Sherdogs Karateguy Hotora86, do you approve of this roundhouse kick?

spacetime

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
@Hotora86 aka the Karate guy is qualified to answer. He has seen enough Karate kicks to tell if it's OK. I think he is higher than brown belt?

Side kick is my best kick IMO

These are the two kicks you have to know to get a legit black belt.

I met the dude that invented tkd, and created my own style No Can Do. does this qualify me to give an opinion. I also punched someone that did karate, surely this must validate my analysis.

I met the dude that invented tkd, and created my own style No Can Do. does this qualify me to give an opinion. I also punched someone that did karate, surely this must validate my analysis.

I'm waiting for hotora to come in here and just give his oppinion on spacetimes videos, obviously his kicks aren't the worst kicks in the world, but we won't know how good his kicks really are until he post a sparring video or until he post a video on the heavy bag.

Anyways, @Hotora86 just come in here and say what you need to say. So at spacetime can go to sleep.

Well, thanks for the high regard, I guess.

I'm going to be extremely diplomatic and say that the best kick (or strike) is the one that lands. If you're able to land that kick on a resisting opponent and hurt him, then it's a good kick, no matter how it looks.

Look at Deontay Wilder: his boxing is... well... sloppy, not even close to good form. But he's 40-0 and HW champ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bottom line: show us some sparring instead.

Well, thanks for the high regard, I guess.

I'm going to be extremely diplomatic and say that the best kick (or strike) is the one that lands. If you're able to land that kick on a resisting opponent and hurt him, then it's a good kick, no matter how it looks.

Look at Deontay Wilder: his boxing is... well... sloppy, not even close to good form. But he's 40-0 and HW champ. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bottom line: show us some sparring instead.

Well.. 95% of his opposition have been bums.

Last edited:
He said 95%, which means that Ortiz is in the 5%

Not 95% of his opponents were bums though, 80% of them were bums. Deontay wilder would still beat some average boxers in the ring. An amatuer mma fighter who was also 3-0 in amatuer boxing told me all you need to beat a profession fighter sometimes is to be in better shape then them.

Hopefully one day spacetime will realize what he has to do this year, like I did.

If you're able to land that kick on a resisting opponent and hurt him, then it's a good kick, no matter how it looks.

I don't wanna fight. I was curious If it looks like familiar, Karate territory? Or completely "wrong"?

I was looking for:

"I'm Hotora86 and I approve of this kick"

...told me all you need to beat a profession fighter sometimes is to be in better shape then them
With all things being equal, a stronger and better shape athlete will win

At the early stages of a pro its probably more true. I'm talking about pros who exp-wise are basically ammy

I was looking for:

"I'm Hotora86 and I approve of this kick"
I'm Hotora86 and I approve of this kick

At the early stages of a pro its probably more true. I'm talking about pros who exp-wise are basically ammy

Chuck Norris was of a different opinion.. He estimated it to be something like 70-80% mental. I think that's closer to the truth. Btw, a solid chin is crucial too. I've seen good fighters who fold due to shaky shins, against inferior fighters.

Really their are a lot of bums that go straight pro, and lose then they can't fight amatuer, I know one guy who trained at american top team his first amatuer fight he was not representing a gym and had no sparring partners or fight preparation. And he won the fight but he was in shape and didn't have a background in martial arts.

Chuck Norris was of a different opinion.. He estimated it to be something like 70-80% mental. I think that's closer to the truth. Btw, a solid chin is crucial too. I've seen good fighters who fold due to shaky shins, against inferior fighters.
With all things being equal, being my main point. Mental game is huge, and I know this, I've competed. But the topic the poster I replied to mentioned about physical attributes dominating against fresh pros

Really their are a lot of bums that go straight pro, and lose then they can't fight amatuer, I know one guy who trained at american top team his first amatuer fight he was not representing a gym and had no sparring partners or fight preparation. And he won the fight but he was in shape and didn't have a background in martial arts.
Yeah thats a problem, but sometimes peeps don't have anything going on, and need to make money fast, and they jump striaght to pro. That's what happened in the early UFC days, it was rare for that to happen in boxing, but MMA, they go straight pro with little ammy exp.

I don't wanna fight. I was curious If it looks like familiar, Karate territory? Or completely "wrong"?

Dont wana fight, dont wana take proper instruction in person, dont wana spar, dont wana do any conditioning. Good effort

With all things being equal, being my main point. Mental game is huge, and I know this, I've competed. But the topic the poster I replied to mentioned about physical attributes dominating against fresh pros

Yeah thats a problem, but sometimes peeps don't have anything going on, and need to make money fast, and they jump striaght to pro. That's what happened in the early UFC days, it was rare for that to happen in boxing, but MMA, they go straight pro with little ammy exp.

Yeah that's the mistake I'm not going to make, a lot of people get offered pro contracts after their first fight, but if I get offered one in the near future (if I get my chance to fight this year) I am not taking it, I want to focus on improving more areas first before taking it to the next level.

Yeah that's the mistake I'm not going to make, a lot of people get offered pro contracts after their first fight, but if I get offered one in the near future (if I get my chance to fight this year) I am not taking it, I want to focus on improving more areas first before taking it to the next level.
Yeah you have to plan it out like any career path

Really, this is a career path where you early make good money, and an early retirement; And all promoters are sleezebags, so yeah not very "user-friendly". Last thing you want is to be fed to a younger marketable prospect.

Combat sports are an oddity, no other pro sport is it easy to go pro. Wanna go pro? Apply for the license, and guarantee you can sell tickets with a promoter

Back