Sherdog forum are broken in Chrome, site ads resulting in excessive cpu and network bandwidth.

Like I said, Opera has most of the same problems as Chrome and the forums are awful on both. I think it's the adblockers and advertisers scripts doing things to circumvent them. Obviously flash is a big problem. The only plugins I use on Chrome and Opera are LastPass and X-notifier, an email notify program. I use Ublock origin on Chrome and that goes nuts on Sherdog. I use the built-in adblocker in Opera and right now the main site won't even load with that turned on. If I turn the ad blocker off, the main page loads normally but if it's turned on it looks like this:

kNcl01f.jpg
Opera is based on Chromium so it's not surprising. If you go to the Opera adblocking settings on manage exceptions you can enter this sites URL and it will show as normal but when you do that it also OK's the other stuff to run in the background. It seems to be an all or nothing blocker. Ublock doesn't do anything for me because the scripts are blocked already.

When you clear your cache and cookies you need to CLOSE THE BROWSER immediately. Then restart it.

The above has fixed a lot of my issues and I highly advising trying it.

Should you continue to have issues, PLEASE try to get a screencap in addition to a detailed explanation of the continuing issue and I will get it to the people in charge

http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/131883289/

Straight copypasting image from twitter https:// pbs.twimg.com/media/DE1TVeJU0AArhq-.jpg:large to bypass the half showing twitter embeds.

Url of the image on the post ends up being http:// tu9srvbirvvtmjekcgjzlnr3aw1nlmnvbq00.g00.sherdog.com/g00/2_Zm9ydW1zLnNoZXJkb2cuY29t_/TU9SRVBIRVVTMjEkaHR0cHM6Ly9wYnMudHdpbWcuY29tL21lZGlhL0RFMVRWZUpVMEFBcmhxLS5qcGc6bGFyZ2U%2FaTEwYy5tYXJrLmltYWdlLnR5cGU%3D_$/$/$

The redirects/caching or whatever it is you do on sherdogs end is slower and glitchier so why do it? Guess it's all the images on this forum, hadn't noticed before. Anyway was wondering why the page load was slow and sluggish. Vivaldi (Chromium).

Last edited:
I thought I was losing my mind about the site constantly logging me out. I actually was beginning to think someone had comprimised my account. I changed all my passwords...all my email passwords etc. Didnt make any difference.
Glad to find out I'm not the only one.
It does seem like it using more bandwidth then it should, I especially notice this on my phone as I pay attention to how much data I'm using more closely.

The above has fixed a lot of my issues and I highly advising trying it.

Should you continue to have issues, PLEASE try to get a screencap in addition to a detailed explanation of the continuing issue and I will get it to the people in charge

It worked temporarily. But as soon as I restarted my computer, the same crap started happening again. Double scroll bars, constant logouts despite me click keep me signed in. I was able to fix the ads that were killing my bandwidth by installing every single Chrome adblocker that's in their market place. I can use other browsers to fix it but frankly I don't like Firefox and I have a difficult time transitioning to Edge, I'm just so used to Chrome. I have no problems with the ads themselves but they were getting to the point where it was slowing down my computer and using a ridiculous amount of bandwidth to the point where it was throttling my broadband connection.

So is anyone actually trying to fix this site? my time on it has decreased greatly the past month or so since it basically cant be used in chrome and barely (somethimes) works in ie. I would just like to know as I am about to leave the site for good as it is more infuriating than anything. cant believe that they would just let this continue considering the size of the community here

I have been getting logged out today. I've also had the double scroll bar for awhile now, clearing cache/cookies hasn't worked.

any fix to this? sherdog constantly locks up computer, takes all my memory, and causes browser and other apps to crash. really unacceptable.

Sherdog is unusable on chrome. It's been this way for a few months. After I idle on a page for a bit it pulls my top tier system to a standstill. This is while using uBlock origin to kill the extreme ads on this site. I run a tight ship. The problem is on your end. I notice it becomes much worse with an embedded video on the page. It takes about a minute to start occurring. I need to exit out of sherdog while I browse other sites.

So what's the solution ?

Install Firefox or even Edge. They work better. Sherdog doesn't care really. They only care about the money they're making off ads.

Install Firefox or even Edge. They work better. Sherdog doesn't care really. They only care about the money they're making off ads.

I don't like having two browsers open all the time. I really prefer to use only one browser and chrome is my preferred choice. I just found a solution actually, and it's working so far. Instal ublock origin and ublock origin extra extensions on chrome. Give it a go, tell me if it works.

I don't like having two browsers open all the time. I really prefer to use only one browser and chrome is my preferred choice. I just found a solution actually, and it's working so far. Instal ublock origin and ublock origin extra extensions on chrome. Give it a go, tell me if it works.

Interesting. Sherdog.com is on the list of sites for ublock extra so it would seem Sherdog is deliberately doing things to screw with ad blockers. Ublock extra says:

A companion extension to uBlock Origin: to gain ability to foil early hostile anti-user mechanisms working around content blockers.
### Important

This extension is useful only on a predetermined set of sites, it won't do anything outside that specific set of sites. The following link shows on which sites uBO-Extra is useful:

https://github.com/gorhill/uBO-Extra/wiki/Sites-on-which-uBO-Extra-is-useful

ugh

ublock origin extra made the site instantly work properly. Sucks having to install an extension just because sherdog hates their users.

thanks for that, seems to have stopped the double refresh issue I was having.

refreshing my watched threads page is fast AF now!! <3 you

It's even more broken now. The thread layouts are all fucked up. Also site uses ridiculous amount of bandwidth.

Back