SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 116 Movie!

Let's pick the week 116 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

europe1

It´s a nice peninsula to Asia
@Steel
Reaction score
NOTE to NON-MEMBERS: Interested in joining the SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB? Shoot me a PM for more info!

Here's a quick list of all movies watched by the SMC. Or if you prefer, here's a more detailed examination.

2ea1b3.jpg

The barking deer speaks!

I went with movies I haven't seen before, but there's a particular reason as to what draws me to wanting to watch them.

Obviously, he's copying the europe1 meta.:cool:

It! The Terror From Beyond Space (1958)

MV5BZTZhODlhNWQtODg3YS00MGI2LThiYjUtNGU5NTkwYTZhMmM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,648,1000_AL_.jpg

Director: Edward L. Cahn

Stars: Marshall Thompson, Shirley Patterson, Kim Spalding

Premise: The first manned expedition to Mars is decimated by an unknown life form which stows away on the rescue ship.

Why the muntjac picked it: Apparently, this is basically Ridley Scott's Alien before Alien. I want to watch it to see how similar the stories really are.

Thriller: A Cruel Picture/They Call Her One Eye (1973)

they-call-her-one-eye.jpg

Director: Bo Arne Vibenius

Stars: Christina Lindberg, Heinz Hopf, Despina Tomazani

Premise: A young woman, muted after a sexual assault as a child, is trained to seek violent revenge on those who have wronged her after being kidnapped and forced to work as a prostitute.

Why the muntjac picked it: Whichever title you want to call it, Quentin Tarantino drew inspiration from this movie for Kill Bill, and I really like those movies. I figure I should visit the well that Tarantino drew from.

Crimewave (1985)

crimewave.jpg

Director: Sam Raimi

Stars: Louise Lasser, Brion James, Paul L. Smith

Premise: A pair of whacked-out cartoon-like exterminator/hitmen kill the owner of a burglar-alarm company, and stalk the partner who hired them, his wife, and a nerd framed for the murder, who tells the story in flashback from the electric chair.

Why the muntjac picked it: An oddball comedy written by the Coen Brothers, and directed by Sam Raimi? Sign me up.

Boss N***** (1975)

boss n.jpg

Director: Jack Arnold

Stars: Fred Williamson, D'Urville Martin, William Smith (fucking Will Smith is in this?:D)

Premise: Two black bounty hunters ride into a small town out West in pursuit of an outlaw. They discover that the town has no sheriff, and soon take over that position, much against the will of the mostly white townsfolk. They raise hell, chase women, and milk the locals for cash, while waiting for the opportunity to get their man.

Why the muntjac picked it: I've only seen a small amount of blaxplotation films, and I liked Coffy when we watched it several weeks ago. So I want to see more, and when going through a list of these films, naturally the title of this one caught my eye. But then I saw that Fred Williamson co-wrote, co-produced, and starred in it, so that peaked my interest. And then the director, Jack Arnold, is the same guy who directed Creature From the Black Lagoon, so that peaked my interest even more.

Members: @europe1 @MusterX @Scott Parker 27 @the muntjac @Cubo de Sangre @sickc0d3r @chickenluver @FrontNakedChoke @AndersonsFoot @Tufts @Coolthulu @Yotsuya @jei @Moretti @LHWBelt @PommyBen @Deus Ex Machina @ArtemV

the muntjac's Top Theme for this Week is "Your Top 5 favorite 2018 Release Date movies so far this year."

Last edited:
Just as an announcement, I'm instating my week next week, so instead of doing cubo's Nominations we're doing mine. I skipped mine last time so to push it forward a few weeks, remember.

I have not heard of any of these before, Boss N***** sounds interesting though.

This is really a list after my own heart. Bunch of B-movie fascinations of different genres

I've seen 3½ of them (saw one when I was young and drifted in-and-out of sleep). So, naturally, I'll be voting for that one.:cool:

Not sure I know any dates for 2018 movies. Only one on my radar is the new Tarantino movie (Once Upon A Time In Hollywood). Of is that 2019?

Just as an announcement, I'm instating my week next week, so instead of doing cubo's Nominations we're doing mine. I skipped mine last time so to push it forward a few weeks, remember.

Mike+Woodson+Face.gif

What an interesting selection, they all look pretty fun and i've never seen any of them. I went for boss :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: just because ive seen other fred williamson movies and enjoyed them.
However this is a week where i am looking forward to seeing any of the 4

Unfortunately I haven't seen a lot of films in the theater this year, so my list is pretty light on new releases:

1) Infinity War
2) Black Panther
3) Deadpool 2
4) A Quiet Place
5) Upgrade

I went for boss :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: just because ive seen other fred williamson movies and enjoyed them.

Forgot to tell you, we have a rule against saying which movie we've voted for until the poll runs out, so to not influence others.:cool:

Forgot to tell you, we have a rule against saying which movie we've voted for until the poll runs out, so to not influence others.:cool:

Bugger, sorry about that, i suppose i only get half a strike seeing as the censors only let me write half the name?

My Top 5 Movies of 2018 so far.......

The Death of Stalin

Upgrade

Lean on Pete

Goldstone

First Reformed

<Oku03>

Bugger, sorry about that, i suppose i only get half a strike seeing as the censors only let me write half the name?

giphy.gif

Also, I accidentally tagged Deus Ex Machida instead of you in the Bat-signal. He's going to have a strange suprise waiting for him the next time he logs onto Sherdog:oops:

The Death of Stalin

Would top my list,

but it's from 2017:oops:

They all look terrible lol but I am leaning a particular direction.

I've only seen 8 films from 2018, wasn't all that wild on any of them.

1. Infinity War
2. Black Panter
3. Ant-Man and the Wasp
4. Annihilation
5. The Cloverfield Paradox

Back