Sherdog forum are broken in Chrome, site ads resulting in excessive cpu and network bandwidth.

When I go to specific forums (eg UFC forum) sometimes old threads I've not posted in for ages will show up on the front page list.

Sherdog is going crazy lately.

For people still having issues with Chromium based browsers, I think I may have found a temporary fix. I'm still seeing the double scroll bar but at least its not very slow. Try deleting your cache/history data directory manually as shown below. Using the "delete private data" or "clear browsing data" alone will probably not work.

Go to /Users/Username/Appdata/Local/Chrome/User Data/Default directory (or where its set up on your computers configuration- eg single user, portable) and delete these files manually:
Cookies*, History*, Last Session, Last Tabs, Top Sites*, Visited Links, Web Data.

Let me know if it works.

When I go to specific forums (eg UFC forum) sometimes old threads I've not posted in for ages will show up on the front page list.

Sherdog is going crazy lately.

Some larger threads, I'll goto the middle pages and some will be blank/empty but the ones before it and after it show posts.

Youtube videos are not playing too when

Some larger threads, I'll goto the middle pages and some will be blank/empty but the ones before it and after it show posts.
I get that as well and logging in is starting to be an issue. It lags big time.

I never paid attention to notice the CPU usage, but damn right i noticed the constant logouts.

And what about the gifs/emoticons? Anyone else getting those "photobucket" disclaimers asking for Sherdog to subscribe to a premium account? Why can't yall just host the emoticons on your own forum server like everyother forum on the internet?

This should be stickied at this point.

Any update on this? Is Sherdog on Chrome still fucked?

I'd check, but I don't want my computer to explode.

JUST started getting the cookie popup shit on every page loag again.

It's crap on firefox too. Not just the forums but the whole site. Loads random dumb Flash shyt that freezes or crashes your browser.

Most MMA fans will migrate to Reddit and other forums if this keeps up for long.

it's crap on Opera too. pictures cut off in threads, high cpu usable. ad blockers go bananas showing upwards of 400 items blocked on a page. Sherdog's web designer should be fired.

It's crap on firefox too. Not just the forums but the whole site. Loads random dumb Flash shyt that freezes or crashes your browser.

Most MMA fans will migrate to Reddit and other forums if this keeps up for long.
Ublock Origin and/or noscript should nip that in the bud.

I'm lost as to why there's so many Chrome issues I don't use that browser if I can help it but it seemed OK when I tried it. I browsed the xenforo support forum but I couldn't see any body else bring it up as a problem.

I don't think Chrome even uses Flash any more and if you use Firefox set it to "Ask to activate"

I think Chrome has "scriptsafe" as their version of noscript add on. I think that's the best option to try for now and you don't need to activate most of the scripts like scorecardreasearch.

it's crap on Opera too. pictures cut off in threads, high cpu usable. ad blockers go bananas showing upwards of 400 items blocked on a page. Sherdog's web designer should be fired.
Is it normal pictures that get cut off or is the image from a twitter embed?

Ublock Origin and/or noscript should nip that in the bud.

I'm lost as to why there's so many Chrome issues I don't use that browser if I can help it but it seemed OK when I tried it. I browsed the xenforo support forum but I couldn't see any body else bring it up as a problem.

I don't think Chrome even uses Flash any more and if you use Firefox set it to "Ask to activate"

I think Chrome has "scriptsafe" as their version of noscript add on. I think that's the best option to try for now and you don't need to activate most of the scripts like scorecardreasearch.

Is it normal pictures that get cut off or is the image from a twitter embed?

I'm not sure if it's twitter or not since I can't see the whole images. I think so. and I use Ublock origin and that goes berzerk on Sherdog. Not just the forums but often the main page and news articles. Pages never finish loading. The heavies forum often sees over 400-500 items being blocked on a single page. No scripts means most of the forum images and videos don't work.

I also suffer constantly being logged out of the forums just from reading an article on Sherdog's main page or from visiting a fight-finder record. The whole site's been terrible for months. It actually runs better with the Edge browser which I don't care to use just for this site.

I'm not sure if it's twitter or not since I can't see the whole images. I think so. and I use Ublock origin and that goes berzerk on Sherdog. Not just the forums but often the main page and news articles. Pages never finish loading. The heavies forum often sees over 400-500 items being blocked on a single page. No scripts means most of the forum images and videos don't work.

I also suffer constantly being logged out of the forums just from reading an article on Sherdog's main page or from visiting a fight-finder record. The whole site's been terrible for months. It actually runs better with the Edge browser which I don't care to use just for this site.
With scripts it's just a matter of seeing what works, just allow twitter/facebook whatever to see embeds from those; I've only allowed sherdog.com and twitter.com on here. The only thing that caused things to half load for me was using the Privacy Badger add-on.

I can't seem to find the one thing on the users end that would cause so many people to have issues.

With scripts it's just a matter of seeing what works, just allow twitter/facebook whatever to see embeds from those; I've only allowed sherdog.com and twitter.com on here. The only thing that caused things to half load for me was using the Privacy Badger add-on.

I can't seem to find the one thing on the users end that would cause so many people to have issues.

Like I said, Opera has most of the same problems as Chrome and the forums are awful on both. I think it's the adblockers and advertisers scripts doing things to circumvent them. Obviously flash is a big problem. The only plugins I use on Chrome and Opera are LastPass and X-notifier, an email notify program. I use Ublock origin on Chrome and that goes nuts on Sherdog. I use the built-in adblocker in Opera and right now the main site won't even load with that turned on. If I turn the ad blocker off, the main page loads normally but if it's turned on it looks like this:

kNcl01f.jpg

Back