Shoes to wear while training boxing?

Wear what your coach/trainer recommends. Do what the gym does, it's that simple

I used to wear Boxing shoes to the Gym, but realized that's kinda dumb if you're poor and want your shoes to be nice if you actually get a bout. So now it's just sneakers. Same with trunks, now just sweats or shorts.

Wouldn't you have like training boxing shoes, and then your competition ones? I use my older boxing shoes purely for training, and have my nice ones tucked away for my ammys.

+1 for titleboxing.com. get yourself some decent boxing shoes for cheap.

i don't know how you guys can practice boxing with running shoes. i did that for a bit and i can't seem to pivot properly with them. running shoes are just not designed to allow proper boxing foot movements (IMO). a few times i thought i was going to twist my ankle from practicing in my running shoes. they were brand new and had a lot of grip.

Some one here a long time ago (on another account perhaps?) convinced me to get boxing shoes instead of using my converse... One of the better decisions I've done I'll tell you h'what.

Back then I couldn't afford two sets.

Good pair of Chucks and you're fine. They're extremely similar and slightly heavier for those who dig that.

lol@the comment about Converse.

I got wrestling shoes, b/c a lot of guys will use them for everything. If you're not a pure boxer more of an MMA guy, I wouldn't even mess w/ shoes especially wrestling shoes. Sometimes, in my boxing class, we do mitt work on the mats b/c of space. My wrestling shoes would really stick to the mat and my boxing coach kept telling me that I needed to pivot on the ball of my foot more. It took me at least a month to figure out that it was the shoes. It seriously held my training back. Grappling wise, wrestling shoes are good for pure wrestling. They make ankle locks easier for you opponent though

I got wrestling shoes, b/c a lot of guys will use them for everything. If you're not a pure boxer more of an MMA guy, I wouldn't even mess w/ shoes especially wrestling shoes. Sometimes, in my boxing class, we do mitt work on the mats b/c of space. My wrestling shoes would really stick to the mat and my boxing coach kept telling me that I needed to pivot on the ball of my foot more. It took me at least a month to figure out that it was the shoes. It seriously held my training back. Grappling wise, wrestling shoes are good for pure wrestling. They make ankle locks easier for you opponent though

An alternative to wrestling shoes if you're on mats a lot are Sambo shoes, they have softer soles with less grip so you can actually pivot though they do add a little grip, especially if the mats get sweaty.

An alternative to wrestling shoes if you're on mats a lot are Sambo shoes, they have softer soles with less grip so you can actually pivot though they do add a little grip, especially if the mats get sweaty.
Just go barefoot, its cheaper

I accidentally bought wrestling shoes once. They worked fine. I went through so many boxing shoes it's quite crazy. Way more than gloves. I currently have four shoes but only 2 pairs of gloves.

I accidentally bought wrestling shoes once. They worked fine. I went through so many boxing shoes it's quite crazy. Way more than gloves. I currently have four shoes but only 2 pairs of gloves.
they say boxing's the poor man's sport, but the gear's so much more expensive than karate or judo

I've been wondering this myself.

I was leaning more towards Kickboxing/Muay Thai and just wanted to do Boxing to sharpen my hands, footwork, reflexes etc, but I think I'd rather just train Boxing now.

All of my Boxing classes have been barefoot, but I was wondering if there's any point in getting shoes and whether hi top or lo top were the better fit for me (I'm tall and rangy, but would like to work on the inside aswell)

Say what you want, but when I was a kid and took TKD it was a simple 100/month and that was it; When I started MMA I gotta get 3 types of gloves (bag, 12oz MT, 6oz MMA), shin guards, and others

Say what you want, but when I was a kid and took TKD it was a simple 100/month and that was it; When I started MMA I gotta get 3 types of gloves (bag, 12oz MT, 6oz MMA), shin guards, and others

lol just giving you shit. I'm so poor some of the shoes I have are left overs from gym from years ago. My trainer was going to throw them out but I was like are there any my size? I wanted to get the shoes Lomachenko uses for my last fight but when I saw the price tag I quickly decided against it.

lol just giving you shit. I'm so poor some of the shoes I have are left overs from gym from years ago. My trainer was going to throw them out but I was like are there any my size? I wanted to get the shoes Lomachenko uses for my last fight but when I saw the price tag I quickly decided against it.
lol, it ain't stealing if you don't get caught

I am using reebok realflex ones for training and I been more then happy with them and sometimes just barefeet or footwraps. You don´t necessarily need boxing shoes to train just some decent sports shoes or so.

Back