SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 116 Movie!

Let's pick the week 116 Movie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liked it quite a bit. The lead was super freaky.

You know its really bizarre. Right after I watched Split, the next day, I saw a bunch of stuff about Roseanne Barr having what is referred to in the film as DID, which used to be called multiple personality disorder. I don't mean she has it a little bit, she has a huge number of personalities. She refers to normal people as "Singletons." Just the way the article dialogue went was so weird but explained so much about why she has always seemed a bit off to me.

th

She tells a story of how when she was eight her neighbor would lock her in his garage and chase her around saying Hitler was right. Or she would say, "Jews like to talk with their mouths full." and then throw her head back and laugh and I can just picture Roseanne doing that and I would think, well, she is a comedian, but no, she has multiple personalities. Here is an excerpt from the article. Check out the types of experiences she was having as a child. Supposedly she already had DID like the guy in Split by the time this incident happened.

“We’re driving over Donner Pass and it’s snowing. Did I mention it was winter? That’s my parents. Disneyland in winter. They had to booby-trap everything. Anyway, we got there. My sister is seven, I’m eight. My brother is probably thirteen months old. He’s in his little snowsuit; he has to be carried. My dad decides he wants to go on the gondola. So me and my mom go in the first gondola. My dad and my little sister and the baby go in the one behind us. We start out, and then we hear my father shouting. He’s like, `Helen! Helen! Look!’

“My mom turns around. And then she turns right back, and she just goes totally stiff. She hisses to me, `Don’t turn around! Whatever you do, don’t look at him!’ Because to him everything was funny, you know? You didn’t want to encourage him because whenever he was fucking doing something like that, something would always go horribly wrong at the end because he’s such an idiot.

“So of course I turn around. My father is holding the baby out the window of the gondola. He’s holding him under his little arms, you know, dangling him there in his yellow snowsuit.

“My mother is digging her fingers into my leg. And my sister is screaming and the baby is screaming and my mother is screaming, and my father is laughing this maniacal laugh, and I just kind of snapped. I was eight years old. I let my father have it. I fuckin’ barraged him with the kind of language—I mean, the words that came out of my mouth, I didn’t even know I knew them! I just kept yelling and yelling, and it lasted forever, but finally my father sort of snapped to. He looked at me funny, and then he looked at the baby. And then he just pulled my brother back inside and it was over.

“And then we get off the gondola, and my father’s like, `Line up! We’re taking a family picture!’ And I’m shaking. I think I had gone to the bathroom in my pants. I’m just standing there. I’m totally spaced out. I’m totally dissociated out. And he comes over, like he always did, and he cracks me in the back of my head with the palm of his hand and then pushes me over there to take the picture. And then he goes, `Okay, everybody, let’s have a great big smile!’”
http://reprints.longform.org/the-multitudes-of-roseanne-barr

This is a list of people that have been discovered living within her.

There, a seeming afterthought to the text, was a list of names, “the people who share my body”: 2, Baby, Cindy, Susan, Nobody, Somebody, Joey, Heather, Roger, Kevin, Evangelina, Vangie, Martha, Mother, Piggy, Fucker, Bambi, Rosey, Roseanne, ONE.

You know its really bizarre. Right after I watched Split, the next day, I saw a bunch of stuff about Roseanne Barr having what is referred to in the film as DID, which used to be called multiple personality disorder. I don't mean she has it a little bit, she has a huge number of personalities. She refers to normal people as "Singletons." Just the way the article dialogue went was so weird but explained so much about why she has always seemed a bit off to me.

th

She tells a story of how when she was eight her neighbor would lock her in his garage and chase her around saying Hitler was right. Or she would say, "Jews like to talk with their mouths full." and then throw her head back and laugh and I can just picture Roseanne doing that and I would think, well, she is a comedian, but no, she has multiple personalities. Here is an excerpt from the article. Check out the types of experiences she was having as a child. Supposedly she already had DID like the guy in Split by the time this incident happened.

“We’re driving over Donner Pass and it’s snowing. Did I mention it was winter? That’s my parents. Disneyland in winter. They had to booby-trap everything. Anyway, we got there. My sister is seven, I’m eight. My brother is probably thirteen months old. He’s in his little snowsuit; he has to be carried. My dad decides he wants to go on the gondola. So me and my mom go in the first gondola. My dad and my little sister and the baby go in the one behind us. We start out, and then we hear my father shouting. He’s like, `Helen! Helen! Look!’

“My mom turns around. And then she turns right back, and she just goes totally stiff. She hisses to me, `Don’t turn around! Whatever you do, don’t look at him!’ Because to him everything was funny, you know? You didn’t want to encourage him because whenever he was fucking doing something like that, something would always go horribly wrong at the end because he’s such an idiot.

“So of course I turn around. My father is holding the baby out the window of the gondola. He’s holding him under his little arms, you know, dangling him there in his yellow snowsuit.

“My mother is digging her fingers into my leg. And my sister is screaming and the baby is screaming and my mother is screaming, and my father is laughing this maniacal laugh, and I just kind of snapped. I was eight years old. I let my father have it. I fuckin’ barraged him with the kind of language—I mean, the words that came out of my mouth, I didn’t even know I knew them! I just kept yelling and yelling, and it lasted forever, but finally my father sort of snapped to. He looked at me funny, and then he looked at the baby. And then he just pulled my brother back inside and it was over.

“And then we get off the gondola, and my father’s like, `Line up! We’re taking a family picture!’ And I’m shaking. I think I had gone to the bathroom in my pants. I’m just standing there. I’m totally spaced out. I’m totally dissociated out. And he comes over, like he always did, and he cracks me in the back of my head with the palm of his hand and then pushes me over there to take the picture. And then he goes, `Okay, everybody, let’s have a great big smile!’”
http://reprints.longform.org/the-multitudes-of-roseanne-barr

This is a list of people that have been discovered living within her.

There, a seeming afterthought to the text, was a list of names, “the people who share my body”: 2, Baby, Cindy, Susan, Nobody, Somebody, Joey, Heather, Roger, Kevin, Evangelina, Vangie, Martha, Mother, Piggy, Fucker, Bambi, Rosey, Roseanne, ONE.

Talking about Roseanne, in the movie club thread? This makes me miss Shadow.

I hope he’s enjoying being a Grand Wizard.

I had a good joke for this but I don't want to risk getting carded.

The Boss one for me please.

Talking about Roseanne, in the movie club thread? This makes me miss Shadow.

I hope he’s enjoying being a Grand Wizard.

LMAO a Grand Wizard.

th

tumblr_mbti3b58ed1qhy412o1_500.gif

Well, I think the stage is too big. We just got to sticky status after 100+ weeks and I don't think we can let Boss win. Its not a good look even if its done in the name of film history. I have to flip my vote to Crimewave.

Well, I think the stage is too big. We just got to sticky status after 100+ weeks and I don't think we can let Boss win. Its not a good look even if its done in the name of film history. I have to flip my vote to Crimewave.

5rfC.gif

@MusterX confirmed PC censorship shill.

Back