Shertard's Robbery of the Year is Silva-Brunson, not TJ-Cruz

Bisping beat Silva handily while GSP put Bisping to sleep.

Brunson absolutely beat Silva but the judges gave him a gift because he's a legend. No way Silva gets the decision if he isn't who he is.

lmfao at 'handily'. he was basically knocked out and resuscitated in his corner. I'm surprised they didn't need a defibrillator.

WTF?!? LOL
Brunson got tooled by Silva.
TJ put the beating on Cruz.

---> Robbery of the year goes to Silva/Brunson.
Dude, Cruz fought Dillashaw in 2016. Why don't you take a break for a little bit.

lmfao at 'handily'. he was basically knocked out and resuscitated in his corner. I'm surprised they didn't need a defibrillator.
When he outstruck Silva for 95% of the fight, I'd say it was handily. Bisping outlanded Silva in every round and the only real success Silva had was taking a cheapshot at a guy trying to get his mouthguard (Yeah, I understand "protect yourself at all times".... too bad the ref in particular in this fight is and was complete garbage). lol at Silva getting floored by pillowfists multiple times. Am I doing it right?

Dude, Cruz fought Dillashaw in 2016. Why don't you take a break for a little bit.

The last 3 years have been like 1 fookin boring day for me. SO yes.. I kind of forgot that it was long ago.

Bisping beat Silva handily while GSP put Bisping to sleep.

Brunson absolutely beat Silva but the judges gave him a gift because he's a legend. No way Silva gets the decision if he isn't who he is.
Handedly? He certainly did not beat him handedly. He very arguably lost to Anderson. Like very arguably

the mental gymnastics you have to do to think silva won are astounding

giphy.gif

Nah

Brunson fought like a chicken
He deserved to lose
Running from the action
Anderson won that
You're a casual if you scored that fight for Brunson
Interesting haiku.

I bet on Andy in that fight, and I had completely made peace with losing my money by the end of it.

Robbery, and nobody who isn't biased towards Silva will deny that.

I bet on Andy in that fight, and I had completely made peace with losing my money by the end of it.

Robbery, and nobody who isn't biased towards Silva will deny that.

I didn't bet money but I was planning to and ended up disappointed because the fight was a lock from the beginning.

Brunson is just not on the same level of Silva (even an older version of Silva). Skill matters.

I didn't bet money but I was planning to and ended up disappointed because the fight was a lock from the beginning.

Brunson is just not on the same level of Silva (even an older version of Silva).
Obviously that wasn't the case, since Brunson fought like a moron and still clearly won the fight.

Not even close to being robbery of the year. It's quite conceivable to see how Anderson might've won that under some people's criteria. Some close exchanges and I think around 25% of the media gave it to him and a higher % if you go by polling randoms watching the fight. By math alone 25% chance for getting the dec for each of the 3 judges nets you the fight about 16% of the time.. a far worse robbery was Held-Lauzon. But since it was smaller profile the droolers at Sherdog completely ignored it.

Their robberies of the year are a joke, and are mostly about awarding it to more popular fighters. Last year they gave it to Fedor-Maldonado, which is a complete joke, since most everybody would score that 28-28 (and one judge did so), but it's understandable that some judges almost never award 10-8s (was the case in the UFC for over a decade), so a 29-28 is not that surprising esp since it was in Russia and who knows who they brought it or what criteria they used (Fedor favoritism was expected as well obv).

That same year you had Manhoef-Carvalho where most everybody gave it to Manhoef 5-0 or 4-1. This is a fight no one of sane mind scored for Carvalho, and here you had all 3 judges award the first round to him when he did not land a single strike in a round that was all standup. It was so bad that, compustrike even tweeted about that. I don't think it's ever happened in the history of combat sports bar a Willie Pep rumor back in the day.

Last edited:
Handedly? He certainly did not beat him handedly. He very arguably lost to Anderson. Like very arguably
Not even a little arguable. Bisping clearly won at least 3 rounds so there is nothing arguable about it.

Not even a little arguable. Bisping clearly won at least 3 rounds so there is nothing arguable about it.
Anderson clearly won 2 and a 10-8 on one. At worst it's a draw and one round was very debatable.

Back