Sherdog, start cracking down on trolling in the Pride and UFC forum...

There should be a quiz people have to take to have their belt upgraded. They would be elgible for this quiz after a certain time period expires (example yellow belt quiz 3 months after join period). Once they reach a certain belt, they will have posting priveledges.

This system would help make the "sherdog belt worship favor" the knowledgeable posters as opposed to the postwhores and nuthuggers.

If this sounds like a good idea to a mod, pm me, and i'll see if i can help you guys set that up on the site.

You should at least have a post count of say...25 posts per day and have a way to verify that you are at least over the age of 18.

SirBoonHammer said:
I don't mind white belt threads but a lot of people here do. If the mods made a little check box or something that prevented a user from seeing white belt threads a lot of people would be happy. It would be nice if people had enough self control to ignore threads they don't like, but they don't so I think my idea is a good one.

thats not a bad idea

They just need more mods. The troll threads are obvious and the trolls should be banned immediatly because they have nothing positive to offer this site. Just here to play around and act their age (15)

Stoping white belts from starting threads, stupid idea, what makes a white belt less knowledgable than a brown belt, in order to move up in belt level is your number of posts. Its not like you had to take a test and pass to move up. Someone could be a mma fan for years and have alot of knowledge about it and one day decides he'll join a forum but because he is a white belt (because he has no POST count) he cant start a thread. But i guess if someone has 25 posts he dosent no near as much as a brown belt who maybe has posted "nice" "cool" "that was funny" "KO 2nd Rd" "rickson by armbar" about 2500 times

How about you get rid of the belts all togeather? Who gives a shit about what color belt you are on a fucking MMA forum? Do you really tell people what color sherdog belt you are in the real world? lol I have seen dumb posts by every color belt.

Its simple,get rid of the belts you get rid of the idiots trying to get their post #'s up.Because somewhere in their sad lil world, having a color belt on sherdog makes them somebody.

Im not knocking people with white belts or colored belts....just the people who thinks it means something:icon_chee

There are a lot of people (like Donny) that keep coming back after being banned and posting nonsense-even if it is funny at times. Those posters clearly mess with the rules of the forums and can get away with it. Having a certain post minimum before starting a thread would be a good idea.

The 500 posts idea is stupid. You only need to stop people who make new accounts with the sole purpose of trolling in mind. If you have a 50 minimum post rule that would stop the troll accounts. Anything more and they are just going to troll no matter how many posts they have. Look at guys like cymen, and kusokidiota.

More mods = greater forum. After Moding a wrestling site in the past, I understand that there is a lot to be done and these guys have lives too. More mods to shut down lots of bullcrap.

It will only encourage people to post more so that they reach the quota

Who cares about belt color or post count. That may keep you from making threads but then people will just post whore and have the mininum post count or belt color in a couple of weeks.

DarkHorse24 said:
You should at least have a post count of say...25 posts per day and have a way to verify that you are at least over the age of 18.

25 posts a day?? Who the hell has 25 intelligent things to add a day and the free time to type it?

VZ- said:
Concurred. Should have a 500 post minium to enable thread starting.

All that would do is encourage post-whoring.

Membership privileges should be time-vested.

pigboop said:
Bad Idea for One reason. You will have every white belt posting their asses off to get enough posts to start threads. Just ignore the BS and you will me ok..

exactly, how about.....ignoring stupid threads?

:rolleyes: funny how people who dont spend half their day on a forum posting rubbish are seen as less knowledgable on this website.

i agree with the more mods and that thread report button, but not letting white belts not start thread i dont agree cuz some of them AND I MEAN SOME actually have some good stuff to post

Back