SHERDOG MOVIE CLUB: WEEK 114: Coherence

Yep, you definately can't please everyone, though my first week selecting could well unite the group....albeit in hatred lol.

That wasn't really my point. I am talking about the method of selection but yes, you are correct, you can't please everyone. I'll tell you this though, there are several members of this club that have seen a shit ton of movies over their lifetime and if you select bad movies, we are going to let you know about it.

That wasn't really my point. I am talking about the method of selection but yes, you are correct, you can't please everyone. I'll tell you this though, there are several members of this club that have seen a shit ton of movies over their lifetime and if you select bad movies, we are going to let you know about it.

As well you should, i joined the club to discover some new movies and get a level of discourse on them my regular social circle can't provide, i apreciate that.

Should be interesting to see the cockneys v zombies reviews.....

Whats wrong @Tufts , you didn't want in on this?

I do! I bought the movie on iTunes, but then was not able to watch it anywhere, cause I didn’t have enough Wi-Fi to download it to my phone. Ive been on da road all over the old continent. I am back on the mainland, as of about one hour ago! Im at the airport enjoying United Cub WiFi! I hope to watch it once I actually make it back home which will be in three or four days. And then I’ll go back to the post and read what you boys had to say and add my two cents! I know I’m behind, apologies!

I do! I bought the movie on iTunes, but then was not able to watch it anywhere, cause I didn’t have enough Wi-Fi to download it to my phone. Ive been on da road all over the old continent. I am back on the mainland, as of about one hour ago! Im at the airport enjoying United Cub WiFi! I hope to watch it once I actually make it back home which will be in three or four days. And then I’ll go back to the post and read what you boys had to say and add my two cents! I know I’m behind, apologies!

You don't have to, the week is over, but yea, I would recommend Coherence to anyone. I feel like its worth watching. If you do watch it mention me in your post so I can come look and respond.

You don't have to, the week is over, but yea, I would recommend Coherence to anyone. I feel like its worth watching. If you do watch it mention me in your post so I can come look and respond.

giphy.gif

Like the cuts to black, I took this to mean something. Never figured it out though. :D

Seems like it would have to affect areas and it's a bit of a flaw that nobody else came out of their houses or was out driving. But that would be endlessly complicated so best to just pretend the rest of the world doesn't exist.

I think the scope of this movie with the multiple realities was already big...and the only way to manage this kind of storyline was to limit it to the immediate....

For sure. Still can't really make sense of the victim going from the tub to the phone.

At one point I was trying to decide if the original group was really the "evil" group. Seemed like they weren't first in the timeline of interactions since homies came back with the box well before the first house decided to make one themselves.

It was a little weird how the timelines were different in each of the realities....I didn't really see any particular group as evil....just more aware and trying to problem solve. In Emily's case, I think she was driven by how she screwed herself in her ballet career with inaction. So this time, she was determine to play a role in her own future. So there was some redemption at play.

As for the different clothes on the Ems, what if, hear me out now, more than one version of the Invading Em (trademarked) decided to crash that reality. As in, the Em that our Em ketamines, was an original Invading Em that tried swapping out the Em we see in the bathroom. Now our Em bashes that Em in the head with the toiler cover. I mean, there had to be many other realities of an Em that had the thought of deleting another Em, so perhaps a couple Invading Ems tried going for the same reality.

Did anyone notice the original Em had a pimple on the right side of her face that the other Em's didn't.... Anytime there is a blemish on a woman in a film, there is a reason for it....

Did anyone notice the original Em had a pimple on the right side of her face that the other Em's didn't.... Anytime there is a blemish on a woman in a film, there is a reason for it....

maxresdefault.jpg

I think I've found the blemish you speak of, but I can't find a picture of the Em from the Happy Reality. But no, I guess I didn't notice it. I suppose in alternate realities, versions of ourselves are either shelling out for acne cream or not.

It was a little weird how the timelines were different in each of the realities....I didn't really see any particular group as evil....just more aware and trying to problem solve. In Emily's case, I think she was driven by how she screwed herself in her ballet career with inaction. So this time, she was determine to play a role in her own future. So there was some redemption at play.
That's how I saw it. In the case of Emily being inactive, that was something she was arguing about with her boyfriend. He was going to travel to Vietnam I believe and she hadn't decided if she was going to go with him. She said she didn't want to say no, and he says if you don't say yes it time it becomes a no. Later the black-haired lady (Laurie) was trying to seduce Emily's boyfriend and said something about him needing a woman who took action.

While searching for a picture of the Em character, I stumbled across this drawing trying to explain how the dark zone/roulette machine worked, and it looks like a visual representation of what I was talking about with the petri dishes.

Coherence-diagram-2.jpg

But why did I think of petri dishes? Well, that's simple...

Because of The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode where Lisa unintentionally creates a living society within a petri dish with her tooth, soda, and static electricity.

High+af+the+other+day+say+this+to+friend+_d96c482729c7d696dd8d5e6e0f23c563.jpg

That's right! Everything is Simpsons in my life!

Back