Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1) Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors

2) Killer Klowns From Outer Space

3) Fright Night

4) Ghostbusters

5) Little Shop of Horrors

80’s was the golden era of band soundtracks!

Honestly, every Bond movie besides Octopussy (It was Carly Simon's "All Time High" as the theme) and Dr. No would win. So basically it's "what are jei's top five Bond movies"?

Bobby Womack: Across 110th Street
Superfly is the best blaxploitation movie soundtrack, but this is the best theme song, hands down.

David Bowie: Cat People
Theme song from one of the GOAT songs of the 80’s band soundtracks.

Nora Orlandi: A doppia faccia
Italian representative. A really addictive song once it gets going after the piano intro.

Ruby Keeler: 42nd Street
30’s representative. I love this tune with all the screaming, gunfire and siren wailing. It’s so damn modern and brash.

Django theme
Here’s a psychedelic karaoke version by Atsushi Tsuyama. It’s one the only two songs I’ve ever uploaded to YouTube.

Last edited:
Was that in the Steve Martin movie? What a fun movie that was.

<{cruzshake}>

The movie it's inspired by, 1950's Cyrano de Bergerac is superb though, with Jose Ferrer giving one of the most bombastic and charismatic performances of all time.

People shit on Lynch

They do!? Point me in their direction!

tenor.gif

but he is a bonafide genius at setting a mood using music

giphy.gif

2. Stayin' Alive

Not to sound cold-blooded or anything, but of all the songs people have listed here, this is the only one I actually think is good (a few are okay).

Staying Alive is a pretty good movie. Got to love that crazy ending.

WRZQ4N.gif

5. Xanadu

Is roller skating while listening to songs from Xanadu mandated by law? I would imagine that to be the case.

I have an acute case of dyslexia. I use a word-corrector to counteract this but sometimes... I just like it the way I naturally spell it, no matter what that red line at the bottom is trying to tell me.

Honestly, every Bond movie besides Octopussy (It was Carly Simon's "All Time High" as the theme) and Dr. No would win. So basically it's "what are jei's top five Bond movies"?

Goldfinger > Thunderball > Live Twice > everything else

Django theme
Here’s a psychedelic karaoke version by Atsushi Tsuyama. It’s one the only two songs I’ve ever uploaded to YouTube.

To be brutally honest... that sounds garishly abysmal. It's even worse than the Takashi Miike version of the score:D

To be brutally honest... that sounds garishly abysmal. It's even worse than the Takashi Miike version of the score:D
Japanese freakout psychedelia is not for everyone. :D I can stomach maybe 20% of what that dude is involved in, but I could listen to that Django cover all day long.

One of the best theme songs ever. I love it how it runs through the movie like a narrator. Also gets me into good mood every time I hear it.

Yeah, it totally gets me pumped. Funny thing, while doing a little research for this week it finally came to my attention that the song came first and they wrote the movie around it. So instead of a song describing the film to a tee it's a film adapted from a song.

The movie it's inspired by, 1950's Cyrano de Bergerac is superb though, with Jose Ferrer giving one of the most bombastic and charismatic performances of all time.

Fuck that old shit.

Yeah, it totally gets me pumped. Funny thing, while doing a little research for this week it finally came to my attention that the song came first and they wrote the movie around it. So instead of a song describing the film to a tee it's a film adapted from a song.
Well, I’ll be damned! I did not even know, that there was a complete song until I saw in the first post of this thread. I always thought they just recorded the different segments separately.

Is roller skating while listening to songs from Xanadu mandated by law? I would imagine that to be the case.

Especially if you are a girl in your early teens who lives on a sunny coast. What else is there to do all summer. :p

I have an acute case of dyslexia. I use a word-corrector to counteract this but sometimes... I just like it the way I naturally spell it, no matter what that red line at the bottom is trying to tell me.

giphy.gif

Are we waiting on anyone to vote....

Last edited:
Are we waiting on anyone to vote........

3 people left to vote.

Please edit out that last bit

Great gif btw. Might have to steal it

Convoy and Over the Edge

Back