Shin guards or no shin guards

nynakmuay

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
What is the difference from fight with shin guards(cloth) to fighting without shin guards?

for you my friend watch the video ok

th

Last edited:
A whole lotta pain.

Get some legit shinguards from TopKing, Revgear, or Triumph United. Or twins. Cloth shinguards aren't going to do much to keep yourself or your training partners from injury.

It's good to kickspar with no shinguards ( like you see a lot of thai champs doing ) but when you're actually in the ring with a stablemate you gotta protect each other from needless pain.

The shinguards you typically wear in practice are very protective. In a lot amateur muay thai fights you'll wear cloth shinguards which are thin as hell, offering only a tiny bit of protection. You'll feel kicks a lot more in the cloth kind than standard practice shinguards.

Haven't fought without shinguards before but yeah, it would suck a lot if you're not prepared knowing how to check, counter, etc.

What is the difference from fight with shin guards(cloth) to fighting without shin guards?

not much believe it or not. I was told the same thing and thought the guys were just trying to be tough guys when they told me this. But in reality, its not that much of a difference. There is a difference yes, but not as big as one would think. Nothing to be overly concerned about. You wont feel it during the fight cause of all the adrenaline. After the fight your shins/legs will be lumped and swollen.

15872018_10212303497968983_2692519074842027758_n.jpg

I have never fought in competition with shin guards and in training I'm fully padded up. During my first fights I didn't feel a thing but after about 10-15 fights or so, and becoming more ring conscious, I started to feel all the pain... strangely enough. But you just have to man up and deal with it

61wjQnHF6ZL._SY355_.jpg

the standard shin guards are much thicker and provide alot of protection

_T9L6056.jpg

you have a really thin piece of foam inside the cloth ones, i'd say it's about maybe 2cm thick. you feel the kicks more and to be honest, i thought it was going to be worse but it's not TOO bad.

with the adrenaline going during a fight, you don't feel it plus you ain't got no time and you definitely don't want to show it to your opponent. but afterwards/next day...you def feel it.

The main and that we can not knock in the wrong place.
If it hits, it will break the leg. And the unprotected kick looks like they're stuck with a baseball booty in you.

you guys misread his question. His question wasnt about one shinguard vs the next shin guard. His question was whats the difference between fighting with shinguards vs without.

i can watch a bloody mess but these legs breaking scare the shit out of me

you guys misread his question. His question wasnt about one shinguard vs the next shin guard. His question was whats the difference between fighting with shinguards vs without.
Lol a whole lot of non-reading SOB's in this thread. <45>

I try to avoid protective gear as much as possible when I train, I believe this helps me get used to pain/taking hits and help toughen up the bones and the skin. So when it comes to real matches I will be able to endure much more.

Back