Shoe Brands that were popular back in the 80s and 90s that you wore as a kid

a kid in my HS Senior year basketball team photo (from 2000, mind you) is wearing BK Dymacels, no lie
I might cop some man they look clean as fuck
21ca12ea584492bc139ec7fb3dd3f464.jpg

I remember seeing these advertised loads in wwf/wwe's magazines but never saw any stores here stocking them.
they were popular out here in the states, a lot of the hip hop heads rocked them.

British Knights were the shit in 1990 then they fell off the face of the earth

Throughout my childhood, I had worn:
Zips
Roos
The Reeboks with the strap (only ones they made on the beginning, I think)
British Knights (the only ones with the cook BK button, according to "Tiny" the announcer of Fun House)

a kid in my HS Senior year basketball team photo (from 2000, mind you) is wearing BK Dymacels, no lie

I might cop some man they look clean as fuck
21ca12ea584492bc139ec7fb3dd3f464.jpg

I did not but I remember getting the Reebok Hexalites.

British Knights were the shit in 1990 then they fell off the face of the earth
Gang association thats why. When gangs started wearing them parents didnt let their kids wear them, they were very popular and fell off quickly it was strange.

Throughout my childhood, I had worn:
Zips
Roos
The Reeboks with the strap (only ones they made on the beginning, I think)
British Knights (the only ones with the cook BK button, according to "Tiny" the announcer of Fun House)

I did not but I remember getting the Reebok Hexalites.
I loved those hexalites, I also had the first Shaq shoes from Reebok.

Remember the rumors that British Knights were popular among the Crips, because BK secretly stood for Blood Killer?
Those weren't rumors. Growing up in L.A., you had to think twice about getting some BKs.

<SelenaWow>can't believe this thread is more than a year old, just seems like a few months I first posted in it.

of brands that were the shit, but have now vanished, everyone had these.....

yURS8TP.jpg

Used to only wear air walks in middle school

Those GPs were the shit back then. 90s shoes are hands down the best. I still wear 90s designed shoes.

s-l300.jpg

I used to wear generic running trainers for comfort but thought it was worth mentioning that you could buy reebok classics for £19.99 in the uk.
I bought a pair to hike/walk the dog in as they were considered uncool and the "smackheads" choice of trainer.
49797_01_standard.jpg

Now they are considered "retro" and are sold for £70 give or take.
I have even seen them being advertised in American mens style blogs as summer shoes.
Reebok classics were the shizz, as were Kickers, and let’s not forget Rockports with your tracksuit pants

as a kid we were poor, so mine where the generic KMart and Woolworth shoes(I'm sure most of you don't even know what Woolworth even is, basically the "poor version" of KMart). Remember playing baseball rounding first base and the bottom of one of my shoes fell off. It wasn't until I was in my late teens that I saved up for a pair of Nikes.

Grant Hill rocked the Fila's
WALTERS-x-FILA-GRANT-HILL-96-1.jpg

Pac even wore them
tupac-2pac-grant-hill-fila-96-shoes.jpg

Like two years ago I randomly found a Fila shirt at some Ross\Marshalls type store and immediately purchased it. Every time I wear it people are like "Fucking Fila is still around?"

Back