in your opinion as i already take Creatine Mono + BA.

It's just that most aminos in isolation (glutamine, arginine, taurine, etc.) get tons of hype, but really aren't proven to be very useful. I just figured carnitine, which also receives tons of hype, would fall into the same category.

Dave has done a fine job of dispelling the myths surrounding glutamine and arginine, so if he's recommending carnitine (which I've never really looked into), I'm listening.

Back