SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 101 movie!

Pick the SMC Week 101 Movie - Wes Anderson Special Edition!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excited for this movie though!

By R'lyeh the notification system works! Those poor babies didn't die for nothing!

Yeah it's Anderson. Excited would be to strong an emotion. I feel quirky, deadpan and a tad melancholic about all of this.

giphy.gif

Did you announce that publicly? Or did you just PM everyone individually?

PM.

But there is no need to be secreative about it. As long as you don't reveal what you nominated before the actual poll goes up

PM.

But there is no need to be secreative about it. As long as you don't reveal what you nominated before the actual poll goes up

You never did get answer my question about whether our two votes are specifically supposed to go toward films we did NOT nominate.

You never did get answer my question about whether our two votes are specifically supposed to go toward films we did NOT nominate.

I thought that was implied by the ostentatious manner of my reply.

Correct -- you are NOT allowed to vote for your own film. If you do that, said vote will be discontinued.

I granted every member 2 votes in hope that it would lessen the risk of scoring a draw. Especially considering with so many nominations presents, there are high likelihoods of a draw or even a three-way draw if everyone just have 1 vote.

I'm seeing Isle of Dogs tomorrow. I might have to turn this week into a Wes Anderson binge week.

Not sure if applauding for Budapest Hotel or for the Notification System working. Either way, it's swell.

I tell ya, when all you grasshoppers started buzzing into this thread I felt like Frodo waking up a Rivendale at the end of Return of the King and everyone of the fellowship threading in to greet him.

Last edited:
Have you watched Fantastic Mr. Fox?
Yes I have. That's probably my favorite of his, and the one that made him a director that I'm always excited to see new work from. The funny thing about Wes Anderson to me is that I've seen all of his films only once, with those viewings of his first 5 films being around 10 years ago. I guess for me it was because I liked his last 3 films quite a bit more than his previous work, so I've kind of just looked forward to his new films without feeling the need to revisit his earlier career. But it's been long enough now that I need a marathon of his complete filmography to know where I stand. I barely remember Bottle Rocket, Rushmore, and Life Aquatic.

I'm seeing Isle of Dogs tomorrow. I might have to turn this week into a Wes Anderson binge week.

I just got back from seeing it. Really enjoyed it. Really beautiful movie, physically speaking. Also kind of beautiful emotionally.
<mma1>

Back