PC Sherdog PC Build/Buy Thread, v6: My Power Supply Burned Down My House

Having a midlife crisis (at 27) what pointless shit can I buy for my computer to flex on people online?
Power supply cable extension kit, custom GPU backplate, vertical gpu bracket, vinyl wrap your case, or fan upgrades.

Should I go with an rx570 or 1050ti?

I keep hearing the 570 is the better of the two.

Or should I just save up for a 580?

In a lot of games, an RX570 4gb is about 10% slower than a RX580 8gb.
With this Gigabyte RX570 4gb at $150, it's hard to recommend the 1050ti.

If you are not power supply limited what about a 100.00 used 970 or 150.00 980ti from the used market?

That’s what I can get them for in my area.

holy crap, newegg told me they'd send me a "return RMA" for a refund on friday... but said they couldn't yet because they still needed to ship the other item, so they asked that i contact them after i received the other item to then set up a return ship and refund.

it was in the chat log that i requested a copy of. that they actually sent me, too.

now they're claiming otherwise. the best part is... i think it's actually the same person.

also, my emails to them are bouncing left and right with "mailbox full" errors.

"Newegg Chat
7:43 A.M., 30 Nov 2018
I'm sorry for any inconvenience you've encountered. Please keep the everything for this item, since we require
return for 100% entire things back, I cannot issue a RMA at this moment, since your the other item haven't
been shipped out and in packaging. I will send you an email, once the other item shipped out, please reply me
back, I will issue a return RMA for this item for you, thanks for your understanding"

tl;dr - caveat emptor. newegg's QC shat the bed and so has their CS/infrastructure.

If you are not power supply limited what about a 100.00 used 970 or 150.00 980ti from the used market?

That’s what I can get them for in my area.

got an evga 650w G2 80+ Gold PSU. according to Pcpartpicker im good on power consumption

got an evga 650w G2 80+ Gold PSU. according to Pcpartpicker im good on power consumption
What general area are you in? I’ll look up your local c-list and see what deals are around(and what I’d offer on them)

I didn’t realize a 570 was as good as it was.
It’s like 50+ % faster than a 1050ti, and barely slower than a 970.

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1050-Ti-vs-AMD-RX-570/3649vs3924

https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-970-vs-AMD-RX-570/2577vs3924

Depending on the market where you are, and the sales on a 570, it might not be a better deal long term on a used 970 vs new 570.

What general area are you in? I’ll look up your local c-list and see what deals are around(and what I’d offer on them)
ny. westchester, putnam county, 5 boros

or danbury, ct

Already got one

Power supply cable extension kit, custom GPU backplate, vertical gpu bracket, vinyl wrap your case, or fan upgrades.
Fans are all top of the line in my PC, however the custom backplate is tempting and the vertical GPU bracket is very tempting. Vinyl wrapping would not go well in the Australian heat.

Get one of those wireless-charging mouses.
Already got one the Razer Lancehead or something. Might get the one that charges via the mousepad though.

That's the one I'm thinking of

The new Mamba is the one that goes on that charging mousepad. I have the original Mamba that I bought close to 10 years ago now I'm guessing, I use it at work and it's still going strong. I'd love the new mamba, but I stupidly bought the Lancehead just before that one came out :mad:

Well fak, the pc I was intending to make an emulation machine in the back of my attic, is not the pc I thought it was. I guess I threw that one out at the Recycler years back with my 486 machine.

I’m not even sure where this THING came from now.

Compaq Prosignia NeoServer

Has server os, and no keyboard or mouse support according to the specs? Da fuk? But has old school keyboard and mouse ports.

I might get it down and try to fire it up, but it might be pointless.

Celeron 366/66 processor. Looks slow even for 99’ when it came out lol

https://support.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c00339560

https://ark.intel.com/products/27185/Intel-Celeron-Processor-366-MHz-128K-Cache-66-MHz-FSB

Back