Shertard's Robbery of the Year is Silva-Brunson, not TJ-Cruz

milenss

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
WTF?!? LOL
Brunson got tooled by Silva.
TJ put the beating on Cruz.

---> Robbery of the year goes to Silva/Brunson.

TJ put a beating on the air in front of his face... two years ago.

I don't remember either being big robberies.

I did expect TJ to get the nod but it was close.

TJ v Cruz was a very, very close fight. Definitely not a beating.

<{cruzshake}>

Brunson was nothing but a startled sparring partner for Anderson during that fight

Edit; I'm a little confused, is it the general consensus that Brunson won the fight?

head-up-your-ass.jpg

Silva vs Brunson was not a robbery. It was a close fight that could also have went to Brunson. But the fact is Silva was blocking pretty much all the takedowns and Brunson shot a lot in that fight. When Dereck got on top Silva nullified him from guard with elbow strikes. Neither man did much but Silva blocking the constant takedown threat stood out.

I have no idea what is the robbery of the year. Judges did pretty decent job in significant fights this year.

I mean Cruz vs TJ was January of 2016. Almost 2 years ago. Stop being outraged before fact checking.

It is impressive how a 45 years old Anderson Silva still schools top contenders on a daily basis. A testament to his greatness. Imagine how easily Brunson wouldve KTFO GSP lol

2 of the biggest robberies of this year happened on the same card. You had Marquardt clearly winning a 29-28 vs Mutante, and Dodson outpointing Moraes despite getting eye poked and kicked in the groin several times.

Nah

Brunson fought like a chicken
He deserved to lose
Running from the action
Anderson won that
You're a casual if you scored that fight for Brunson

WTF?!? LOL
Brunson got tooled by Silva.
TJ put the beating on Cruz.

---> Robbery of the year goes to Silva/Brunson.
Neither were robberies but both decisions were incorrect IMO.

It is impressive how a 45 years old Anderson Silva still schools top contenders on a daily basis. A testament to his greatness. Imagine how easily Brunson wouldve KTFO GSP lol
Bisping beat Silva handily while GSP put Bisping to sleep.

Brunson absolutely beat Silva but the judges gave him a gift because he's a legend. No way Silva gets the decision if he isn't who he is.

Brunson/Silva was a bad one. Did not agree with that one whatsoever.

I actually thought Cruz took his fight with DJ 48-47, though. Trying to think of some of the bad decisions of 2017, but nothing's really coming to mind...

Back