Shoe Brands that were popular back in the 80s and 90s that you wore as a kid

1zmjp6b.jpg

Saw allot of young bucks at the YMCA wearing these during the 90s.
I used to drop off my nephew there and we would always laugh at the sight of those.

Jimmy wore those.
Jimmy could jump high.
Jimmy liked Elaine.

maxresdefault.jpg

I had some BKs. My mom bought me some because I felt like they looked like old school Jordans.

I played basketball in HS at a private Christian School. We played this juvi correctional team one time, and some of them were not happy about my choice of shoe. Needless to say, I got checked a lot that game.

I had Kangaroos but distinctly remember that they were not considered cool by most kids.

I had some BKs. My mom bought me some because I felt like they looked like old school Jordans.

I played basketball in HS at a private Christian School. We played this juvi correctional team one time, and some of them were not happy about my choice of shoe. Needless to say, I got checked a lot that game.

Why did they not like them?

BK Knights, LA Gear and then Reebok Pumps were stand outs. By 6th grade though, you pretty much needed Nike or Jordans to be cool.

Teen years, it was Airwalks and Sketchers. Adulthood, I just like simple Adidas.

BK Knights, LA Gear and then Reebok Pumps were stand outs. By 6th grade though, you pretty much needed Nike or Jordans to be cool.

Teen years, it was Airwalks and Sketchers. Adulthood, I just like simple Adidas.
Man I need some new shoes and I’m either going Chuck Taylors or Adidas Gazelles.

The ones I remember

Air Jordan 3's
ajiii-og-bw-t.png
Air Jordan 6's
143547-672eddb48f504fb2a5c4a2fe09fbbc64.jpg
Nike Cortez
nike-cortez-leather-womens-sneakers-white-black-OE76.jpg
Rebook Pumps
maxresdefault.jpg

At one point I didn't care about sneakers. In Hawaii most people wear slippers (flip flops) on the daily. However late into college and beyond in the mid 2000s I started collecting Nike Dunks, then more exclusively Nike SB Dunks. Sold off a bunch, but still have some heat

Last edited:
Troops were huge when I was in junior high in the late 80's, all the young drug dealers and children of dealers wore them

87d374bb-0aff-4221-84b4-31d66703e8d4_1.48c29ba6c80d3bdbc2a5c278f08b905e.jpeg

81Tm0DuP0VL._UX395_.jpg

w89dxysqsdsqhswoaqh7.jpg

93f6517efbdd15ec1033595b896fbb47.jpg
Sweet Jesus yeah I remember those, they had a lovely range of shell suits as well,.There was one kid at school who had them (troop trainers and the shell suit) and that's all they wore. Every day...

I had LA gear, Nike, Adidas and Fila, pretty boring. No where near as flash as the Troop/British Knights brigade.
upload_2018-10-16_18-53-14.jpeg

Amateurs in here. GOAT

From what I remember lots of Adidas, Nike and Puma then got into Vision Street Wear when I started skating. Im almost exclusively an Adidas Originals guy now for the last 20 years when I wear sneakers.

I had DADAs in middle school...the chris webber joints

Grant Hill rocked the Fila's
WALTERS-x-FILA-GRANT-HILL-96-1.jpg

Pac even wore them
tupac-2pac-grant-hill-fila-96-shoes.jpg

Fila hasn't really fell off, a lot of people still wear their clothes and shoes, But man those Grant Hills were dope I had a pair back in jr high

1zmjp6b.jpg

Saw allot of young bucks at the YMCA wearing these during the 90s.
I used to drop off my nephew there and we would always laugh at the sight of those.
LMAO I remember those in Slam magazine they were supposed to give you hops, and help you slam dunk

They cost a grip too, I wonder if they really worked though, Im still laughing at them they were pretty popular in the 90s

I had DADAs in middle school...the chris webber joints

Oh snap DADAs with the spinners I remember those joints they were popular up to the early 2000s and fell off

I still cant believe people actually rocked them lol
m_5a852f4c3afbbdb2b54a457d.jpg

I remember when Mizuno exploded in the UK in the 90s and everyone had them. Then a couple of years later they seemed to vanish, and only spastics wore them.

I had some LA Gear shoes in the late 80's that I loved. I think they looked like these ones.
images

I remember Sketchers were hot for a minute but mostly the boots, they had some timbaland style boots that people rocked

Also VANS are the OG of skateshoes, I love vans man I only fuck with Vans right now

But I saw they are bringing AIRWALK back, I remember back in the day they had skaters who dissed you if you wore Airwalk they would call them AIR-WACK or PO-WALKS

Airwalk fell off and then independent brands like DC, Etnies, circa, emerica, dvs, Osiris, Zoo York, Adio, etc came along and people started rocking those, and then Airwalk made a deal with Payless shoes to sell some shoes there, but recently I didn't re up the deal and the company is now trying to bring them back

Also Nike SBs are the most popular skate shoes.

and I have to say the new Airwalks look dope now, but the key is how is the fit? if they look dope and fit well I will buy some.

http://www.airwalk.com/

Back