Sherdog Partners with CraveOnline

now that sherdog has been bought out by craveonline, i should give props to bobsappfan who was the first to break the story when he saw jeff sherwood in a plane going over the crave contract.

let's face it yall, it was bound to happen considering all the alegations of sherdog involvement with the underworld. when the ufc refused to issue sherdog press passes their fate was sealed and the demise eminent. it was just a matter of time before they couldn't afford to pay fozzy's hefty salary and had to file for chapter 11, just to be rescued at the 13th hour by craveonline.

rip sherdog :icon_cry2

craveonline rulez :cool:

DooM-R said:
I just scanned CraveOnline on Alexa and seems it has waaay less hits than Sherdog... why merge with a site that is less than yours? Was the money that good?

There are several sites besides CraveOnline that will be promoting Sherdog.

funknl said:
3 Can your server hold all these new people coming to the sherdog website and coming onto the sherdog forums????

We may have a new server farm for Sherdog.net up for the upcoming UFC. We'll see.

this can only be good, now all you need is an online poker room like bodog.com for the members:)

Will Sherdog's rules still apply or will we have to go by Crave's unified rules?

I can't wait for more noobs and wise-asses.
We need like 50 mods on here now

I think the new layout is terrible as well.

Flexwave2003 said:
Did I miss the answer to whether Jeff sold sherdog?

They are kinda avoiding the topic about "if there was money as a part of this partnership". I do think there was money and it looks like CraveOnline is going begin hosting Sherdog. This makes sense for CraveOnline because of the growing popularity of MMA. Sherdog is the most visited MMA site. I also think that CraveOnline has a wealthy parent that is allowing them to create this portal of popular websites.

CraveOnline itself has been around for a while but has not grown as fast as other sites have but the portal idea is growing in popularity. More of these portal sites will come into being as way to allow smaller players have more bargaining power when it comes to dealing with advertisers. Having CraveOnline handling the advertisers makes it easier for website like Sherdog work on the business of running a site less about business of running a business.

I wonder if the DVD and product merchandising end of the business is going to be taken over by CraveOnline. It only makes sense because Crave could combine their other websites into one large product merchandising business for all their other portal properties.

it's your site you can do whatever, but why does the layout have to be so narrow? Hard on my eyes.

The front page gave me an aneurism, I thought there was a coding error. Older version was way more palatable for the eyes.

All, and all I

I absolutely hate the new layout. It seems every element on the page, like the fight finder search box, news items, list of recent forum topics etc. is out of place.

The new look is terrible. There is no need to design any website at a fixed width. Websites should stretch to the edge of the browser... and there should be a standard menu across the top. Right now its completely different on the front page .. and a forum page.

if the boards start workin on PPV nights then I'm all for it...it normally takes until about 3 am until you can get on

Back