SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 115 Movie!

Let's pick the week 115 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't got a whole list in mind of B movies but one of the best ones I've ever seen is "Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil". I found that on Netflix randomly and it's legit better than 90% of shit out there these days.

I don't got a whole list in mind of B movies but one of the best ones I've ever seen is "Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil". I found that on Netflix randomly and it's legit better than 90% of shit out there these days.

It's one I plan to nominate eventually. You're welcome to beat me to it.

We Have a Winner!

Cockneys vs. Zombies (2012)!

gBy11fass089dzCC8jddlt3sJdc.jpg

Cockneys vs Zombies narrowly beats out the film by the Oscar-awarded director! This might be the most disreputable movies we've ever had in the Club. Just look at that title! Personally, I'm just glad The Champ didn't win. That's one lousy movie! Harlem Nights isn't that great either, being pretty surly and grumpy for what's supposed to be a comedy.

Sending Out the Sumo Stomp! @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @jei @Moretti @LHWBelt @PommyBen @DeusExMachida @ArtemV

stomp.gif

It sounded so bad I couldn't not vote for it. If it's anything as bad as Navy Seals vs Zombies, it's going to be a hoot to write about.

I’m not big fan on uk zombie boom, but trailer was actually pretty funny! Looking forward for this.

If it's anything as bad as Navy Seals vs Zombies, it's going to be a hoot to write about.

I just hope it isn't as bad as Navy Seals

upload_2018-7-13_22-44-39.jpeg

Personally, I wanted Property is No Longer a Theft (1973) to win since it's director made the Oscar-winning film Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. Great movie.

indagine.jpg

51ZK37G4H7L._SY445_.jpg

I forgot to add this one to my B-movie list, but has anyone ever seen Death Game 1977? That's one intense, fever-dream nightmare of a movie. It was remade with Keanu Reeves as Knock, Knock.

Hell Comes to Frogtown

giphy.gif

The Final Sacrifice

0feb77abfacdf044c9889b070bc8ce35.jpg

Bloodsucking Pharaohs in Pittsburgh

You know, every time I see your location as The Egyptian Part of Pitsburg, my brain automatically thinks that you're making a Blood Feast movie... but instead it's this bloody picture that I haven't seen! It's driving me mad!:mad:

This just proves you can't put cock and zombies in a movie title because the SMC can't resist voting for it.

Personally, I wanted Property is No Longer a Theft (1973) to win since it's director made the Oscar-winning film Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion. Great movie.

indagine.jpg
It was obviously best of the bunch, but two Italian movies in a row would have been too much!

upload_2018-7-14_0-37-48.jpeg

I forgot to add this one to my B-movie list, but has anyone ever seen Death Game 1977? That's one intense, fever-dream nightmare of a movie. It was remade with Keanu Reeves as Knock, Knock.

Hmm, now I want to see it.

I was actually going to vote for Cockney Zombies, for it sounded entertaining and funny. I hope it delivers! I hope it is something like Shaun of the Dead.

Most people don't even know what a real B-Movie is. They originally started as a companion to the main attraction in a double feature. Yes, people used to go see double features.

B-mov·ie
[ˈbēˌmo͞ovē]
NOUN
B-movies (plural noun)
  1. a low-budget movie, especially (formerly) one made for use as a companion to the main attraction in a double feature.
    "a B-movie actress"

So movies like The Thing would be excluded because it had a budget of 20 million dollars.

Yeah, I know what B-movie means in the golden age of cinema sense, but the consensus when I was growing up is that they’re the horror/exploitation/grindhouse/drive-in or however you want to group and label it. Basically, the stuff you wouldn’t want your mom catch you watching, unless you had a cool mom.

51ZK37G4H7L._SY445_.jpg

Haven’t seen it, but will add it to the queue. I can only imagine that @Cubo de Sangre ’s interest perked up since a writer from Playboy gave it a good review.

Long live Roddy Piper and Bruce J. Mitchell!

I can tell you that there’s beer embedded in Piper’s skull here.

You know, every time I see your location as The Egyptian Part of Pitsburg, my brain automatically thinks that you're making a Blood Feast movie... but instead it's this bloody picture that I haven't seen! It's driving me mad!:mad:

I’ve got an extra Blu-Ray copy. Region free. Give me an address, and I’ll send it to you. If interested, of course.

I’ve got an extra Blu-Ray copy. Region free. Give me an address, and I’ll send it to you. If interested, of course.

That's mighty kind of you.

But it won't be necessary.

To tell you the truth... my Blu-Ray player is actually my old PS3 and I barely use it.:eek:

Needless to say, this won't stop me from being driven mad when you force me to think of Blood Feast all the time:p

Haven’t seen it, but will add it to the queue. I can only imagine that @Cubo de Sangre ’s interest perked up since a writer from Playboy gave it a good review.

It's the 70's, who reviewed sleazy B-movies expect Playboy? Joe Bob Briggs hadn't even started yet:D

Yeah, I know what B-movie means in the golden age of cinema sense, but the consensus when I was growing up is that they’re the horror/exploitation/grindhouse/drive-in or however you want to group and label it. Basically, the stuff you wouldn’t want your mom catch you watching, unless you had a cool mom.

Yea but it generally has to have a low budget doesn't it? You can't say a movie with a 20 million dollar budget is a "B-Movie."

I can tell you that there’s beer embedded in Piper’s skull here.

The fact that Roddy is in They Live and the SMC has watched it makes that clip even better. What a savage. If he wants you to put on the glasses you should just put them on.

Back