Shogun Getting to his Feet GIF

That face..I forgot that fight was so quick. I thought Golata was gonna be really good. His fuckin brain farts in the Bowe fights, WTF!
Good times in HW boxing

So much talent, nothing between the ears. He could have been one of the greats.

I can't help but not respect these guys... you have to have a very low IQ to take such a beating, shortening not only your life expectancy by years, but also your mental cognition. This guy will be a full potato by the time he hits 50 and like living assisted in his 60s.

If you must take the fighting career path, at least be smart about like GSP and Conor. They made tons of money, took very little damage (compared to others) and ''retired'' (seemingly) with millions in the bank and their health in check. Meanwhile Shogun is worth what... 3-4 millions at the most and completely brain dead.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's never been good. He went 9-9 in the UFC... he's a C level fighter if we're being transparent. Winning a belt doesn't mean shit, everyone has won a belt by now.

Shogun is a legend, but i think he should hang it up. Glad all that title shot talk is now gone for good. DC would have beaten down Shogun. He would have been mauled. Shogun should maybe have one last retirement fight in Brazil. He has nothing else to prove. Hate seeing him get finished like this.

Thank you, it's one of my best attributes

stephen-colbert-gif-6.gif

I vouch. LB's Poor Taste should be trademarked. Dan Quinn and Travis Fulton could have a baby and that fucker would have to beg LB for oxygen.

maxresdefault.jpg

That Jones beatdown and Hendo war alone took years off his career and life.
He was also pretty beat up prior to getting in to the UFC just training with Chute Boxe, then there was that War With Lil' Nog.

I vouch. LB's Poor Taste should be trademarked. Dan Quinn and Travis Fulton could have a baby and that fucker would have to beg LB for oxygen.

maxresdefault.jpg

My hairline is far superior to this tubby man, but I like his swag.

The next era of fighters and footballers will be the toughest of the tough. It’s well documented now what’s most likely in store for them at the end of their career.

Looked like gravity or the Force was pulling him forward and downward. The post fight speech replay showed a better angle where you could see he was KTFO'd lights out on his feet by the elbow.

I know. I'm not saying he's dirty. I'm saying he should get on peds now because physically he looks and performs terribly.
I don't recall Shogun ever looking chiseled and toned. He always had that bit of pudge.

just watched this fight, and a couple of things of note, smith is huge, how the hell did he make middleweight? and shogun looked slow as shit.

How in the feck do the doctors keep clearing this guy to fight? There is something dangerously wrong here.
<JerryWWF>

Yikes thats just fucking brutal.

If you must take the fighting career path, at least be smart about like GSP and Conor. They made tons of money, took very little damage (compared to others) and ''retired'' (seemingly) with millions in the bank and their health in check.

GSP's brain injury is actually one that always scared me. He's talked about how he's looked at a clock and realized that hours have passed but had no recollection of it, or suddenly become confused about how he got somewhere.

He uses aliens as his explanation, and it sounds comical, but clearly there's some early (or not so early) signs of brain damage/dementia going on.

Last edited:
I can't help but not respect these guys... you have to have a very low IQ to take such a beating, shortening not only your life expectancy by years, but also your mental cognition. This guy will be a full potato by the time he hits 50 and like living assisted in his 60s.

If you must take the fighting career path, at least be smart about like GSP and Conor. They made tons of money, took very little damage (compared to others) and ''retired'' (seemingly) with millions in the bank and their health in check. Meanwhile Shogun is worth what... 3-4 millions at the most and completely brain dead.

I'm sure he's a nice guy, but he's never been good. He went 9-9 in the UFC... he's a C level fighter if we're being transparent. Winning a belt doesn't mean shit, everyone has won a belt by now.
He won a belt before they made interim belts every 6 months like they do now. So it did mean something when he won it. His knees and reflexes were damaged 5-6 years ago. Hes a shot fighter. Simple as that. He was coasting on being an experienced veteran. You can only coast on that for so long before your body just can't do what you want it to do. His knees, both of them have been operated on. I think more than once. Hes been plagued by injuries.

Back