Sherdogs double standard with not making weight

Koro_11

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
When Rumble panic wrestled against Vítor sherdog likes to make excuses how Rumble had a tough weight cut and was therefore at a disadvantage, yet Rumble came in at 197 lbs for that fight. So with a 12 lb weight advantage he was the one at a disadvantage?

<TheWire1>

Meanwhile a bunch of people are still crying about short notice Romero’s 2 lb advantage over Rockhold???

I don’t get it?

Double standard? Rumble was cut after his loss to Vitor and a ton of people bashed him for it lol.

Last edited:
Is it a double standard if different people have different opinions?
<YeahOKJen>

Yoel had never missed weight before while Rumble was making it a habit. People just seemed like they were just more dissapointed in that Rumble was obviously killing himself trying to make those lower weight classes.

Double standard? Rumble was cut after his loss to Vitor and a ton of people based him for it lol.
Sure, but make a thread that Vítor made him panic wrestle and watch the excuses about Rumbles tough weight cut roll in (even though he was moving up from WW for not being able to make weight there either)

When Rumble panic wrestled against Vítor sherdog likes to make excuses how Rumble had a tough weight cut and was therefore at a disadvantage, yet Rumble came in at 197 lbs for that fight. So with a 12 lb weight advantage he was the one at a disadvantage?

<TheWire1>

Meanwhile a bunch of people are still crying about short notice Romero’s 2 lb advantage over Rockhold???

I don’t get it?

Selective memory?

Me gustan las chicas desnudas, šta

I get what you're saying but Rumble is a bad example

He missed weight but had to weigh in again the next day and not be over 205lbs
Tuff

Its because hes black. Oh wait... its because hes cuban!!

Some people still cry about Daniel Cormier's 1.2 pound weight advantage in his second fight with Rumble, even though Cormier has never missed weight before and has never missed weight since.

<36>

Romero is black, Rumble is... oh.

Rumble likes BBWs which is endearing, Romero does not like BBWs to my knowledge.

Double standard? Rumble was cut after his loss to Vitor and a ton of people bashed him for it lol.

This.

And Rumble started hydrating after he had health problems due to cut and doctor told to start hydrating immediatly.

<TheWire1>

I don’t get it?
What's not to understand? Sherdog is not a single entity with only one opinion. Different people, different opinions.

They bitch about Romero's weight because he destroyed their man crush

Fight at your own weight. When you starve yourself down to a point that you barely make weight at walking death, then rehydrate 70lbs, that should be illegal. They should have a final scale at the Vaseline guy and if you miss weight there, then you give 30% your purse to the UFC, 30% to your opponent. Maybe you can take your remaining 40% to buy a new diet and reconsider your weight cut anorexia.

They bitch about Romero's weight because he destroyed their man crush

I'm pretty sure it's because he got a title shot without having to make weight for that fight. That's the major difference between Rumble and Yoel's cases.

Dude misses weight for a title eliminator...A TITLE ELIMINATOR...wins that fight...WINS THAT FIGHT...and received a title shot even though he did not do what is required of everyone else who fights...Make fucking weight.

I also understand the short notice, but at the same time, if you know good and well that it will either be a near impossible or completely impossible task to make weight on time...You shouldn't be rewarded for it.

Back