Shogun Getting to his Feet GIF

I don't recall Shogun ever looking chiseled and toned. He always had that bit of pudge.
In 2005 he was much leaner. And it's not so much his look. More his performance. I want him on peds if that could turn back the clock. But I don't think peds can bring his knees back to normal. Once your knees go that's it. It's over. In Football if your knees go, you're done. Same goes for fighting. It's surprising how some fighters come back. But I think shogun tore his MCL, LCL and ACL in both knees. Plus meniscus. And major patela problems. He can barely walk. Let alone fight. And it shows.

giphy.gif
Needs a "let me bang bro" along the bottom

Dude, that hellbow on the cage was fucking brutal, shogun had no idea where he was after :(

Idk why people for some reason get blown away by this kinda stuff. Guy gets KO’d, sometimes this is expected. Remember they’re only human. Except your favourite fighters, they’re all invincible.

Imagine what Cormier would’ve done if he would’ve got the title shot that so many were hoping he would get.

It would’ve been Jones beatdown level bad.

As much as I love shogun and will always be a fe an no matter what I wouldnt mind seeing him retired. It's just depressing at this rate

Shogun vs. Old brazilian for a retirement fight in Brazil and that's it.

Dude has done more than enough for the sport. He's a legend.

i think people look at the end result and are too quick to conclude what it means. getting knocked out is getting knocked out - he got rocked and then caught a bunch of times after he was already rocked. that he didn't go down, turtle up and get stopped and instead got the lights shut out, it's the same...

it doesn't mean he can't compete. he got caught by a big powerful lhw.

that said, his body looks worn and he's had his injuries over the years.

Tough bastard still wants to get up. I'd want to hide under a pile of coats after that beating.

Back