PC Sherdog Gaming Laptop & Review Thread (OP Updated Apr-2019)

Thank you so much for such a thorough response. About your advice, the thing is that a dock plus a higher end card does come out as a considerably pricier unit. I could always get one of those. I move from region to region a lot, but I don't need this computer as a carry-along. I would use it a desktop replacement to last me for as long as possible. I have a separate, cheap, ulta-light functional laptop for daily work. This would be for in-home full fledged gaming.
I’ve often wondered, why if you already had a light do work type laptop, and you would be gaming on the laptop at home, what’s the point of having a gaming laptop?

Just get a desktop that’s cheaper and better on the same price point?

For me I would only have a gaming laptop if I intended to game as I traveled with it and only could buy one computer, instead of one lower laptop for “laptop “ functions and a descktop for gaming??

I could have sworn I saw the 1080 120h model available for 1698 until yday. But yeah this seems like a pretty solid deal indeed. I should probably still add warranty though...
Oh, looks like Adorama has it for the same $1699, new:
https://www.adorama.com/asgl702vimh7.html

At least that saves you the $162 sales tax.
I’ve often wondered, why if you already had a light do work type laptop, and you would be gaming on the laptop at home, what’s the point of having a gaming laptop?

Just get a desktop that’s cheaper and better on the same price point?

For me I would only have a gaming laptop if I intended to game as I traveled with it and only could buy one computer, instead of one lower laptop for “laptop “ functions and a descktop for gaming??
I move between states-countries a lot, which makes a laptop quite convenient.
l@nd0

Damnit, I got home and it already went up $50 bucks... i'm getting unlucky. Maybe I should just wait for the new nvidia series to come out and hope for a drop in prices or a deal... :(

Damnit, I got home and it already went up $50 bucks... i'm getting unlucky. Maybe I should just wait for the new nvidia series to come out and hope for a drop in prices or a deal... :(
LOL, indeed it did. Adorama clearly has an automated price match fixed to Amazon. It bounced up with them.

For those on a budget-- gaming laptops don't get cheaper than this (Newegg via eBay):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302771277160
Model: MSI GL62M 7RD-1407
$569
  • 15.6" 1920x1080 (eDP IPS-Level 45% NTSC)
  • i5-7300HQ
  • GTX 1050 2GB
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB SSD
  • 720p Webcam
  • Intel 3168 Sandy Peak 802.11ac WiFi/Bluetooth

Last edited:
LOL, indeed it did. Adorama clearly has an automated price match fixed to Amazon. It bounced up with them.

Good thing is, I checked camel camel camel, which tracks Amazon pricing changes, and it seems like this unit has been consistently fluctuating between $1700-1800, so chances of it dropping to 1700 flat, or even below once the new gen gpus get announced, seem solid.

ASUS ROG G703 Desktop Replacement Gaming Laptop, Unlocked Core i9-8950HK processor, Overclocked GTX 1080 8GB, 17.3” 144Hz 3ms G-SYNC, 2 X 256GB PCIe SSD + 2TB FireCuda SSHD, 32GB DDR4
9147CQ-Tm-L._SL1500_.jpg

• Asus ROG G703 Laptops
  • 17.3" IPS-AHVA 1080p 144Hz 3ms GTG 72% NTSC G-Sync
  • HM370 Chipset
  • Intel i9-8950HK 2.9GHz (4.8GHz Turbo) Hexacore Hyperthreading CPU
  • NVIDIA GTX 1080 8GB GDDR5X
    • Overclocked to 1974 MHz
    • Copper Cooling Tunnels for CPU & GPU
  • 32GB DDR4-2666MHz (Kingston HyperX)
  • 2 x 256GB PCIe SSD (Samsung 970 EVO)
  • 2TB SSHD (Seagate FireCuda)
  • 802.11ac WiFi (2x2 Intel 9560 1.73 Gbps)
  • HD Webcam
  • Ports
    • 1 x Thunderbolt 3
    • 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-C
    • 3 x USB 3.1 Gen2 Type-A
    • HDMI
    • Mini DisplayPort
    • Combo Headphone/Mic Jack
    • SDXC Reader
  • Asus Aura Sync RGB Backlit Keyboard2 x 2.5a + 2 x 4.5a Speakers w/32-bit DAC
  • Built-In Xbox Wireless Controller Card
  • Windows 10 Pro
$3,699

If you have a landfill of disposable income I doubt that anyone has done a better job than Asus of appealing to luxury gamers who don't care about super-thin, easily portable laptops (i.e. the Max Q market). The built-in Xbox Controller support here is an especially nice touch. The i9-8950HK is the best laptop CPU money can buy. For the video card, since the Core Clock is 1556 MHz with a Boost Clock of 1771 MHz, the 1974 MHz overclock on the GPU is a serious 11% bonus, not your typical laptop mumbo jumbo, and means this will perform well above the desktop variant's reference levels. Meanwhile, this display debuted in the summer of 2017 as the first 17" 144Hz 1080p display with G-Sync. After that this laptop is focused purely on performance with the superfast PCIe SSDs + SSHD for storage, the 32GB DDR4-2667 RAM, the Intel 9560 Wireless AC card, and Thunderbolt 3 port.

The 1080p resolution and G-Sync frame syncing means this laptop's hardware should age exceptionally well alongside its display. Here was Game Debate's Most Demanding 10 PC Games in 2017. It averages better than 92 frames per second on The Witcher 3 in Ultra, for example, and can nearly max GTA V to the 144Hz limit. While I don't think it better built than the GTX 1080 Max-Q laptops ($2697 Asus ROG Zephyrus GX501 (8th Gen) ; $2899 Gigabyte Aorus X5 MD ; $2929 Acer Predator Triton 700) I do think it will outperform them. Because this has the i9 and the GTX 1080 overclocked I figured it should be mentioned in the thread as an example of the market's pinnacle performance, right now.

Last edited:
https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/msi...060-15.6-9s7-16jbe2-1269/version.asp#/reviews

Is this a good gaming laptop?

I want to buy a gaming laptop on relatively cheap finance, because I have to save for a deposit for a mortgage, but I’d like to play Monster Hunter: World and Shenmue 3 on it.
Yeah, that's a very no nonsense approach to the hardware component combination, too: an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 3GB, and just 256GB SSD with no HDD storage. A strong deal.

Out here in the states we're already seeing the i7-8750H processor in several mass market gamer laptop models, but even the longtime budget champion Acer Predator Helios 300 runs $1199 which converts to £927.

For those on a budget-- gaming laptops don't get cheaper than this (Newegg via eBay):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/302771277160
Model: MSI GL62M 7RD-1407
$569
  • 15.6" 1920x1080 (eDP IPS-Level 45% NTSC)
  • i5-7300HQ
  • GTX 1050 2GB
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB SSD
  • 720p Webcam
  • Intel 3168 Sandy Peak 802.11ac WiFi/Bluetooth
That processor with only 8g of ram I’m not thinking would game very well.

It’s barely any better than my laptop minus the 1050 2g laptop gpu it has.

For 569.00 it’s probubaly a good deal but I’d like to see it have at least 12g ram.

My laptop has the i58250 in the cpu benchmark compare below and 8g ram.

I had to build a pc because it struggled like fuck to process video rendering pushing to a big monitor.

I can’t imagine trying to game on it.

But I’ve been looking at a travel laptop myself lately, if they had one in that range with 12 at minimum and prefebly 16 at that price point I’d be on it.

Wife has taken over my “new laptop “ since I built my pc

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8250U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ/m338266vsm223877

That processor with only 8g of ram I’m not thinking would game very well.
This is wrong. Read on.
It’s barely any better than my laptop minus the 1050 2g laptop gpu it has.

For 569.00 it’s probubaly a good deal but I’d like to see it have at least 12g ram.
Why? What games use more than 8GB of RAM right now at a 1080p resolution unmodded? What percentage of the Steam library does that represent? Understand what your specifications are doing for your gaming before arbitrarily setting a RAM number.

The reason 16GB is a standard recommendation right now is because RAM demands tend to inflate somewhat rapidly, and finding matching sticks from an older standard several years later can actually prove more expensive than buying the additional RAM now, so gamers opt for the convenience of buying above their needs in the now. It's one of the few areas where a bit of future proofing usually makes sense, but RAM is at its worst pricing in years, currently, so it's a great strategy to take 8GB now, and wait to upgrade his RAM down the road when pricing will likely be more favorable. If it turns out he needs it right now, because he does run one of the incredibly rare games that's exceeding 8GB atm, there is nothing preventing him from purchasing another SODIMM stick immediately.

I was concerned because the retailer advertised only a single RAM slot, but that's wrong, because MSI's own manufacturer page (and several others like Hardware Info) report two slots for that precise model. This is common: for retailers to get that stuff wrong. This means the RAM can run in dual channel although it only comes with a single stick right now. With 2 slots, he can cheaply upgrade to 16GB by simply purchasing an identical RAM stick running dual channel should he need it, or even ditch the stick it came with, and upgrade to 2x16GB RAM sticks for 32GB total in dual channel down the road.
My laptop has the i5-8250 in the cpu benchmark compare below and 8g ram.

I had to build a pc because it struggled like fuck to process video rendering pushing to a big monitor.
The physical size of the output monitor has nothing to do with the stress to the GPU and CPU. That is determined solely by the resolution, and then potentially bottlenecked by an insufficient display connection, or software calibration (i.e. if you only turned off your laptop screen, instead of appropriately calibrating to output ONLY to the monitor, then your laptop was running dual displays, even if it was dark, and there was your problem).
I can’t imagine trying to game on it.

But I’ve been looking at a travel laptop myself lately, if they had one in that range with 12 at minimum and prefebly 16 at that price point I’d be on it.

Wife has taken over my “new laptop “ since I built my pc

http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8250U-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ/m338266vsm223877
You're still developing your understanding of UserBenchmark. That 8250U is an i5-class processor from the 8th Gen of Intel processors, and yet it still loses the effective speed race because it's one of the lower power "U" variants. In fact, the i5-7300HQ is only 40% inferior by effective speed to the most powerful gaming laptop processor that exists (which is rare and you simply won't see in laptops under $2k):
http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i9-8950HK-vs-Intel-Core-i5-7300HQ/m486215vsm223877
It's one of the Top 10 most powerful mass produced gaming laptop processors ever manufactured. Pay attention to sample sizes on UserBenchmark. That tells you the processors which they actually mass produce and sell. For example, here is Coffee Lake i5/i7 processors. It's 31% inferior to the i7-8750H which is the most powerful laptop processor widely available ever made:
  • i9-8950HK = 977 samples
  • i7-8850H = 534 samples
  • i7-8750H = 24,199 samples
  • i7-8559U = 26 samples
  • i7-8265U = 0 samples
  • i5-8500B = 0 samples
  • i5-8400B = 0 samples
  • i5-8400H - 26 samples
  • i5-8300H = 5,822 samples
  • i5-8269U = 0 samples
  • i5-8259U = 33 samples
  • i5-8265U = 0 samples
  • i5-7300HQ = 43,471 samples [Kaby Lake]

--- MAJOR COMPONENTS---

• CPU = Top 10 mass produced gaming laptop processor ever made
  • GPU = Current most popular GPU on Steam (developers cater to this standard)
  • RAM = 8GB DDR4 (adequate for 99% of games in history)
  • Storage = SSD Class
To opine that the above is not a strong gaming class laptop is ignorant. He has found an outstanding price for a Brit, too, when they tend to pay a 15%-30% markup on electronics relative to us (which the tariffs will end soon). No better example than the 2017 version of the Acer Predator Helios with the i7-7700HQ in it:
USA Version = $1049
UK Version = $1445 (£1099, +38%)

This is probably the best deal I'm seeing on the Amazon UK if he wants to step up the overall power, but it adds 37% to his cost, equivalent to +$368 US, and he's in the same situation with the RAM:
ASUS FX504GM-EN150T 15.6 Inch 120 Hz Full HD Wide-View Laptop (Metal) - (Intel Core i7-8750H, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD + 256 GB SSD, Nvidia GTX1060 6 GB Graphics, Windows 10)
  • £1039
  • 15.6" 1080p 120Hz Display
  • i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 6GB
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • 256GB SSD
  • 1TB HDD
  • Backlit Keyboard

Hey guys, hoping for some advice here.

I am thinking of getting a portable, cheap laptop mostly for working and emulating/light gaming. I did not want to buy something with a shitty Atom processor, but nothing seemed compelling under the 400 dollar mark.

Until I saw this.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP89X0900&Description=lenovo 130s&cm_re=lenovo_130s-_-34-847-258-_-Product

I am eyeing the 11.6" model, which comes with the Pentium Silver N5000 chip and 4GB of DDR4 RAM, a big improvement over the Celeron N4000 series which comes in most laptops of that kind. You can land one of those for about 280 bucks after tax.

My only worry is that there are literally cero reviews for that particular model with the n5000, so I have no idea of what to expect as far as battery life goes, which is crucial for me. Otherwise, it seems to meet all of my criteria.

I know this might not be the most appropriate place to ask, but I actually got excellent advice last time. :)

Can you hunt open box deals etc?

I got a Lenovo yoga with an i5 8250, 256 ssd and 4g ddr4 13.5” for 500.00 open box at my local Best Buy.

It was Father’s Day and the manager chick cut me a good deal.

While that’s nkt too terrible for 289.00 if you stretch your 400.00 budget to 5 and hunt open box deals you might get way better(or just weak and real on anything close to 400??)

I am thinking of getting a portable, cheap laptop mostly for working and emulating/light gaming. I did not want to buy something with a shitty Atom processor, but nothing seemed compelling under the 400 dollar mark.

Until I saw this.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA6ZP89X0900&Description=lenovo 130s&cm_re=lenovo_130s-_-34-847-258-_-Product

I am eyeing the 11.6" model, which comes with the Pentium Silver N5000 chip and 4GB of DDR4 RAM, a big improvement over the Celeron N4000 series which comes in most laptops of that kind. You can land one of those for about 280 bucks after tax.

My only worry is that there are literally cero reviews for that particular model with the n5000, so I have no idea of what to expect as far as battery life goes, which is crucial for me. Otherwise, it seems to meet all of my criteria.

I know this might not be the most appropriate place to ask, but I actually got excellent advice last time. :)
What kind of "light gaming" are we talking about, here? Because that is going to be extremely limited. That processor is probably fine for emulation of the Playstation/N64 units and before, and PC games from the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation, but except for the least demanding indie-type stuff from the past half decade, it won't cut it.

It doesn't even have enough storage to install a single AAA game from today, for example, with that 64GB of storage. Windows 10 is already taking up ~20GB just for the base install. Furthermore, Windows swells over time with the build updates (what they used to call "service packs") and stuff like the pagefiles. 64GB of storage in a Windows PC is a terrible idea. Better if staying with that Pentium:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-15-6-Touch-4GB-1TB-HDD-Intel-Pentium-2-7GHz-Vibrant-Windows-10-Laptop/351986813512?_trkparms=5373:0|5374:Featured

The CPU is strong. It is comparable to the Pentium G4400 which for $50 is the lowest end processor that desktop gamers consider for a shoestring budget build, but to give you perspective on how weak those Intel UHD graphics are here is a comparison to the bottom-end of discrete desktop graphics card on the desktop market (the NVIDIA GT 1030 runs $75, and can be easily added to any office comp that can physically fit it):
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-UHD-Graphics-605-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/m487064vsm283726

Better: keep your eyes peeled for the "Mobile" Raven Ridge APUs from AMD. These are their processors designed for the budget-minded gaming laptop market. You'll want to consider the Ryzen 3 variants in particular on this budget (R3-2200U, R3-2300U). Those are your keywords. If you can get one of the stronger variants for under $400, go for it, but that's unlikely:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_unit_microprocessors#"Raven_Ridge"_(2017)

CPU Versus

Graphics Versus

So, in conclusion, here's a a few stronger options for ~$330 with the R3-2220U, double the RAM, and a proper 1TB hard drive. Not sure if you wanted that smaller form factor. Cooling becomes a problem the smaller you go. These are 15.6":
  1. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...RL18xpQo2FUr4hgos84aAt-QEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  2. https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Graphic...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6BNB2A8PR6DQYREGT050
    Note: The lower rating is due to the 1-star review from some guy who got sent the wrong laptop.
These blow away the laptop you linked on spec for a mere $40 more (though you probably aren't dodging taxes).

Last edited:
What kind of "light gaming" are we talking about, here? Because that is going to be extremely limited. That processor is probably fine for emulation of the Playstation/N64 units and before, and PC games from the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube generation, but except for the least demanding indie-type stuff from the past half decade, it won't cut it.

It doesn't even have enough storage to install a single AAA game from today, for example, with that 64GB of storage. Windows 10 is already taking up ~20GB just for the base install. Furthermore, Windows swells over time with the build updates (what they used to call "service packs") and stuff like the pagefiles. 64GB of storage in a Windows PC is a terrible idea. Better if staying with that Pentium:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HP-15-6-Touch-4GB-1TB-HDD-Intel-Pentium-2-7GHz-Vibrant-Windows-10-Laptop/351986813512?_trkparms=5373:0|5374:Featured

The CPU is strong. It is comparable to the Pentium G4400 which for $50 is the lowest end processor that desktop gamers consider for a shoestring budget build, but to give you perspective on how weak those Intel UHD graphics are here is a comparison to the bottom-end of discrete desktop graphics card on the desktop market (the NVIDIA GT 1030 runs $75, and can be easily added to any office comp that can physically fit it):
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-UHD-Graphics-605-vs-Nvidia-GT-1030/m487064vsm283726

Better: keep your eyes peeled for the "Mobile" Raven Ridge APUs from AMD. These are their processors designed for the budget-minded gaming laptop market. You'll want to consider the Ryzen 3 variants in particular on this budget (R3-2200U, R3-2300U). Those are your keywords. If you can get one of the stronger variants for under $400, go for it, but that's unlikely:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_AMD_accelerated_processing_unit_microprocessors#"Raven_Ridge"_(2017)

CPU Versus

Graphics Versus

So, in conclusion, here's a a few stronger options for ~$330 with the R3-2220U, double the RAM, and a proper 1TB hard drive. Not sure if you wanted that smaller form factor. Cooling becomes a problem the smaller you go. These are 15.6":
  1. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo...RL18xpQo2FUr4hgos84aAt-QEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
  2. https://www.amazon.com/Acer-Graphic...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=6BNB2A8PR6DQYREGT050
    Note: The lower rating is due to the 1-star review from some guy who got sent the wrong laptop.
These blow away the laptop you linked on spec for a mere $40 more (though you probably aren't dodging taxes).

That's fantastic, thanks. I jumped on the deal in the end, because overall this is supposed to be a working platform for easy travel and with a long battery life. Nothing bigger than 11.6" Plus I'm dead poor. So I am happy playing indie 2d games and old school emulation with this model. I was eyeing even cheaper models with the N4000, but that seemed underkill.

It is crazy, but my primary mobile platform right now is a 32GB Asus Transformer Book T100TA, with 2GB of RAM and Win 10.
It has an Atom z3740 processor which, needless to say, makes the machine slower than anything you can imagine.

As long as the battery life with the N5000 is not significantly under the advertised average, I should be ok (6.5h plus is fine...).

I got the thing for $275 with shipping and tax, so it's a pretty good deal overall.

That's fantastic, thanks. I jumped on the deal in the end, because overall this is supposed to be a working platform for easy travel and with a long battery life. Nothing bigger than 11.6" Plus I'm dead poor. So I am happy playing indie 2d games and old school emulation with this model. I was eyeing even cheaper models with the N4000, but that seemed underkill.

It is crazy, but my primary mobile platform right now is a 32GB Asus Transformer Book T100TA, with 2GB of RAM and Win 10.
It has an Atom z3740 processor which, needless to say, makes the machine slower than anything you can imagine.

As long as the battery life with the N5000 is not significantly under the advertised average, I should be ok (6.5h plus is fine...).

I got the thing for $275 with shipping and tax, so it's a pretty good deal overall.
I'm seriously concerned about the 64GB storage long-term, but agreed, I don't think you could have hoped to do meaningfully better than that in terms of graphics below the 13" form factor-- at any budget.

You can always buy an external Portable HDD, too, though that will definitely gimp the ease of portability, but external drives are less cumbersome than ever before, and if SSD class, they are also wicked fast.

I'm seriously concerned about the 64GB storage long-term, but agreed, I don't think you could have hoped to do meaningfully better than that in terms of graphics below the 13" form factor-- at any budget.

You can always buy an external Portable HDD, too, though that will definitely gimp the ease of portability, but external drives are less cumbersome than ever before, and if SSD class, they are also wicked fast.

Surprisingly, the 32GB model I use presently hasn't filled up, and I owe it since 2011!

I am not planning on storing heavy files, multimedia, or installing many programs: just basic stuff like Office, VLC, Chrome, Utorrent, Poweramp...

I'll keep it very, very lean, and if I run into trouble I will get an SD card.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAEYA8GS7212

i5-8300H, 8gb ram, 512 gb ssd, 1tb he.

This looks like a good deal. Thoughts?
Not sure if the sale lapsed on this unit, but the poor reviews on Wal-Mart's Overpowered desktops appears to have unduly cratered the pricing around the laptops (each comes with a 2-year warranty):
  1. $799 > 15.6" 1920x1080 144Hz, i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM (2666 MHz), 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Mechanical LED Keyboard, Windows 10
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...hguid=c2478f4b-55d-167bcaf31d780f&athena=true
  2. $999 > 17.3" 1920x1080 144Hz, i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 32GB RAM (2666 MHz), 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Mechanical LED Keyboard, Windows 10
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...256-SSD-2TB-HDD-32GB-RAM-Windows-10/887474519
As a qualifying device in the Intel Game/eSports Pack, buying the OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop allows you to receive $150 in gaming software, including full download of Paladins, PUBG, Last Tide and more!
557782fb-3900-4242-a3ff-24e5e83b50e7.jpg.w1920.jpg

The bestselling gaming laptops on Amazon's front page have fallen off a bit, I suspect because of these, and the nearest unit in price is a class below in terms of performance:

Not sure if the sale lapsed on this unit, but the poor reviews on Wal-Mart's Overpowered desktops appears to have unduly cratered the pricing around the laptops (each comes with a 2-year warranty):
  1. $799 > 15.6" 1920x1080 144Hz, i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 16GB RAM, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Mechanical LED Keyboard, Windows 10
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...hguid=c2478f4b-55d-167bcaf31d780f&athena=true
  2. $999 > 17.3" 1920x1080 144Hz, i7-8750H, GTX 1060 6GB, 32GB RAM (2666 MHz), 256GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Mechanical LED Keyboard, Windows 10
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/OVERPOWE...256-SSD-2TB-HDD-32GB-RAM-Windows-10/887474519
As a qualifying device in the Intel Game/eSports Pack, buying the OVERPOWERED Gaming Laptop allows you to receive $150 in gaming software, including full download of Paladins, PUBG, Last Tide and more!
557782fb-3900-4242-a3ff-24e5e83b50e7.jpg.w1920.jpg

The bestselling gaming laptops on Amazon's front page have fallen off a bit, I suspect because of these, and the nearest unit in price is a class below in terms of performance:
That’s a damn good deal on the Walmart laptop with an i7,1060, 16gb ram and a 144hrz monitor.

The best deal I could find in same price range was Newegg msi and 1050ti and 8gb ram(everything else close enough to the same) and 749.99

I’d just be worried where they skimmped on the internals on that one at Walmart

Until I saw this.

Honestly, that seems too shitty to be worth buying. Unless you are just looking for a portable minesweeper player that can surf the net.