SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 116 Movie!

Let's pick the week 116 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I wanted to see this, but it was in my theater for like a blink of an eye. I take it you guys liked it?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Annihilation
Fly Rocket Fly
The Man Who Killed Don Quiote
St. Bernard’s Syndicate
Wild Boys (released 2017 but I think it will open 2018 in most areas)
+ First hour of Avengers Infinity War was a ton of fun

(I have attended one film festival this year and on top of that been to movies only once, so every fresh release I’ve seen made it to the list.)

JFC, I've only seen one movie that came out this year. I liked it, though, so there's that.

1. Solo: A Star Wars Story

I haven't seen any movies that came out this year

<{Joewithit}>

I really want to see Hereditary though.

I haven't seen any movies that came out this year

<{Joewithit}>

I really want to see Hereditary though.

Shit looks crazy on the trailer. My oldest son asked me when he was about 8 years old, daddy would you go in a haunted house? I told him son I'll do it but I'm going to need bottle of whiskey and a stick. That's how I feel when I watch the trailer for Hereditary.

Shit looks crazy on the trailer. My oldest son asked me when he was about 8 years old, daddy would you go in a haunted house? I told him son I'll do it but I'm going to need bottle of whiskey and a stick. That's how I feel when I watch the trailer for Hereditary.

lol!

My friend sold me on watching it. I watched about 3 seconds of the trailer before trying to find the movie.

Can't find a version that's not filmed in a movie theater though :rolleyes:

lol!

My friend sold me on watching it. I watched about 3 seconds of the trailer before trying to find the movie.

Can't find a version that's not filmed in a movie theater though :rolleyes:

Yea usually you can't pop on the net and find a film unless its at least made it to Blu-Ray. I think that's usually when they "become available." I also don't see it in any of the usual places. Last night I watched the Shamalamadingdong film Split.

MV5BZTJiNGM2NjItNDRiYy00ZjY0LTgwNTItZDBmZGRlODQ4YThkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY5ODI4NDk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Yea usually you can't pop on the net and find a film unless its at least made it to Blu-Ray. I think that's usually when they "become available." I also don't see it in any of the usual places. Last night I watched the Shamalamadingdong film Split.

MV5BZTJiNGM2NjItNDRiYy00ZjY0LTgwNTItZDBmZGRlODQ4YThkL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjY5ODI4NDk@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

Still haven't seen that either.

I've really been slacking on modern movies.

Boss N**** blu-ray release date 14.8.2018

Split was good and unusual. Dingdong still has it.

Boss N**** blu-ray release date 14.8.2018

Split was good and unusual. Dingdong still has it.

I think he wants to build his own universe like Tarantino or something. Split is in some way connected to Unbreakable.

I think he wants to build his own universe like Tarantino or something. Split is in some way connected to Unbreakable.
Yeah, I'm pretty ambivalent to that. I'm happy as long as he keeps making movies.

(Ooops, actually I changed my mind about posting that bd release date info, but browser had saved the text and it got stacked with next post.)

Last edited:
I laughed at White man's town...black man's law! and Part devil...part legend...all man!

That theme song is wicked.

Mostly I laughed at the "My slave master said that to me once, I've been wanting to say it for years" comment.

That video was made due to my loathing of cheap reaction videos and Let's Plays. It was more of an experiment to see if it would get more traffic than other stuff I've actually put effort into. So yeah, I was being derisive towards what gets popular on the internet, hence the excessive swearing.

Nice try compadre. We all knew it was your genuine emotions welling up from the situation at hand. I had the exact same reaction when I beat Ninja Gaiden.

And by beat I mean came to the final boss and couldn't make it any farther.

And by beat I mean I used save-states.

Last edited:
Nice try compadre. We all knew it was your genuine emotions welling up from the situation at hand.

It was genuine in the fact that it was me actually beating the game for the first time, but everything else was hammed up for effect.

I had the exact same reaction when I beat Ninja Gaiden.

And by beat I mean came to the final boss and couldn't make it any farther.

And by beat I mean used save-states.

Beating Ninja Gaiden separates the men from the incredibly nerdy video game players with too much time on their hands. Pfft, you used save states? What are you, a man with higher obligations in life that aren’t mastering a 30-year-old video game? Loser.

It’s moments like this where I hope my facetiousness comes through in text form. These jokes are better suited for in-person interactions.

Last edited:
What an interesting selection, they all look pretty fun and i've never seen any of them. I went for boss :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: just because ive seen other fred williamson movies and enjoyed them.
However this is a week where i am looking forward to seeing any of the 4

<Deported1>

1. Red Sparrow - just watched it on the plane. Pretty brutal
2. Isle of Dogs - coz dogs duh!
3. Aquaman - coz Drogo rocks
4. Deadpool 2
5. Oceans 8

I meant to ask this before, were you climbing the Sao Jorge castle in Lisbon?

No it was the Gruyere Castle in Gruyere and then later the Guimaraes Castle in Northern Portugal :) only thing I did in Lisbon was spend 5 hours at the airport there today!

Back