SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: Let's pick the Week 118 Movie! [Double-Feature]

Let's pick the week 118 Movie

• Theme 3: How to Beat the High Cost of Living / 9 to 5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Clearly the club can’t handle choosing two movies with multiple names in the title! Forget about reading academic essays!

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Good. I didn't want to watch Good Morning, Vietnam again.

giphy.gif

This is what I was hoping for. I wanted an excuse to watch Convoy again (saw it once ages ago and remember virtually nothing) and Over the Edge was the most interesting sounding and looking film of the ones I'd never seen.

Finally in one of my weeks you dudees make the right selection. :D

There's seriously 6 people in here who think that Good Morning, Vietnam is a good movie, huh?

Clearly those folks were voting for Salvador. :cool:

giphy.gif

This is what I was hoping for. I wanted an excuse to watch Convoy again (saw it once ages ago and remember virtually nothing) and Over the Edge was the most interesting sounding and looking film of the ones I'd never seen.

It's a lot more back-to-back fun than the other option. Even though it's Robin Williams doing his thing, I still consider GMV a drama. Not sure about everyone else. This is the perfect beer drinking week. It's practically mandatory!!

<note to self: pick up 12-pack of something cheap>

You can make it a triple feature.

Maybe I will. I completely forgot about this song though. Fits right in with your Top 5 theme.

It may not be called Over the Top, but it was made for the movie, and the Red Rocker himself says the phrase Over the Top in the song. So, I’mma allow it.

Maybe I will. I completely forgot about this song though. Fits right in with your Top 5 theme.

It may not be called Over the Top, but it was made for the movie, and the Red Rocker himself says the phrase Over the Top in the song. So, I’mma allow it.

Watch it last then. I don't want you peterbilting out on me during Convoy. :mad::D

Good enough. And you may have noticed, I already broke that rule with the Caddyshack theme that ain't got Caddyshack in the title.

<13>

Based on that Hagar, you might like this one.

These both look good so I'm pumped, yet sad that my rebellion against the theme failed.

You dissing your own nominations...

giphy.gif

No. Just GMV. :D

I needed something to go with Salvador, it was a great movie back in the day, and I haven't seen it for 30 years. Salvador I would otherwise nominate on its own, but not GMV. Part of me wants to watch it and part of me thinks it's best not to taint the memory of such a wonderful theatrical experience.

No. Just GMV. :D

I needed something to go with Salvador, it was a great movie back in the day, and I haven't seen it for 30 years. Salvador I would otherwise nominate on its own, but not GMV. Part of me wants to watch it and part of me thinks it's best not to taint the memory of such a wonderful theatrical experience.
Somehow I've never seen Salvador, as much as I am a Stone fan. I've always loved GMV, though. Seen it many times since it's a regular on the pay channels, but it's one of those movies I won't watch to the end anymore. I'm just in it for the humors and then bailing.

Somehow I've never seen Salvador, as much as I am a Stone fan.

To me it's a James Woods movie. Practically a surprise every time I'm reminded it's Stone. In terms of mood, a good comparison might be Midnight Express.

Watch it last then. I don't want you peterbilting out on me during Convoy. :mad::D

I'm going watch Over the Top three times in a row instead. I hope Over the Edge and Convoy have a lot to do with arm wrestling and child custody.

Based on that Hagar, you might like this one.

Oh yes, I'm familiar. They also have a song in Transformers: The Movie. The 80s cartoon one; the only Transformers film that I will acknowledge.

The drummer of the band, Carmine Appice, once formed a band with Jeff Beck that's pretty rockin'. His brother, Vinny Appice, notably drummed with Black Sabbath during the Dio years.

In muntjac's defense, his mistake would actually still make for a coherent pairing, as an Over the Top/Convoy double-feature would have a solid trucker theme :D

giphy.gif

How I felt going into your Way of the Dragon dissertations -
giphy.gif

But in reality, this is how it would end for me.
Timestamped and stop at 0:24. (Or just watch it all because it's great.)

Back